What Do You Think Of Windows Me???

lets stop beating a dead horse

lol

*imagins a few hundred neowinians smacking the broken Me CD with a copy of Windows XP (and some linux distro's) and shouting "i hate you" histerically :happy: :D "

If it wasnt for this thread there wouldnt be much activity in here lol. Shame really :)

My 2 cents:

Windows ME was a feable attempt by Microsoft to build a "media" friendly OS on top of 98SE.

The thing is Windows 98SE was FAR more stable and did most of my multimedia FAR better.

I used ME for a year and simple gave up when it was evident that it is one of the most unstable OS "stepups" Microsoft has ever released.

It's the embarassment of the Windows family.

Windows XP rules, Long live XP!!

Just my 2 cents.

• 4 weeks later...

it never ran well on my old 6 year old computer as an upgrade, never tried a clean install. however on this new computer i got last september it's running better than xp ran on it. and yes, i would've kept xp on it however it didn't come with an xp cd. plus, my scanner and zip drive aren't usable under xp, so the best i could do for now is windowsme. if i could still find windows2000 somewhere, i'd be using w2k pro.

it never ran well on my old 6 year old computer as an upgrade, never tried a clean install. however on this new computer i got last september it's running better than xp ran on it. and yes, i would've kept xp on it however it didn't come with an xp cd. plus, my scanner and zip drive aren't usable under xp, so the best i could do for now is windowsme. if i could still find windows2000 somewhere, i'd be using w2k pro.

Zip drives work no1 under XP, I tried many zip drives, Parrallel, USB, Firewire, many... and they work fine

For your scanner, some, I know, work bad... try to get sum drivers

Even if I would lose my scanner, I still prefer XP :D

This is weird because I used ME for awhile, and I never found any real problems with it that I can remember. Of course, my computer came with it, and I'd pick XP over it any day of the week. I mean, I felt it was pretty decent, I never had any programs crash, and when I heard about a year ago that ME was a disaster for MS, I thought it was because of the notable lack of driver support. Now I'm hearing all these weird problems I never experienced. Whatever. :huh:

i never ran it myself, but i was building alot of computers with it. and i can tell you this....

a lot of the compuetr were having strange problems, to many to remember, but my solution was to put windows 98se on them and they never had the problems again. i was happy and the customers were happy...

true story ;)

I never had a problem with it.

Most of the people who dis it, are ones who've never used it and just see others saying the same stupid poop about it.

It's all uninformed. I only got it to BSOD once one me in 8 months of running it, that's pretty damn good.

Granted, it should've never been released, but there was nothing wrong with the actuall OS.

In fact, it even had a bunch of enhancements over 98 (one being it had 2k's TCP/IP stack).

Some of you people need to just stop being so hard headed and realize that, yes, MS was ghey to release it, but it was still a decent OS in of itself.

9x Was the base of Windows, not NT Rules! Long live Windows! I like better Linux, but too lazy to type all that. I have the chance to know Linux a lil bit. Alot of people dont know how to use it... ;)

• 1 month later...

When I ran Windows ME I thought it was great, and even an improvement over 98 in terms of Media Player etc. But since I moved over to 2k and XP I just left 9x kernal dead in its box.

People should just stop making uninformed decisions just for the hell of it, there's no point simply saying 'Windows ME blows' at all, what does it achieve?

I was really happy once i first got it. But after a while i kept getting BSOD, and then dieing in games or not running them.. :( just a bad experience for me