What Do You Think Of Windows Me???

I see ME as the o/s that led to xp... with a whole bunch of cool features that MS had to test (system restore to name one).....

However it is a shell and not an O/s.... and that was where it fell down cos all those features didn't sit on it very well.

Just my 2 cents.

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

Hooorah for XP!  Now will this Longhorn crap be any better? From the looks of things,.........not really. I'll stick with XP pro for awhile.

You have to remember it is in Alpha at the moment which in no way represents how it will be in beta stages or final product. I remember Windows XP in alpha - nothing at all what it is today

btw Windows ME is poo-poo

I'm pretty sure that when longhorn is released (they reckon 2005)... it will be very nice.....

put I got differ with you regarding XP, the alphas had watercolor..... and that made it cool (and I ran it without a reboot for 6 months - something I can't seem to do with XP). But on second thoughts.... it was only win2k with built in skinning......and the start panel.

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

i find it fascinating that this thread is like 4 months old, and yet it gets rooted out of the depths so more people can say "eww windows me...smelly"

but i wouldn't mind being a part of this historic thread, before it gets closed :D

It has it's merits. Like any OS. Many people are simply stupid and don't know how to use it. But then again, the OS is pretty messed up to begin with.

I would not say it STINKS like maggot crap, but it kind of does....

• 2 weeks later...
I think its the biggest pile ofcrap that ever oozed out of Bill Gates arse

I thought that was IE

IE is the only browser i'm happy with

I have to agree with you on that. I like IE6. Or any IE period.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it depends on your hardware with how stable it is. It's the 9x kernel so of course its going to crash, but i still believe that Me isnt as bad as people make out. I think its just (as someone else said) become a leet thing to hate the OS lol.

Windows ME is less stable than a house on a cliff made of sand in the middle of Armageddon!

Never will use a 9x based kernel operating system ever again :no:

Windows ME does make it easier to troubleshoot though, system restore and all that crap

Windows ME is less stable than a house on a cliff made of sand in the middle of Armageddon!

Never will use a 9x based kernel operating system ever again :no:

Now that's way so not true. But feel free to not use it ever.