Apple Event - 19th Oct

I'm guessing since the Quad G5 doesn't get released till 3 - 4 weeks it says we probably won't see 4.3 till mid/late Nov then since supposedly it was suppose to ship with them no?

Greeeeeat, they update the powerbooks a week after I just bought one. Greeeeeat.....

586695387[/snapback]

Can't really blame anyone but yourself... Rumor sites have been talking about the last event for so long, and then when they didn't come and another event was announced, this was all but assured. Sorry, though.

Greeeeeat, they update the powerbooks a week after I just bought one. Greeeeeat.....

586695387[/snapback]

Dave you cant say anything since I told you they were going to get an update in a few weeks before you ordered yours but you couldn't wait :p So like umm ner ner ner ner ner...

I was expecting them to give copies out of iTunes 7 on CD as people walked into the building and then copies of iTunes 8 as they left. And then iTunes 9 would be available to download that night.

586695473[/snapback]

hahaha yeah, why the hell did they call that new release version 6?! :laugh:

^ :laugh:

I still haven't figured out why they called it version 6... it only added video capability to it. :blink:

586695427[/snapback]

Dude! iTunes had video capability since version 4.8 or 4.9, only the "Videos" Library is new! :laugh:

Edited by Neowave

I was expecting them to give copies out of iTunes 7 on CD as people walked into the building and then copies of iTunes 8 as they left. And then iTunes 9 would be available to download that night.

OMG, the PBs are soo tempting, i want a 15" soo bad, but i dont know, part of me is saying wait for the intel books, but i have this sneaky suspicion that they only updated the specs on these PBs just to get rid of stock, so there is no garuntee that the intel books will come with these specs or better and at this price!

I mean for Gods sake, with my edu discount a really pimped out 15" PB can be mine for $2199!  $2199 CND!!! I remember getting an older model without the superdrive with a discount for $2600! :p

OH BTW, did anyone else notice on the site it doesnt mention bluetooth, or is it just me./ did they take out the bluetooth?

586695486[/snapback]

I think we can safely assume they did not remove bluetooth.

[edit]actually it says it includes bluetooth directly on the powerbook page... easiest way to check is just search the page for bluetooth.[/edit]

Edited by Miran

OMG, the PBs are soo tempting, i want a 15" soo bad, but i dont know, part of me is saying wait for the intel books, but i have this sneaky suspicion that they only updated the specs on these PBs just to get rid of stock, so there is no garuntee that the intel books will come with these specs or better and at this price!

I mean for Gods sake, with my edu discount a really pimped out 15" PB can be mine for $2199! $2199 CND!!! I remember getting an older model without the superdrive with a discount for $2600! :p

OH BTW, did anyone else notice on the site it doesnt mention bluetooth, or is it just me./ did they take out the bluetooth?

yeah i just found out that bluetooth is still in, im an idiot, but id still like to hear peoples opinions on wether or not its still worth it to buy this or wait for the intel, a lot of the hardware looks like its being held back by the processor itself! :p

586695486[/snapback]

You must be blind then:

PowerBook page @ Apple.com

Lower right corner:

Connectivity to Go

AirPort Extreme based on the 802.11g standard

Gigabit Ethernet on 15-inch and 17-inch models; 10/100BASE-T Ethernet on the 12-inch model

56K V.92 modem

High-speed USB 2.0

FireWire 400 on all models; additional FireWire 800 on 15-inch and 17-inch models

Bluetooth 2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)

It's also listed under the Wireless topic on the store page, near the bottom center of the page.

Thank god this is over we have has the new machines instock form the last few days but were not able to say anything or sell them, It has been killing me. Everyone has been posting there predictions for the updates and I have wanted to tell everyone how close they were.

I can finally unbox one tomorrow and see how these bad boys run :)

Edit: Not the top spec G5 tho, we wont get them for a while methinks :cry:

You must be blind then:

PowerBook page @ Apple.com

Lower right corner:

It's also listed under the Wireless topic on the store page, near the bottom center of the page.

586695525[/snapback]

no need to be a jerk about it, and i also pointed out i missed it in my previous post and called myself and idiot, but thanks for going that extra step :p jerk.

They are capable of 720p, but not 1080i (the 17" is just a little shy of it).

sorry about the Bluetooth thing, I was typing my reply as you were, you just managed to beat me to the submit button.

I've been watching the virtual tours of aperture and I have to say, it looks very, very nice for people who are doing digital photography. It doesn't really look like a direct competitor to Photoshop ... it's more than that and yet very different. Some of the feature it has are just amazing and should really speed up the workflow.

roadwarrior: That second quote in your sig rocks :yes:

Anyway, I've been wanting a PB for the longest time but I just can't afford it :( Oh well, perhaps they'll be more affordable after the Intel switch. Besides, I'd like to be able to get a PB with Centrino technology for better battery life anyway.

I just got a powerbook at hte beggining of this semester, so its around 2 months old, the biggest thing I envy on the new powerbooks is hte 5 hour battery life, my 2.5 hours is great and i have it on 'max performance', but I'd kill for 5 hours, however ill most likely just pick up a 2nd battery, according to apple if the computer is asleep you can swap batteries without turning it off.

i dont get it, didnt Jobs say that 2005 was the "year of hd"? what happened? Oh man a 15" PB and a 30" Cinema Display would be sooo sweet right about now!!! :)

Can't edit above post ...

In fact, after watching the Nondestructive Image Processing quick tour, it isn't a competitor to photoshop at all since you can open images in an external editor (they show photoshop) and have it update the image in Aperture in real-time (after the changes have been saved in said external editor of course).

Can't really blame anyone but yourself...  Rumor sites have been talking about the last event for so long, and then when they didn't come and another event was announced, this was all but assured.  Sorry, though.

586695404[/snapback]

Oh I knew about it, but I was hoping they would atleast wait a month or two so I wouldnt feel so bad lol. But its ok, I got mine for 1300 :D