Marijuana or Alcohol?

What would you rather see legal (Support your answer!)  

509 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather see legal (Support your answer!)

• Marijuana
    • Alcohol

I don't consume either substance, but seeing the effects of both from a completely sober viewpoint, I have to say that the effects of alcohol are far more disturbing.

+1 for Mary Jane

:blink: Marijuanna has no effect on me and seems like a big waste of money.  If I really want any 'buzz' I choose red wine ... hic up. :p

586760416[/snapback]

no effect :o big waste of money :o take it back. :p

you probably don't know how to properly smoke properly or don't smoke good weed. most people who don't smoke cigarettes don't know how to pull smoke from the spliff/cig/blunt into their mouth and then into their lungs. if you dont smoke then you should feel your lungs 'collapsing' your first time.

There is only one reason why booze is legal and pot isn't. You can tax booze. You can't tax pot cause anybody could grow it. booze is an industry. I am personally against any government controling a persons individual freedoms. If someone wants to ruin their body with pot, drugs, booze, or kill themselves, they should have that right. Same with cigs. cigs will kill you slowly. yet it is legal cause it can be taxed.

Face it... it isn't illegal cause the gov't cares about your wellbeing. If they could control it and tax it, they would be shoving it down your throats.

There is only one reason why booze is legal and pot isn't. You can tax booze. You can't tax pot cause anybody could grow it. booze is an industry. I am personally against any government controling a persons individual freedoms. If someone wants to ruin their body with pot, drugs, booze, or kill themselves, they should have that right. Same with cigs. cigs will kill you slowly. yet it is legal cause it can be taxed.

Face it... it isn't illegal cause the gov't cares about your wellbeing. If they could control it and tax it, they would be shoving it down your throats.

586760519[/snapback]

its illegal to distill your own booze, and i think you can make your own wine. the government could grow the pot itself and tax it and keep it illegal to grow your own pot but they can't stop the people from growing it now so whats to say they'll be able to in the future. ;)

its illegal to distill your own booze, and i think you can make your own wine. the government could grow the pot itself and tax it and keep it illegal to grow your own pot but they can't stop the people from growing it now so whats to say they'll be able to in the future. ;)

586760531[/snapback]

Exactly...

no effect  :o big waste of money  :o take it back. :p

you probably don't know how to properly smoke properly or don't smoke good weed. most people who don't smoke cigarettes don't know how to pull smoke from the spliff/cig/blunt into their mouth and then into their lungs. if you dont smoke then you should feel your lungs 'collapsing' your first time.

586760500[/snapback]

That's a good point. It really doesn't take much skill to drink. You just consume it and don't puke. Hell, even if you puke you just keep consuming until you don't care anymore.

Pot does take at least a little bit of skill. People often say that they don't get any buzz off of it but that is usually because they are beginners and they might be nervous or simply don't know how to do it properly. It's not all that hard, but you have to at least be somewhat aware of what you're doing. Also, if you think joints/blunts don't give you much of a buzz, I'd like to see you take a couple full hits off of a bubbler/bong with some actual quality weed in there and tell me you don't feel anything. ;)

regardless of whether or not either should be legal, the scientific facts show that neither are very good for you. Alcohol tends to trash the liver, and supresses the central nervous system. bad for you.... not to mention what else it does to the body

Pot, tends to weaken the mylene sheath, around the axons in the brain. The Mylean sheath acts as an insullator between neurons, making communication between cells faster. This is very bad. While pot users wont notice at first, it leads to all sorts of nasty things such as memory loss and psychosis... Very bad...

Not trying to start a flame war here, just trying to put out a couple of facts. I Live in BC, where pot is not a huge deal. do I care if people use it? not really. do I think it is as "safe" as people claim it to be? most certainly not.

Alcohol is way more deadly than Marijuanna. it no contest. it should be legal.

586760510[/snapback]

Exactly how is alcohol "way more deadly" than marijuana? If you're saying more people die from drunk people than high people, well duh. That's because booze is currently legal and pot currently is not (in the U.S.). If pot were legal, there would be more high people around and more people dying because of them. Personally, I think pot is more deadly because a couple good hits off of a join feels like you just instantly had like 15 beers, except without the sick feeling. Basically, you can get really high a lot easier and faster than you can get really drunk (in my opinion, at least).

I REEEEEALLLY want to know what Neobonds thinks about this. Since where he lives Weed is leagal so he probobly smoked a blunt or two before

586760549[/snapback]

I bet Neobond would reply to this thread, but right now he's too high to find his keyboard.

;) :p :laugh:

you guys should read this, I don't know how real it is... but found it on other forum I visit

http://cannabisculture.com/articles/4570.html

586760566[/snapback]

That seems quite real. I searched Google News and found a whole bunch of sources reporting the same thing. The catch is that it is only a small amount of marijuana. So they're not totally legalizing it, just a significant step towards that, it appears.

If pot were legal, there would be more high people around and more people dying because of them. Personally, I think pot is more deadly because a couple good hits off of a join feels like you just instantly had like 15 beers, except without the sick feeling. Basically, you can get really high a lot easier and faster than you can get really drunk (in my opinion, at least).

I bet Neobond would reply to this thread, but right now he's too high to find his keyboard.

;)  :p  :laugh:

586760568[/snapback]

thats where your wrong my friend. beer makes people violent. weed makes people calm. two completely different things..

as for a couple hits being 10 beers.. have you ever smoked?? that not even close... i cant even begin to describe how wrong that is. alcohol != weed, totally different.

and another thing - saying Neobond is too high to find his keyboard.. i know it was a joke, but that doesn't make sense. too DRUNK to find it maybe. weed doesn't make you stupid like alcohol.

weed...

definately.

why?

i've been drunk before... i can't control myself, walking into walls, falling down uncontrollably, etc.

i've also been high before... i can control myself, i can act perfectly normal if i need to, i can walk perfectly. only a little paranoid at times :)

mr. Marley said it best:

I smoke two joints in the morning

I smoke two joints at night,

I smoke two joints in the afternoon

And it makes me feel alright

Smoke two joints in time of peace

And two in time of war

Smoke two joints before i smoke two joints

And then i smoke some more

i don't actually smoke joints but i think it's way better than getting drunk