Marijuana or Alcohol?

What would you rather see legal (Support your answer!)  

509 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather see legal (Support your answer!)

• Marijuana
    • Alcohol

as for a couple hits being 10 beers.. have you ever smoked?? that not even close... i cant even begin to describe how wrong that is. alcohol != weed, totally different.

586760585[/snapback]

Don't you love it when ANYONE that who has no experience spouts off 'the truth'. I'm glad a lot of antidrug websites have dropped the 'over the top' bull**** they used to put out. These days, theantidrug.com warnings on marijuana look like warnings on alcohol or cigarettes. Still some alarmist 1920s/1930s hype, but better).

10 beers will **** you up. Unless you are a raging alcoholic or drank those 10 beers over an extended period. Imagine using a beer bong to consume 10 beers in a row...emergency room time. Now, imagine a couple hits of weed. Oranges to oranges my ass eh?

Marijuana causes brain damage and alcohol doesn't. Give me a ****ing break. Everything causes brain damage. Or interferes with 'normal' brain operation. Etc etc. Nicotine is supposedly very bad for congnition due to the way it 'interferes' with normal brain operation (I believe the study I read was using test scores pre and post to determine the influence, much like the tests theantidrug.com quotes regarding marijuana use and test scores...ohs nos).

When I was young, and alcohol was hard to get, I really liked Marijuana. A lot. As time went by it wasn't as much fun, but I still smoked some, drank a bit. Then stopped doing both. These days I drink a little, I'm finding that I enjoy trying different types of wine...had some delicious Oog's Blush from a local winery...so tasty! No more marijuana for me, but thats just a personal decision.

Hangovers suck for sure. Marijuana is so nice to your body, so hard to abuse. Alcohol can be such a bitch the next morning...

Edited by Garrett Socling

well , id rather see 10 people high doing that whole pothead lets figure things out and put stuff together , as opposed to seeing 10 drunks destryoing things and hurting people

I know from experience and from family that pot is nothing to quit where as booze requires help (AA). Potheads are more relaxed and safer. Btw, cigarettes are the gateway drug.

thats where your wrong my friend. beer makes people violent. weed makes people calm. two completely different things..

as for a couple hits being 10 beers.. have you ever smoked?? that not even close... i cant even begin to describe how wrong that is. alcohol != weed, totally different.

and another thing - saying Neobond is too high to find his keyboard.. i know it was a joke, but that doesn't make sense. too DRUNK to find it maybe. weed doesn't make you stupid like alcohol.

586760585[/snapback]

That's actually not wrong. "beer makes people violent" is a far from fact. That is true with some people, but in my experiences, that is only true for a very small percentage of people (less than 1%). If people are violent to begin with, of course beer wont help the situation, but beer does not randomly turn somebody violent. Also, "weed makes people calm" is far from fact. Again, it depends on the person. Some people act calm, but I've also seem many people that constantly walk around and talk very loudly and seem to minorly "freak out" when they were high.

As for my comparison from marijuana to beer, I know they aren't the same. However, in my personal experiences, the first thing that I thought was it felt like I suddenly had the effect of a whole bunch of alcohol, except none of that sick feeling that people sometimes get with alcohol. For me, both substances produce that calm and happy kind of feeling. So, for me at least, they are somewhat similar in the effects that they produce.

About the joke thing, yes it was a joke. However, if you really want to get into it, drunk people can lose things and high people can lose things. You seem to be assuming things about the effects these substances have on people. I don't know if you're basing your assumptions on your personal experiences or what, but you're assuming things that are simply too general.

Overall point of this reply: Both alcohol and marijuana have different effects on different people and it can depend on an almost endless amount of factors such as (but not limited to) specific kind of substance (hard alcohol vs beer, cheap weed vs expensive/high-quality weed), time of day, mood of person to begin with, social environment, and color of underwear. So stop saying things like "beer makes people violent" or "weed doesn't make you stupid like alcohol." It all depends.

Wow, I can't believe that the new denver vote is real! I live in denver (suburb of denver, but close enough) so thats fantastic! Except I'm not quite 21 yet, but that doesn't stop any kid in highschool from getting wasted every weekend now does it? :D

I once said that alcohol was the perfect drug for the masses because it left you feeling like **** the next day, which discouraged using it too much. Though to be fair, I was very drunk at the time, so I was probably a little biased. In the end though, I really don't care what other people put in their bodies.

That's actually not wrong. "beer makes people violent" is a far from fact. That is true with some people, but in my experiences, that is only true for a very small percentage of people (less than 1%). If people are violent to begin with, of course beer wont help the .......

586760762[/snapback]

In my experience, the stereotypes are 98% true. (More likely to be violent while drinking, blah blah blah)

In my experience, the stereotypes are 98% true. (More likely to be violent while drinking, blah blah blah)

586760784[/snapback]

Well then I guess our experiences differ. It happens.

Why isn't there a "black tar heroine" option? Or a "crstyal meth" option? Seriously man, you're trying to keep us down.

586760791[/snapback]

always trying to keep the crackheads down :no: :p

Drugs are all bad, in my experience marijuana has ruined lives, so has alcohol, i have lost one uncle to alcohol, and i have seen 1 girlfriend and 3 family members wast away smoking pot, my x gf was a good girl, started smoking pot for 1 whole year, now she lives with her dad and she takes her whole paycheck for pot, she has tried to quit but she has headaches and cravings for it, broke my heart..

as for my family, my aunt is 43 years old and dumber than a damn doornob, she never used to be that way, you will try to talk to her and she is in a constant fog.

my opinions may be biased but hey, i have seen $hit, there was another thread similar to this and i poured all my emotions into it, i will not let my self do it to this thread also.

Edited by micro

Well then I guess our experiences differ. It happens.

586760794[/snapback]

Maybe i should rephrase that. I agree that if you are a more violent person to begin with then alcohol isn't neccessarily to blame. However i've seen drunks fight and potheads argue for a minute.

Maybe i should rephrase that. I agree that if you are a more violent person to begin with then alcohol isn't neccessarily to blame. However i've seen drunks fight and potheads argue for a minute.

586760819[/snapback]

Oh, I guess I was confused by your previous post. Whatever, I guess we agree then. :p

i will drink but NEVER EVER do any kind of drugs, anything from weed, extacy, shrooms, cocaine, etc

i just wont... but id drink

586760853[/snapback]

umm are you kidding :blink: :blink:

i don't care if you guys smoke. i've had and have friends that smoke. they tried to make me but I KNOW MUCH BETTER! ;)

i just wouldn't do it at all. i got a whole life in front of me. i'm not risking it with some ****ing plant.

i agree w/ the ppl saying it should be legalized and taxed. u know that whole thing about education not being fully funded? yeah a pot tax would probably cure that whole budget shortfall, eh?

i don't care if you guys smoke. i've had and have friends that smoke. they tried to make me but I KNOW MUCH BETTER! ;)

i just wouldn't do it at all. i got a whole life in front of me. i'm not risking it with some ****ing plant.

586760907[/snapback]

Is that a weed leaf for your avatar? Kind of looks like one... I'm not going to argue with you about the effects of marijuana usage, but look at it this way, I have a 4.0 in school, have a job, have many friends, and i still smoke weed. I just don't throw my life away and live for it.

You can make up your mind about your views on weed, but it looks like you've victim to the anti-drug poisoning thats been given to you since the first grade. I thought the same thing about weed at first, but the only way to know is to try it.

umm are you kidding  :blink:  :blink:

586760868[/snapback]

Why would he? The only thing suggesting he would be kidding is his avatar but you can recover completely from alcohol but most drugs 'cause permanent damage to your brain.