Marijuana or Alcohol?

What would you rather see legal (Support your answer!)  

509 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather see legal (Support your answer!)

• Marijuana
    • Alcohol

Marijuana is an evil plant that makes one extremely lazy and also leads to the use of cocaine and other hard drugs. It has ruined numerous communities. Keep it illegal and expand the penalties for possessing it at the federal level.

As for alcohol.. I believe all except mild wines should be banned. The reason for keeping wine around is, wine is OK because our Lord drank it and even transformed water into it. The age should be raised to 25 for any alcohol at the least.

i enjoy both on a daily basis, but since one already is illegal, and it doesn't stop me uhh...

but if i HAD to choose, probably marijuana because it helps me sleep.

and wtf XDViPeR? that IS a pot leaf in your avatar. maybe you just think it's a pretty flower? i dunno.

edit: after reading these posts i realize most of you are probably under 21 anyways.

smoking weed isn't the best thing you can do, but it's certainly not the worst. neither is alcohol. understand moderation.

i've got a good job, and great home, etc... but there is nothing with what i do in the privacy of my own home... moderation. it won't ruin your life if you're smart enough.

As for alcohol.. I believe all except mild wines should be banned. The reason for keeping wine around is, wine is OK because our Lord drank it and even transformed water into it. The age should be raised to 25 for any alcohol at the least.

hahahaha -- wine will mess you up worse then most beer will. and because our lord? hmm... my lord drinks jager.

edit 2: i live in denver. this happened last night but unfortunatley will change nothing. :(

Edited by rev23dev

regardless of whether or not either should be legal, the scientific facts show that neither are very good for you. Alcohol tends to trash the liver, and supresses the central nervous system. bad for you.... not to mention what else it does to the body

Pot, tends to weaken the mylene sheath, around the axons in the brain. The Mylean sheath acts as an insullator between neurons, making communication between cells faster. This is very bad. While pot users wont notice at first, it leads to all sorts of nasty things such as memory loss and psychosis... Very bad...

Not trying to start a flame war here, just trying to put out a couple of facts. I Live in BC, where pot is not a huge deal. do I care if people use it? not really. do I think it is as "safe" as people claim it to be? most certainly not.

586760563[/snapback]

i have smoked pot every day for the past 3 years, and havent been unhigh for more than 15 hours out of those 3 years. and in those 3 years, i have been sick a total times of......... 0. so it doesnt make your immune system weak if you actually exercise and eat right. also, my memory is great, but that may be becuase i read alot and make sure i get enough mental stimulation. it does have its effects, but i can handle them all.

i vote pot, becuase the worse it has done to me is a headache, and thats just becuase we are forced to sometimes smoke the bad stuff becuase it is illegal :(

Marijuana is an evil plant that makes one extremely lazy and also leads to the use of cocaine and other hard drugs. It has ruined numerous communities. Keep it illegal and expand the penalties for possessing it at the federal level.

586760941[/snapback]

i hope to god that your joking

So stop saying things like "beer makes people violent" or "weed doesn't make you stupid like alcohol." It all depends.

586760762[/snapback]

im still gunna have to disagree. beer makes you feel like you can do anything. guys especially.. thats why there are so many drunk fights. have you ever heard of a high fight? hellls no. high people are nice and think everything is funny.

but thats enough of that. i guess theres no way to prove it. maybe some people are different..

Personally, I think both should be illegal along with tobacco smoking. Most people seem to be ignorant or confused as to the consequences of these substances for their physical and mental well being.

However, if I had to choose between alcohol and weed, I would make weed legal and alcohol illegal for social reasons.

marijauana for sure  :cool: my theory is a substance that can make you throw up should not be in your system in the first place.

586760378[/snapback]

You obviously haven't smoked enough good weed. Too much of it can give you severe motion sickness. So that you can not move at all with out vomiting. But you can still lie down, keep still and sleep it off. No spinning rooms! :wacko:

Exactly how is alcohol "way more deadly" than marijuana? If you're saying more people die from drunk people than high people, well duh. That's because booze is currently legal and pot currently is not (in the U.S.). If pot were legal, there would be more high people around and more people dying because of them. Personally, I think pot is more deadly because a couple good hits off of a join feels like you just instantly had like 15 beers, except without the sick feeling. Basically, you can get really high a lot easier and faster than you can get really drunk (in my opinion, at least).

I bet Neobond would reply to this thread, but right now he's too high to find his keyboard.

;)  :p  :laugh:

586760568[/snapback]

Alcohol and cannabis are not comparable. When people are 'high' they are much less inclined to go around vandalising things and fighting. I am sure very few people consider trying to drive/operate heavy machinery etc etc whilst stoned. I am sure those that do also drive drunk.

Edit: Also, drunk people in a very good mood can turn nasty very quickly. Drunk = emotionally unstable. This is not so with cannabis.

I go out every Saturday night (pretty much without exception) and get legless on alcohol in nightclubs. I have NEVER been in a fight as a result of me being drunk. I think in the 2 or 3 years I've been going out clubbing I've probably seen 2 fights, so I don't know what you're basing your theory of "alcohol makes you violent" on.

Short-term use of alcohol can lead to reduced inhibitions, impaired ability to drive, walk, etc.

Alcohol sometimes leads you feeling groggy and hungover.

Long-term use can cause liver problems.

As for weed, regular use of cannabis dulls the mind of the smoker, blunts enthusiasm, takes away drive and makes the person content to sit around all day, red-eyed, but happy and hungry.

There has been research conducted to suggest that cannibis reduces sperm count and lowers testosterone levels.

Cannabis will impair a person's driving ability, even after normal social use.

Daily smoking of one joint will the volume of air that the lungs can expel after one breath. This is similar to smoking 16 tobacco cigarettes a day. Cannabis smoke appears to be more detrimental too the lungs than cigarette smoke.

Cannibis also affects emotions, memory and perception.

p.s. I hate f***ing stoners, they're the most annoying people ever.

Conclusion: I'd choose alcohol every time.

Alcohol +1

marijauana for sure  :cool: my theory is a substance that can make you throw up should not be in your system in the first place.

586760378[/snapback]

People green out all the time. On their firs time anyway, with the big bongs/toots this is, not with normal blunts.

I have to say marijuana, it's alot better. I'm not going to give reasoning why, but I can't stand alchoholics and I often can't stand being around people drinking alchohol. I'm the complete opposite of the guy who posted above (mshaw04) in the I love being around people after they've had a bit of green, but I can't stand people who drink alchohol.

+1 to marijuana for me.

Hardly none? Hardly any :p

But the vast majority of my friends smoke weed, and they have more stoner friends.... so 24/7 im with stoners, and there has NEVER been a fight because of weed

586760316[/snapback]

i've seen people argue over food, and who's turn it was with the bong... but never anything major.

586760941[/snapback]

WTF

I know so many ppl that smoke weed, and NONE of them have ever done any other drugs... simply because they dont want to become addicts. the whole gateway drug theory is total bull****.

and about your second paragraph there, i dont know wear to start. lets ban shoes cause jesus only wore sandles. Buddy remember when they seperated church from state. Neither do i, CAUSE YOUR ****ING COUNTRY IS RUN LIKE A MOTHER ****ING CHRISTIAN CULT!!!!

the whole gateway drug theory is total bull****.

Factually not true...

The risk of using cocaine use after using marijuana has been estimated to be more than 104 times greater than those who have not tried marijuana.

Alcohol and cannabis are not comparable. When people are 'high' they are much less inclined to go around vandalising things and fighting. I am sure very few people consider trying to drive/operate heavy machinery etc etc whilst stoned. I am sure those that do also drive drunk.

A large percentage of those arrested for crimes test positive for marijuana. Nationwide, 40 percent of adult males tested positive for marijuana at the time of their arrest.

In the immortal words of Bill Hicks in ref to marijuana: "Isnt making nature illegal unnatural?. It's like saying God made a mistake."

Goverments should never get involved in the legalization of morality. It simply never works. (oops, got off on a rant)

Factually not true...

The risk of using cocaine use after using marijuana has been estimated to be more than 104 times greater than those who have not tried marijuana.

586763003[/snapback]

hum ...gateway drug, ok so how many people got there first drink from there dads refrigerator and how many got their first high from their dads stash. if you ask me, alcohol is far easier to get the first time. so should it not be the gateway drug.

A large percentage of those arrested for crimes test positive for marijuana. Nationwide, 40 percent of adult males tested positive for marijuana at the time of their arrest.

586763021[/snapback]

thats because they smoked it a month or more ago, not cause they were high at the time. :p i bet they had alcohol in their system.

i do neither any longer ...but i did enjoy cannibis a lot more than alcohol. now like many my drug of choice is caffeine.

Edited by IGuaNAdoN

My opinion although no one will really care about it, is that marajuana is bad. If you look at my past posts you will notice that i used to be all for it, but since giving up i see now just what it does to you.

Beer is better for you in moderation.

hum ...gateway drug, ok so how many people got there first drink from there dads refrigerator and how many got their first high from their dads stash. if you ask me, alcohol is far easier to get the first time. so should it not be the gateway drug.

First, I don't have any statistics on where people get their stuff from. It really is not relevent when discussing whether or not it is a gateway drug. Also, comparing marijuana to alchohol availability is not relevent to whether or not marijuana is a gateway drug. When discussing whether or not marijuana is a gateway drug should not have alchohol in the arguement.

thats because they smoked it a month or more ago, not cause they were high at the time. tongue.gif i bet they had alcohol in their system.

You may be correct about the alchohol, but it does not change the original fact. FYI, TCH stays in your blood from somewhere between 7 and 65 days.

ha are you serious?

thats like saying would you rather fall off a 30 story building or a 29 story cause the 29 is closer to the ground.

586760278[/snapback]

You're choosing which ones legal. No pressure on you to do anything.

And Worst. Analogy. Ever. :pinch:

I dont think marijuana has directly killed anyone. Whereas I can think of a few (and they are few) cases of alcohol poisoning causing death. (Kids dont toy with everclear).

Edit:

I dont think any of the effects of marijuana have been studied enough to conclude that it emasculates you. Sounds like DEA FUD to me.

You'd have to be pretty chronic (wake and bake, nooner, afternoon delight, evening steaming, night, and pre-sleep 24/7) for it to make a signifigant impact on testosterone I'd imagine. I mean I'm still doing fine.

I think the bottom line is moderation.

I prefer my manhood to be in good shape, than to be limp.

Are you seriously saying you prefer alcohol because you don't want to be limp.....have you ever actually had any alcohol, its the ultimate party pooper.

but you can recover completely from alcohol

A. Too much alcohol can kill you on the spot, its poison

B. Alcohol slowly destroys your liver

Clearing up misconceptions:

+125 years ago, 80% of the United States economy was based on Hemp

+Books, (including Bibles), money and newspapers all over the world have been mainly printed on CANNABIS/HEMP for as long as these things have existed in human history.

+Before it was illegal, almost all rope, twine, cordage, ship sails, canvas, fiber, cloth, etc., was made out of CANNABIS/HEMP fiber! It was replaced by DuPont's newly discovered petrochemical fiber (nylon) beginning in 1937. DuPont was associated with the drug czar at that time who made marijuana illegal...ie:corruption for profit

By comparison, CANNABIS/HEMP is 4 times softer than cotton, 4 times warmer, 4 times more water absorbent, has 3 times the strength of cotton, is many times more durable, is flame retardant, and doesn't use pesticides. Fifty percent of all pesticides are used on cotton, yet cotton uses only 1 percent of the farmland in the U.S! CANNABIS/HEMP/MARIJUANA is the most health giving plant on Earth and it doesn't require pesticides or herbicides

+As a medicine, the worldwide use of CANNABIS/HEMP/MARIJUANA goes back at least 6,000 years. It has been found to be healthy and effective in the treatment of chronic pain, cancer, strokes, glaucoma, multiple sclerosis, sickle cell anemia, AIDS wasting and many other illnesses, including simple nausea, appetite stimulant, anxiety and muscle pains, etc.

+It is a myth that marijuana decreases testosterone and semen count

+It is argued that Jesus was in fact a preacher who taught enlightenment through entheogen or pyschotropic plants/substances

+In the Old Testament "Strong Wine" was a drink mentioned many times. This was wine with herbal additives (opium, cannabis, datura, mandrake, etc...)

+The marijuana plant is one of the safest and most useful plants in nature.

-It can be grown anywhere....from the Equator to the Arctic Circle and to the Antarctic Circle

-the healthiest plant for the ground out of the 300,000 known species, and the millions and millions of subspecies, of plants on Earth, because it has a root system that grows 10 to 12 inches in 30 days compared to one inch for rye, barley grass, etc. The roots penetrate up to 6 feet deep, pulverizing the soil and making it arable. After harvest it leaves a root system that is mulched into the ground, revitalizing the land and making it live once again. It is the KING KONG of the King Kongs of all plant life.

+Since September 11, 2001, the U.S. government has been labelling marijuana users "terrorists"

+It is impossible to overdose with marijuana...I think you literally have to smoke double your body weight (a normal smoke session is 1gram, where the normal person weighs 65000grams) (28 grams of marijuana can cost upwards of 300USD$)

+The amount of carcinogens in marijuana are less than cigarrettes. Marijuana does not have rat poison or radiation and there are no reported cases where ONLY marijuana use lead to lung cancer. A joint or blunt produces the most tar during a smoke and may produce up to 4x as much tar as a cigarrette BUT there are no harmful chemicals, and many people smoke packs and packs of cigarrettes a day as a opposed to only 1 or 2 joints.

----------------------------

For all the people who put faith in the bible, I leave you with a quote:

God said, "Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed which is upon the face of all the earth.?To you it will be for meat." ? And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. (Genesis 1:29-3"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times, some shall ? speak lies in hypocrisy ? commanding to abstain from meats which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.uth. (Paul: 1 Timothy 4:1-3)