------------------------------------------------------------------

1st-gen

Tier 1 (14/12/2005)

2nd-gen

Tier 1 (18/12/2005)

Tier 2 (6/1/2006)

1st-gen Tier 1 invites are the "official Microsoft 1st gen invites", which give Connect access, and come with 2+3 (or 5, depending on when you accepted the invite) 2nd-gen Tier 1 invitations. In total, a 1st-gen Tier 1 invitee should have had 15 invites to give out.

2nd-gen Tier 1 invitees were people who were given invites by 1st-gen Tier 1 people between the 18th Dec and 6th Jan, and now all have 5 2nd-gen Tier 2 invites to give out. These people don't have Connect access, though. All unsent 2G T1 invitations as of 6/1/2006 become 2G T2 invitations.

2nd-gen Tier 2 invitees were people who were given invites on the 6/1/2006, and they have no invites to give out, so far. These people don't have Connect access either. If you were invited after the 6th of January 2006, you received a 2G T2 invitation.

I just signed up after Microsoft invited me to test this. I have no invitations that I can give right now. Anyone know when they will be me some?

can all those annoying ads be removed with apatch in WLM/messenger 8? or is there anothor solution such as apatch to remove ads for WLM8 ?

edit: also, where am I supposed to get the invite so I can send out? by logging in to ideas.live.com ?

• Like 1

can all those annoying ads be removed with apatch in WLM/messenger 8? or is there anothor solution such as apatch to remove ads for WLM8 ?

edit: also, where am I supposed to get the invite so I can send out? by logging in to ideas.live.com ?

http://apatch.tk i think

Anyone got sharing to work?

#1 current reported bug. If you let it create a sharing folder they won't get the download link. Don't create the folder and you will be fine.

hey guys i just encounter a verry strance and possbile bug

i loged in to my windows live messenger today as usual and for some reason it cam up with "you have currently no contact's on your messenger)

where as it should show over 500 contacts there just not there and ideas how i can fix this problem , and also , any one know what the url is for submitting bug reports

Computer and Messenger info

Windows Live Messenger Version 8.0

Windows Live Messenger Build 0365

Windows Operatign System XP

so far i have tryed

1. restarting Messenger

2. re-installing Messenger

3. Uninstalling , Cleaning the registory and all files on my computer i could find and re-installing Messenger

3. cheking the host file for invalid entrys (there wher none)

but still no luck

[edit]

just had a though, it could also be my computer messing up so in that case does any one know either

1. where the messenger contact list is stored (if its stored locally)

2. how to reset messenger so that it re-download the list from the messenger server's

[/edit]

reguards

Lee

nope its just with Live Messenger at the moment

im just about to format my computer to see if it is indeed my computer causing the error so ill post on what happend when i get back lol

just had a though, it could also be my computer messing up so in that case does any one know either

1. where the messenger contact list is stored (if its stored locally)

Hey,

Just got in on the action here on Saturday, I noticed the problem with the contacts not appearing, and after a bit of digging around located:

C:\Documents and Settings\[networklogin]\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger\[passport_email]\Contacts

You'll have two folders in here - one with your messenger login, eg adaytay@hotmail.com (that's mine), and the other will be adaytay@hotmail.com.shadow.

Now my contact list came back by rebooting the machine, but that of course might not work for everyone!!

HTH,

Ad.

PS - couldn't find the proper thread for this, but got a few invites available, PM with ur email address and I'll send you an invite tonight (around 9pm GMT), first come first served, sorry.

Hey,

Just got in on the action here on Saturday, I noticed the problem with the contacts not appearing, and after a bit of digging around located:

C:\Documents and Settings\[networklogin]\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger\[passport_email]\Contacts

You'll have two folders in here - one with your messenger login, eg adaytay@hotmail.com (that's mine), and the other will be adaytay@hotmail.com.shadow.

Now my contact list came back by rebooting the machine, but that of course might not work for everyone!!

HTH,

Ad.

PS - couldn't find the proper thread for this, but got a few invites available, PM with ur email address and I'll send you an invite tonight (around 9pm GMT), first come first served, sorry.

The official Connect bug report for that is here:

https://connect.microsoft.com/feedback/View...eedbackID=34723

thanx for the help guys , tuend out my computer needid a good format lamo (usually always the case)

ne way its all working once again :D

reguards

Lee

thanx for the help guys , tuend out my computer needid a good format lamo (usually always the case)

ne way its all working once again :D

The official Connect bug report for that is here:

https://connect.microsoft.com/feedback/View...eedbackID=34723

lol when i try and get to that page it comes with "the page you requested is either unavalible or you dont have permission lamo , yet i am beta testing the product and im signed up on ms connect site also :| wered

reguards

Lee

Sorry, but I'm really not that impressed with the Beta at all!

To me it just seems a whole lot more bloated and hard to navigate than 7.5.

Granted, it has a couple of cool new features, but I'd be grateful if someone could point out to me what's supposed to be so good about it... :unsure:

Windows Live Mail is ok. However I have only tried it out for a short period of time becuase I have not receivbed an invite. I don't like the extra BETA News tab, that is annoying and I would rather not have that on my daily mail box.