• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Official Windows Messenger Live BETA Thread

Sonic2k    0

can a mod please sticky the thread thanks

Neil    3

That sucks, I never had any invities.

cpu121    0

I've just received an invite for WLM beta, however the link in email takes me to a page where it says "Now all you need to do is download and sign in." However the button that I'm guessing is supposed to be the link to download WLM doesn't work (just plain text, no hyperlink to anywhere). I've downloaded WLM from the main Ideas page, but how do I go about reporting this site issue to MS as there doesn't appear to be any Contact Us links/bug reports (Bug reports are sent from within WLM I guess?)

Secondly, does installing WLM affect MSN Messenger - since only my passport account is signed up for WLM, it means other members of the family can't use WLM, and therefore they'll want to be able to continue using WLM anyway?

EDIT: Found answer to 2nd question.

Edited by cpu121

Ivan_B    0

That sucks, I never had any invities.

And you are not going to any time soon. Let's get it straight:

1st Gen WLmers: Official BETA Testers

2st Gen WLMers: Friends of those 1st Gen WLMers.

Those Second Generation WLMers won't get any invites, only the Official Beta Testers.

Staind    0

Anyone else having a problem with Apatch?

I had this problem. I guess it's because I auto updated to the newest version instead of a fresh install before I apply the patch.

Can those non beta testers see my meego DP?

EDIT: No use even if I reinstall the latest version.

Edited by Staind

Venkat2cool    0

Hey guys....

You dont need an invite to use Windows Live Mail Beta. I found a crack/cheat method to it.

1. Log in to your hotmail account.

2. Right-click on the following link and select Properties:

http://by101fd.bay101.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-...20030b2b6bb98c8

3. Copy the complete text in the "Address (URL)" field. Please note that the URL is very long. You may have to drag the text to select the complete URL.

4. Paste the copied URL in the addess bar of the same window where hotmail is open and press ENTER.

5. Thats it!!! You are ready to test "Windows Live Mail Beta"

Cheers!

Venkat

Zionyx    0

You know, it would be really funny if that link above was the link to leave the beta or something. As it happens, I belive that it is, in fact, real. But I'm not really sure... gmail user after all.

Chewbob    0

I'm a bit confused about something. Last night a member of the beta invited me to join, and I accepted. However, this morning I received an e-mail from Microsoft, also inviting me to the beta. Is this something that happens after joining or is this a second invitation? When I click the link in the e-mail it says that I'm already joined up, so would I be able to use this invitation on a different passport account?

gaurav    3

Hey guys....

You dont need an invite to use Windows Live Mail Beta. I found a crack/cheat method to it.

1. Log in to your hotmail account.

2. Right-click on the following link and select Properties:

http://by101fd.bay101.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-...20030b2b6bb98c8

3. Copy the complete text in the "Address (URL)" field. Please note that the URL is very long. You may have to drag the text to select the complete URL.

4. Paste the copied URL in the addess bar of the same window where hotmail is open and press ENTER.

5. Thats it!!! You are ready to test "Windows Live Mail Beta"

Cheers!

Venkat

doesnt do nothing. :pinch:

Zionyx    0
I'm a bit confused about something. Last night a member of the beta invited me to join, and I accepted. However, this morning I received an e-mail from Microsoft, also inviting me to the beta. Is this something that happens after joining or is this a second invitation? When I click the link in the e-mail it says that I'm already joined up, so would I be able to use this invitation on a different passport account?

Ok, ok, be VERY careful here.

The invitation from Microsoft can be used ONCE. This will give you access to the beta section on Connect, newsgroups, beta chat, etc etc. This is a lot more 'special' than the user-invitations.

The user-invitation will give you access to use the beta, thats about it. The advantage of this is that it can be re-used - if you go to ideas.live.com, choose 'Leave this beta', you can then re-use the invitation code. If you've got a second account, might be a good place to use it. Or send it to a friend.

Be careful about what you do, I got caught out here.

LG1    3

that link only moves you to bay 101 temp but when you log back in your in your old bay, so in effect it does nothing

Chewbob    0

Ok, ok, be VERY careful here.

The invitation from Microsoft can be used ONCE. This will give you access to the beta section on Connect, newsgroups, beta chat, etc etc. This is a lot more 'special' than the user-invitations.

The user-invitation will give you access to use the beta, thats about it. The advantage of this is that it can be re-used - if you go to ideas.live.com, choose 'Leave this beta', you can then re-use the invitation code. If you've got a second account, might be a good place to use it. Or send it to a friend.

Be careful about what you do, I got caught out here.

After using the Microsoft invitation, if you leave the beta can the invitation code be used again? I used the invitation on another account of mine but I'd much rather use it on my main account. So in a way, I'm asking if it's possible to 'swap' the invitations around by leaving the beta on both accounts, and then rejoining it by using the same invitations but on different accounts? Hope that makes sense.

Edit: Never mind, noticed that you said the Microsoft invitation can be used once. Oh well :p

Edited by Chewbob

Staind    0

I think I've solved the "wrong windows image" problem, just replace the file with the a-patch backup for it and it's done. The messenger will be patched and no error so far.

illicit    0

Yeah, same for me... :p

Hankyone    0

---------------------------

Messenger BETA

The passport ID used to sign in is not allowed access to this Beta version of Messenger. 810003cc

OK Help

WHAT THE ****!!! :|

Slimy    14

^ Make sure you have the latest build (.365 i believe) and that you are using the account that was accepted into the beta.

Hankyone    0

^ Make sure you have the latest build (.365 i believe) and that you are using the account that was accepted into the beta.

i do have the lastest build and i only have one msn account

this really sux, i'm going to fill a report

Slimy    14

i do have the lastest build and i only have one msn account

this really sux, i'm going to fill a report

Good luck with that, it has been disabled due to the amount of reports :/

ghoul2oo3    1

Messenger BETA

The passport ID used to sign in is not allowed access to this Beta version of Messenger. 810003cc

OK Help

WHAT THE ****!!! :|

I just got the same message, even tho I got accepted into the beta and have been using it since December. :wacko:

revolten    0

It works with IE

+Leddy    6

After using the Microsoft invitation, if you leave the beta can the invitation code be used again? I used the invitation on another account of mine but I'd much rather use it on my main account. So in a way, I'm asking if it's possible to 'swap' the invitations around by leaving the beta on both accounts, and then rejoining it by using the same invitations but on different accounts? Hope that makes sense.

Edit: Never mind, noticed that you said the Microsoft invitation can be used once. Oh well :p

It doesn't work that way. The Microsoft invites are indeed "special"- you can "swap" them around, but NOTHING- repeat NOTHING will give you access to Connect again if you leave the program in Connect.

You can use your first-gen invite as a second-gen invite if you change it around.

Sonic2k    0

guys id be careful withat mail link once u opt-out and ur also in anyother live betas ull also be opted out of them too as i found out

LG1    3

I can't opt out of live mail, but i don't see the new interface or 2GB and im an offical tester, that live mail link works for my bro but not for me, ow well. Back to pestering Microsoft to get it fixed

HoochieMamma    765

You NEED to use IE for it :(

Sonic2k    0

@LG1 iuse that link posted in this thread and joined the mail beta and i opted out of mail beta and now ive also been opted out of wlm beta at the ideas bit not connect ive email ms about it as well