Official Windows Messenger Live BETA Thread

I was sent another invite, this time from Microsoft directly. Is there any difference at all in what you get with the two different invites? I was added originally by another member and then just today by Microsoft. It gave me a link and said I can also go the the ideas.live.com site to download it. I've alread been able to download. So I was just wondering if you truely get more with the one that comes directly from them. I also, including that one, have two sitting in my inbox now that I haven't used. Can you forward them to others?

I got one of those two, and I don't see any difference.

Is there any possible way to forward one? Someone from here sent me one late late night (aqua_silmaril, thanks whoever you are :) ), but I had already long since activated that email. I feel bad becasue that could go to somone who needs it.

I was sent another invite, this time from Microsoft directly. Is there any difference at all in what you get with the two different invites? I was added originally by another member and then just today by Microsoft. It gave me a link and said I can also go the the ideas.live.com site to download it. I've alread been able to download. So I was just wondering if you truely get more with the one that comes directly from them. I also, including that one, have two sitting in my inbox now that I haven't used. Can you forward them to others?

If you were invited by MS I would use that one as it allows you access to the newsgroups and easier ways to provide feedback.

Being a first gen tester is the way to go. Unless you don't actually want to beta test wlm and just want to use it.

AFAIK, no. Just be ready to sign up for the next wlm beta, next time :p

Ah well, it was worth a shot. :( I was hoping to give one to my gf.

And just where are we supposed to watch for this opportunity besides the Live webpage?

It isn't fair at all:(

I did not received one either..

this is a part of the program of messenger live i beleive.. wich i have on my connect page..

Welcome to the MSN Customer Experience Validation Program (?CEV Program?) and Windows Live Beta Recruitment Program

We will contact you as soon as a new beta is available in your country. Thank you for your patience!

and i have one for the netherlands AND one for Spain/US.

so.....

could someone send me a invite to this email address...

martijn[at]wagena[dot]com

some people are getting multiple invites, and some are not getting any :cry: , its just not fair :crazy:

Fair? To you? No.

But is it fair to tried and true members to be overlooked for you? No. :no:

Personaly I think the invites are mostly all gone. Nobody is still saying that they have any, so my guess is that all of them are used up since all of the second gen people don't get any to give.

Where do you see when you have invites?

I heard this on other forums too... and they replied you had to go to ideas[dot]live[dot]com, sign in (Beta-users can sign in here) and then see if there's a message "Invite x friends to Windows Live Messenger" or something like that... ;)

Well, that's what I understood... :wacko: