Official Windows Messenger Live BETA Thread

I received the mail too ,and the link bring me to windows live Ideas

but the link slow for download :angry:

well you are in!!!!

but where you will get the download is not a Microsoft problem :whistle: :whistle: :laugh:

Just downloaded it... (I got the e-mail :laugh:)

I hope I get at least one invitation so I can invite myself because most of my active contacts are on another passport acount that I have... dumb thing to register to a beta with old passport... :shiftyninja:

gmail and other email programs are blocking the 'graphic' and 'link'...either set your email to veiw 'inline' graphics...or right click and view source...the link will look something like:

http://ideas.live.com/AcceptInvitation.asp...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Ah thank you :)

Just downloaded it... (I got the e-mail :laugh:)

I hope I get at least one invitation so I can invite myself because most of my active contacts are on another passport acount that I have... dumb thing to register to a beta with old passport... :shiftyninja:

Same here :/

when i sign into ideas.live.com everything is in french, wtf

any canadians get the email from microsoft yet? i haven't

I'm from Canada too....Same thing here, sign in to idea.live.com and everythings french...

Haven't gotten an email yet...

I'm from Canada too....Same thing here, sign in to idea.live.com and everythings french...

Another Canadian that hasn't gotten an email yet. Maybe it'll be sitting in my inbox when I wake up.

Same for me, so i guess we all speak French here, according to Microsoft. I have gotten the invitation but i have yet to receive any download information at all, anyone else in this boat?

well i downloaded the beta ok im wondering if i can have msn 7,5 and wlm installed both because i would test wlm but other people that use this pc need to access their msn messenger so it wlm replace it they cant use msn anymore. that would be a big problem

Same for me, so i guess we all speak French here, according to Microsoft. I have gotten the invitation but i have yet to receive any download information at all, anyone else in this boat?

lmao, exact same deal here guys. My Live portal after login is entirely in French. I've tried the .365 build with my passport and I receive the 'not authorized' error message.

My guess would be a wider release mid-tomorrow morning Seattle time. Looks like that button you get in the email authorizes your passport to use the v.13 protocol and login with .365

well i downloaded the beta ok im wondering if i can have msn 7,5 and wlm installed both because i would test wlm but other people that use this pc need to access their msn messenger so it wlm replace it they cant use msn anymore. that would be a big problem

Then its gonna be a big problem...because beta 8.0.0365 will overwrite 7.5...however if the others logon with a different username and password....they should be alright....but its your call.

lmao, exact same deal here guys. My Live portal after login is entirely in French. I've tried the .365 build with my passport and I receive the 'not authorized' error message.

My guess would be a wider release mid-tomorrow morning Seattle time. Looks like that button you get in the email authorizes your passport to use the v.13 protocol and login with .365

I am also from Canada. Here is an announcement from microsoft.beta.messenger.announcements:

Canadian beta testers!

We have a bug in ideas.live.com that will make it so all you will see is

French text when you go to the site. We are fixing the bug right now and

hope to have ready sometime tomorrow. In the meantime we are going to hold

off sending you the download/authorization link. I know this will disapoint

all of you who are following the newsgroups and wouldn't mind wading your

way through the French text. But there are hundreds of you who are not on

the newsgroups yet who will be suprised by this poor experience. Thanks for

your patience!

I don't know why you guys are having so many problems... :p

Does anyone else find this new version UGLY??? :wacko: I'm sorry; I ususally like the new versions of MSN Messenger. But this one has taken a definite turn away from where they were headed...

First Invations wont be out till next week probably... secondly if people go into the newsgroups for the beta there are download links in there for you all.. if u dont know how to get the newsgroups goto http://connect.microsoft.com and go to the WLM 8 Page and click community... and follow steps there...

Hope this helps people...

Jonny

Same here :( I got the invatation email and signed up but havent heard a word since...maybe they dont like us Canucks ??.

-Romeo

check the beta newsgroups, you'd see an explaination there ;)

Canadian Beta Testers!

We have a bug in ideas.live.com that will make it so all you will see is

French text when you go to the site. We are fixing the bug right now and

hope to have ready sometime tomorrow. In the meantime we are going to hold

off sending you the download/authorization link. I know this will disapoint

all of you who are following the newsgroups and wouldn't mind wading your

way through the French text. But there are hundreds of you who are not on

the newsgroups yet who will be suprised by this poor experience. Thanks for

your patience!

This was also posted before in this thread, and is on the main neowin news cms.