Official Windows Messenger Live BETA Thread

well im trying this beta its good it got finally offline msg like icq and yahoo messenger.

Too bad that from msn 7.5 users cant send me a offline msg =/ cant try that option

Msgplus dont work neither well lets see what its the new, the gui itself its very bloated easily fixed with a-patch, i got no problems so far everything work.

well i downloaded the beta ok im wondering if i can have msn 7,5 and wlm installed both because i would test wlm but other people that use this pc need to access their msn messenger so it wlm replace it they cant use msn anymore. that would be a big problem

Also ? you may want to give invites to people who share your computer, as you won?t be able to have Windows Live Messenger and MSN Messenger installed on the same machine

Source: Inside Windows Live Messenger

well i downloaded the beta ok im wondering if i can have msn 7,5 and wlm installed both because i would test wlm but other people that use this pc need to access their msn messenger so it wlm replace it they cant use msn anymore. that would be a big problem

well before u install WLMsngr beta, make a backup copy of yur current MSN7.5 folder..

so that u'll get two seperate folders each for MSN7.5 and WLMsngr beta afterwards..

this is just my suggestion.. as it works for me when i try it for MSN6 and msn7.5

btw.. i've been invited to Windows Live Mail but no word yet regarding WL Msngr..

and it shud be a bonus for me then, if I got invited for both of these beta

cause they are closely connected.. :cool:

i cant sign in either... Got the email, activated ok, but its telling me that my login is not allowed access to this beta.

Gah and damn.

Finally got it to work, silly microsoft. Not sure if this is just Gmail, but i just right clicked-->view source and it was the link that started with

http://ideas.live.com/AcceptInvitation.aspx

and just paste into browser.

Trickiest beta to get hold of for a while ;)

Why does microsoft think that all of our canadians speak french as their first language?

I can't even navigate ideas.live.com because it is all in fr-ca for me!!

It's a bug, and it's the reason why Canadian users haven't been sent out the download emails yet. The page was english for me all day yesterday though(and still is), and I'm in Canada. I find that a bit weird.

Finally got it to work, silly microsoft. Not sure if this is just Gmail, but i just right clicked-->view source and it was the link that started with

http://ideas.live.com/AcceptInvitation.aspx

and just paste into browser.

Trickiest beta to get hold of for a while ;)

Uhh, did you view it in Firefox?

For some reason those links will only appear hyperlinked in IE. :huh:

In connect it says under my participation windows live 8, does this mean im part of the beta? (next step is blank) or do i need to do more, cuz I seem to be the only person who did not get an e-mail yet