Official Windows Messenger Live BETA Thread

Is it just me or my beta didn't came with invitations to send out. Try using Help -> Beta Invitations. Let me know if you get the same message saying that you already used all of your invites.

mines says "Hmm, I think you have a bad URL. Can you go back and check it and try again? "

I got my download email, but I dont hv a download link showing up on ideas.live.com or connect.microsoft.com

where is the download????

Thats true, i got the invitation, the download now button is visible but it doesnt link to anywhere, that might be because i got the invitation sent to my gmail account!.

Ok, for people having problems with gmail, it works when you view the source.

the problem for me is now that even though i got the invitation and downloaded it and installed, it still wont let me sign in and says that i dont have access to the beta !!!!!!!!.

weired.

Some random bugs I am experiencing, using feedback on Connect to report them. I have a n00b doubt about using Outlook express in newsgroup. If I want to reply to somebody's post, what do I select ? reply or reply to entire group ?

It feels it is going to email of the person when I do just "Reply" and if I select Reply to group then it asks me for confirmation "Do you want to reply to entire group ?"...kind of confusing!

why are you not installing it? I do not think Microsoft asked you to beta test but you applied. So it is your duty to install it. If you choose not to, please decline your beta and give it to someone else to test.

Have any Canadians recieved the download link message?

nope, no email. however I notice the ideas.live.com site is still french, so obviously they haven't fixed the problem yet.

Using GMail, and I Enabled pictures and links. This is just crazay. :wacko:

you have to view the source >frame>view frame source

scroll down and you will see the link don't copy the js in the link.

What are we supposed to do if we received the e-mail download message. But there is no link to the download?

Well if you can't click on the download link, then look at the source of the email, and copy and paste the link into a new window :)

"http://ideas.live.com/AcceptInvitation.aspx?E911D8F6B550EC8XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" ...good tip. look for that in the source code people if you're using Gmail and it's not working.

View Source --> and look for that line --> Copy, paste and you're good to go :)

Don't forget if you are using Firefox, to right click on the e-mail being displayed and then view source. Don't go to View>Page source from the menu.

for the people who can not see the download link u must either disable any adblocker even if u have nis installed disable the adblocker & youll see the link running messenger 8.0 & it rocks