Official Windows Messenger Live BETA Thread

I take it then, that even if you have been accepted into windows live mail, and receive the message "We will contact you as soon as a new beta is available in your country. Thank you for your patience!", that it doesnt mean you will definately get in to windows live messenger beta? ah well

I still waiting for the Download E-Mail...

But a big lol at the Frechie bug :p

(Quoi que je m'en fou personellement... :D)

I'm bilingual, so It doesn't matter to me ... But I'd like an activation so I can start posting some feedback :D !

Guys, can anyone leak it please?

so that non-testers can use it.

thank you.

It pretty much is already leaked, just you won't be able to logon to it ...

Anyways, any Canadian got a download link yet ? I can't even get the newsgroups and my participation supposedly is "active" according to Connect ... :p

Finally got it to work, silly microsoft. Not sure if this is just Gmail, but i just right clicked-->view source and it was the link that started with

http://ideas.live.com/AcceptInvitation.aspx

and just paste into browser.

Trickiest beta to get hold of for a while ;)

GMail sucks so bad sometimes. Especially with any type of forms or CSS.

Anyway - the interface is def going to take some getting used to, but the colors - man, they really need to work on that. Especially the header of the buddy list. See attached image.

post-35032-1134597059.jpg

I'm bilingual, so It doesn't matter to me ... But I'd like an activation so I can start posting some feedback :D !

It pretty much is already leaked, just you won't be able to logon to it ...

Anyways, any Canadian got a download link yet ? I can't even get the newsgroups and my participation supposedly is "active" according to Connect ... :p

Same thing for me

I am also from Canada. Here is an announcement from microsoft.beta.messenger.announcements:

Canadian beta testers!

We have a bug in ideas.live.com that will make it so all you will see is

French text when you go to the site. We are fixing the bug right now and

hope to have ready sometime tomorrow. In the meantime we are going to hold

off sending you the download/authorization link. I know this will disapoint

all of you who are following the newsgroups and wouldn't mind wading your

way through the French text. But there are hundreds of you who are not on

the newsgroups yet who will be suprised by this poor experience. Thanks for

your patience!

Thanks. :)

I take it then, that even if you have been accepted into windows live mail, and receive the message "We will contact you as soon as a new beta is available in your country. Thank you for your patience!", that it doesnt mean you will definately get in to windows live messenger beta? ah well

I think all Windows Live beta testers got that, regardless if they're in Mail, Messenger or whatever else there is.

I hope it doesn't take them long to fix the freaking website, i couldn't care less about the site!

Yeah i know what you mean, i never use any of the msn crap, i only use messenger. I dont even use their hotmail email anymore.

I'm in canada and connect says "active" but there in no download link... hmm :cry:

ROFL ROFL ROFL

this has been covered a lot already download will come in an email NOT on connect.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

this has been covered a lot already download will come in an email NOT on connect.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

I just got home jackass, what a useless post... throw your head into the wall

Yeah i know what you mean, i never use any of the msn crap, i only use messenger. I dont even use their hotmail email anymore.

No no, they are talkign about the ideas.live.com site. I say give us access to the beta and THEN fix the french language problem on the site.

i think canada should physically detach from USA because of this! We dont want to be called north "americans" anymore!

Everyone take your pet beavers and slead dogs to PULL canada away!!!!!

And if that doesnt work we'll retreat to our igloos!

ONWARD!

:p

Edited by Sumeet

ROFL ROFL ROFL

I just got home jackass, what a useless post... throw your head into the wall

:no: :no: :no: :no: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

u r horrible :laugh: :laugh:

read previous posts before u post :cool:

Yesterday I wasn't able to sign up to the newsgroups, so I just did it.

When I set a password, is it normal that I can create another by re-loading the page?

YES. I tried the same thing.

No no, they are talkign about the ideas.live.com site. I say give us access to the beta and THEN fix the french language problem on the site.

I cannot agree with you more! (Y)