[Year 12] A-Level

Its been along time since the GCSE thread, and im just wondering how you guys are doing? I have had one exam so far, and thats been in Music Technology. I have 2 more coming up mid Jan, Computer Science and Media Studies :)

Yep ive got 2 as exams in Jan.

Friday 13th(great day) - Computing

Monday 16th - Electronics

Saxondale what board are you with for computing? im WJEC

You have the welsh board :p Mine is also on the 13th, but with AQA

Its been along time since the GCSE thread, and im just wondering how you guys are doing? I have had one exam so far, and thats been in Music Technology. I have 2 more coming up mid Jan, Computer Science and Media Studies :)

I was just going to start a thread on A-Levels, as a sequal to my GCSE one :p!

I have a Physics exam in January, as well as General Studies. I dont care about General Studies as well we do is have a laugh (I dont think we have actually learnt anything :pinch:), but I do about Physics, so im going to start revising for that as soon as I go back to college in January.

I'm currently studying AS Level physics at sixth form and got my dreaded exam in January! I hate the crappy thing, don't know why I chose it :angry: ! Anybody got any ideas where I can get some past papers online? In particular for the OCR Specification A syllabus?

Thanks

I've got AS general studies on January 13th, my chemistry teacher mocks people who do Media Studies all you do is write essays on Emerdale and how it affects modern day life :rofl:

my chemistry teacher mocks people who do Media Studies all you do is write essays on Emerdale and how it affects modern day life :rofl:

Yeah, all teachers do that. My Physics teacher used to refer to Maths as "Sums" lol

Good luck in your exams guys and don't forget, revision really does pay off. Do loads of past exam papers, they are the best way to revise. Hopefully your teachers aren't annoying like mine were and give you the papers without the answers...

I'm currently studying AS Level physics at sixth form and got my dreaded exam in January! I hate the crappy thing, don't know why I chose it :angry: ! Anybody got any ideas where I can get some past papers online? In particular for the OCR Specification A syllabus?

Thanks

I believe that these are obtainable off the OCR website.

I'm doing AS (and continuing to A2):

Chemistry (easy! jan first test)

Physics (ahh, god damn hard)

Product Design

Geography (we get to go to morrocow for 8 days! woohoo! through the sahara on camels!)

All the tests are in July cept the one chemistry one, I prefer it that way, I often find you understand stuff better when you've done as much of the sylabus as possible, as things often relate back and it's like a sorta revision. :)

Doing GCE Applied ICT (double award), AS Business Studies, AS Chemistry (only cos I have to pick an extra subject and it's too late to drop it, even though I asked before the deadline and she said I should stick with it - no way I'm continuing this next year).

Unfortunately I'm not doing too good :( My MAG (minimum acceptable grade) is a B/C but I'm working at D/E's :( Hopefully I won't get kicked out but it's looking quite likely as I just haven't been bothering with the assignments :'(

Yeah, all teachers do that. My Physics teacher used to refer to Maths as "Sums" lol

Good luck in your exams guys and don't forget, revision really does pay off. Do loads of past exam papers, they are the best way to revise. Hopefully your teachers aren't annoying like mine were and give you the papers without the answers...

lol bob, u didn't revise to the last minute :-) You still did better than me though...

I have 2 Exams in January

Geography and Maths!

Geo - Friday 13th!

Maths - Monday 16th

When is everyone going to start revising? I think I will start my revision when I go back to college (4th), but I bet I dont :p. I know people that are revising for the tests now though, but its Christmas!

lol bob, u didn't revise to the last minute :-) You still did better than me though...

Lol, long time since I have seen you post here Knight :D I know I don't practice what I preach rofl But I do know that I would have done better if I actually did revise before the last minute.

I've got 3 exams in January.. :(

Maths (A-Level)

Further Maths (AS-Level, because I didn't take it last year)

Accounts (A-Level, why? :pinch: )

I also do Computing (A-Level, WJEC not AQA), but they're in June.. :p

At least I don't do Physics anymore.. :)

When is everyone going to start revising? I think I will start my revision when I go back to college (4th), but I bet I dont :p. I know people that are revising for the tests now though, but its Christmas!

I only have general studies what are we ment to revise? :laugh:

I only have general studies what are we ment to revise? :laugh:

I have general studies as well, we havent done anything in our class! We just sit there and talk about nothing useful :laugh: :laugh: