Rose Bowl 2006

USC vs. Texas  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Rose Bowl of 2006?

• University of Texas
    • University of Southern California

Lookie what happens when USC plays a real team. :)

Bush? Young is the best player in College Football.

Go Horns!

They did and it was Notre Dame and Notre Dame got shafted.

and USC technically should have won, because one of Texas' touchdowns was clearly false (the one where Young's knee was down way before he lateralled).

if im not wrong TX go an int and it was called incomplet (USC TD wouldnt have happen)

Bush? Young is the best player in College Football.

All season long I've thought Bush was the Man.

After tonight, Young may be the best college player i've ever seen.

It is one thing to dominate a game against a cupcake school. But the national championship? Never have I seen anything like what happened tonight.

screw ESPN, ABC, and the rest of the media who have been calling USC the best team ever, you is teh suck! ROFL

Well I don't think USC sucks but yeah the whole tournament against the top 10 teams of all-time that Sportscenter did was kind of premature. I mean wait to see if they win the championship first lol.

and USC technically should have won, because one of Texas' touchdowns was clearly false (the one where Young's knee was down way before he lateralled).

Yeah but they would have had first and goal from like the four anyway. Considering the game Young had I think they had a good chance of scoring a TD anyway. Don't make excuses. Like I said Carroll gave them a 60-yard field with less than two minutes and Young obviously was serious about getting vengence for the Heisman. That's why Texas won.

O and I was actually rooting for USC and I HATE Texas.

if im not wrong TX go an int and it was called incomplet (USC TD wouldnt have happen)

Well, the stupid announcer said that the "ground cant cause a fumble", but I am pretty sure the ground can cause an incomplete pass. :)

I think the call was right. The ball bounced out as soon as he hit the ground. Incomplete.

But, I disagree that the Texas TD shouldn't have counted. I mean, fine, take it back. Texas was going to score on that drive anyway. :) THERE IS NO STOPPING VINCE YOUNG!

Edited by quigley0

Yeah, the knee being down ultimately didn't matter because USC really didn't have an answer for Young, period. Carroll knew it, that's why they went for it on 4th.

wow, what a game. after being at the rose bowl last year, and watching VY barely beat my michigan team, now all you USC fans know what it's like.

now how classless was leinart? that was pretty sad IMO. lost a lot of respect there. turns out he's just a spoild rich kid after all.

and congrats on your ONE national championship USC. now back to the ranks of mediocrity you go.

It's awesome going to USC :)

I'm pretty sure going to USC would be awesome even without sports. ;)

Anyway, I missed Leinart's comments. If he did say that, that's pretty classless. It's not as though he himself lost the game, I'm not sure what he's getting so defensive about.

It sure makes you think what could have been if USC kicked a field goal instead of going for it in the first quarter, and if Bush didn't try that lateral and give away the ball on the 20 in the second.

Times like these I wish I went to a school with big-time athletics.

I go to WVU. Imagine what its like to win a bowl game? LOL :)

Congrats to Texas too. I figured Vince Young would have a coming out party tonight considering he got shafted pretty hard in the Heisman race. Glad to see him take control late in the game and end any doubt about who is the best player in college football

Awesome game. Was for Texas all the way. USC just get's under my skin, especially since the slap on the wrist they got for the ESPN promo...

Def. one of the best games I've watched.