Ashamed if your Child was gay?

Would you be ashamed if your child was gay?  

985 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be ashamed if your child was gay?

• Yes
    • No

Actually, I'll do everything I can as a parent to make him a normal hetrosexual kid because in a country like mine, he can't survive if he was homosexual. And btw, my answer is yes. I will be angry, not ashamed. My son, to grow up to be abnormal...there's really no point in having a sexual relationship with another guy. Its not normal. See, sex is beautiful...sex is intimate and its between a male and a female. To give birth to offspring...but hammering a guy....what's intimate about that??!?! Its disguisting!

A 3-legged dog is an anamoly, an exception from the general rule, however you look at it. And nature/evolution not having its own mind, well.. I have to disagree. I won't say why though.

a?nom?a?ly

1. Deviation or departure from the normal or common order, form, or rule.

2. One that is peculiar, irregular, abnormal, or difficult to classify: “Both men are anomalies: they have... likable personalities but each has made his reputation as a heavy” (David Pauly).

3. Astronomy. The angular deviation, as observed from the sun, of a planet from its perihelion.

I would not classify as a gay person as an anomaly, since this is not a small ammount of cases we are talking about: this is about 5% of the population which is a lot of people.

Is being gay genetic? Quite likely it is.

homosexuality is a fetish, id be extreemly upset if my kids were gay, i dont hate gay people, camp people are anoying in general tho.

on the same string.....how would you feel if your partner turned out to be gay????

The actual definition of fetish is:

Something, such as a material object or a nonsexual part of the body, that arouses sexual desire and may become necessary for sexual gratification.

Fetishes are social outcomes and are pretty much never related to genetics.

---

That is the point - we should not force people to pretend to be straight as it would be awful to find out that the person that you have married did not love you sexually.

Edited by Hanz

In other words a homosexual act! Are they then what you would term a heterosexual, homosexual pedophyl?

When these men were surveyed they almost exclusively reported that they had never had adult homosexual contact and still preferred heterosexual contact. The abuse with boys is typically against prepubescent boys, whose bodies are yet to develop masculine characteristics. It is much more of an opportunity for abuse than a desire to be with another male.

If engaging in an act defines your sexual orientation, then what of all the gays that had prior heterosexual contact before coming to grips with their sexuality? I suppose they are really straight? Are all those who engage in sex acts in prisons also gay?

we don't need to rely on genetics to give us an argument for gay freedom!

This is also true.

Secondly, almost nothing in religion is specifically laid out. Things must be interpreted, and that is where so many problems lie. For example, "Thou Shall Not Kill". Seems like a pretty specific rule, right? So anyone who kills anyone else, for whatever reason, is damned and going straight to hell right? What about all the soldiers who have to kill to survive in a war? Do we think of them as sinners who are against God because they broke his rules? Are we "ashamed" of them for it? What about killing someone in self-defense? What about an-eye-for-an-eye? Can I then kill in retaliation? The general rule of Thou Shall Not Kill is not applied evenly and matter-of-factly. It depends on the situation. It is a matter of interpretation.

Thats an intelligent way of thinking about this.

maybe this so called gayness is the world trying to control it's own poplulation?

Unfortunately the ammount of gay people has not been increasing in an attempt to keep the population down as far as I know. :rolleyes:

i am amazed that no is winning this poll....

More often than not. People on neowin are intelligent.

i still thinks it's weird that no is winning...in the beginning God created Adam and Eve, he did not create Adam and Billy, so that they could become gay, i am not saying that gay people are stupid, i'm just saying that if i was a parent i would be ashamed.

Oh right, you are a religous fundamentalist. But don't think I have a problem with you for that.

If a trucker tells you "It's hard to stay awake on long drives at night," would you argue against it? Of course not; not only is that statement perfectly logical, but that trucker has first-hand experience, and can produce conclusions from such experience.

Well, homosexuals have first hand experience in being homosexual, and they'll all tell you that it's not a choice.

The idea that homosexuality is not a choice is perfectly logical, too. People kill themselves because they can't accept the fact that they're gay. Society (or atleast Neowin, lol) shuns gays. To chose to be gay is to chose a life of hatred, harassment, and misunderstanding. Why would anyone chose that? No one would, and no one does. It just happens, and the best they can hope for is that other people will be able to understand.

I also agree with this, why would lots of people often very intelligent, choose to be gay if they knew they would be persecuted. Why would they lie about it?

I would also like to note just because something is genetic it does not mean it is hereditary. As this person explained here.

I have read some of these answers and skipped others..how many of you people replying have children?

And how many of you have heard of such a thing as unconditional love.

It's what you expected off your parents and what you should give to your children.

I am not naive, I have four children.

QUOTE(Sticktron)

Secondly, almost nothing in religion is specifically laid out. Things must be interpreted, and that is where so many problems lie. For example, "Thou Shall Not Kill". Seems like a pretty specific rule, right? So anyone who kills anyone else, for whatever reason, is damned and going straight to hell right? What about all the soldiers who have to kill to survive in a war? Do we think of them as sinners who are against God because they broke his rules? Are we "ashamed" of them for it? What about killing someone in self-defense? What about an-eye-for-an-eye? Can I then kill in retaliation? The general rule of Thou Shall Not Kill is not applied evenly and matter-of-factly. It depends on the situation. It is a matter of interpretation.

Firest of all you need to understand that your talking about the Old testament not the New testament. Alot of people still live and teach in the Old testament cause they don't believe in the New testament or are confused. When Jesus came and gone everything changed hence the 12 disciples to go out and teach the New testament to all nationes and later to the whole world.

I think its sickening and immoral. Being gay serves no purpose in this world and does not belong.

And what purpose to mankind do you serve ?

See that's why I hate organized religions: they produce close-minded brain-washed low-lives.

I think its sickening and immoral. Being Ignorant serves no purpose in this world and does not belong.

Something we can agree on.

I would not classify as a gay person as an anomaly, since this is not a small ammount of cases we are talking about: this is about 5% of the population which is a lot of people.

Keep your statistic to yourself. I'm talking about natual science here. Homosexuality is a deviation from the general rule. Just like being born with 6 toes, it is not a general design of a human being. No argument in your disposal can every deny this fact.

Edited by remix17

i think people should understand that when people say "being gay is normal" they more likely mean, "the fact that gays exist, and form a percentage of the human race, is normal"

I have read some of these answers and skipped others..how many of you people replying have children?

And how many of you have heard of such a thing as unconditional love.

It's what you expected off your parents and what you should give to your children.

I am not naive, I have four children.

Oh brother... Do people understand the question? Do I ? Off course you love your children, no matter who they are or what they do in life. You accept them for their differences. But we are discussing shame, an emotion you feel when your child is somehow different from the rest, and not in a good way. (Again let's be clear: I am in no way implying here that being gay is bad) It's like having a mentally retarded kid: you still love them, but every now and then you need to come in terms with how people look at you. You feel ashamed, not because you failed, not because raising kids who are different is wrong, but it seems natural to feel this way sometimes.

Religion is the tool that allows bigots, terrorists and idiots to form weak, hateful and hopelessly unintelligent opinions about people, countries and situations, and know that they will never have to back them up with logical debate.

Wow this is by far the best and most accurate definition of religion I've ever come across.

People decide to be gay?

Of course not... I'm gay even though I often want not to be as it sometimes complicates things.

Even though how much i want it, looking at girls just doesn't turn me on, there is nothing about that you can control or decide how you want to react. It's something you know for yourself, just because you deny you being gay, you can't supress your feelings and desires.

It's a sin to be gay

Whatever... I don't see it as a sin myself, not because i'm gay, but because it's not people's fault that they are gay. If people kills other people by purpose, then it's a sin.... I must confess that I'm not very religeous. I just don't see why people moan about "being gay is against our creators will". It makes me sick. If he didn't want us to be here, why did he make it possible that people could become gays? Sigh.... I don't see much sense in mixing religion with sexuality... Jesus...

heh... ;P

I don't feel uncomfortable if i'm next to a feminine gay, he's just nothing for me.. Doesn't turn me on just the same way girls doesn't turn me on. I'm "masciline" and noone i see daily know i'm gay. And I don't feel like telling them unless they ask me directly. Then I would tell them. But why walk around with a big sign saying "Hi, I'm Tom and I'm gay!". Advertising your sexuality is IMHO stupid.

Is it in our DNA? Is it something about bad parentings? I really don't know and I'm not trying to figure it out either. I love both my parents and they love me, so does that question matter?

Religion is the tool that allows bigots, terrorists and idiots to form weak, hateful and hopelessly unintelligent opinions about people, countries and situations, and know that they will never have to back them up with logical debate

Wow that's painting it with a pretty broad brush. You make it sound like bigotry, terrorism, and idiocy can't happen without it. I'll inform you of this fact: it does.

You'll find the vast majority of every major religion's followers are peaceful, loving people who love to help others. As a person belonging to a religion myself, it saddens me to see that someone thinks the reason I worship is to to promote bigotry, terrorism, and hate.

I hope that someday you will be able to see outside of your small-minded understanding of religion and the people who are involved in it.

Wow that's painting it with a pretty broad brush. You make it sound like bigotry, terrorism, and idiocy can't happen without it. I'll inform you of this fact: it does.

You'll find the vast majority of every major religion's followers are peaceful, loving people who love to help others. As a person belonging to a religion myself, it saddens me to see that someone thinks the reason I worship is to to promote bigotry, terrorism, and hate.

I hope that someday you will be able to see outside of your small-minded understanding of religion and the people who are involved in it.

I used the term 'tool' deliberately. Whilst I am not, myself, religious, of course I do not think that all those who do have a faith are terrorists or bigots, merely that religion is the perfect excuse for such people because, by its very nature, it exists outside logic and rationale. In the same way, I am aware that terrible things happen and strange beliefs expressed outside of religion. What I said was that basing them on a religious context removes the need to back such opions and actions up with justifiable and reasdonable argument. It was never my intention to suggest that all those who follow a religion voluntarily are in some way evil themselves, and I am sorry if you read my post in this way. I would still stand by my viewpopint however.

I would feel that I was a failure as a parent if my child became gay. I plan on telling my children at an early age about how wrong it is to be gay, so they understand it from a biblical perspective. If at a later time I find out that they are gay, yes they will be disowned, I will have no part in that. But do not get me wrong this would be the same if my child used drugs repeatedly or came back home pregnant or got someone pregnant. All of it is wrong, and I can have no part in that. My family has had a very bad history of drugs, having 5+ kids out of wedlock and domestic violence. My sister and I are the only ones in the family that did not go that route out of all my cousins. But to keep from falling into that trap I had to have goals for myself and alienate my self from them just to succeed. I do not think I am better than them I was just more determined to make something of myself. I will try to set the best example possible for my kids and I will use my family mistakes as a teaching tool. I will let them know this is what you will be come if you go down that path. So I hope the fear of failure and the possible loss of the love of parents will keep them from going down that path, whether it is being gay, doing drugs, pre-martial sex, or domestic violence. I can honestly say it comes from bad parenting and lack of having both parential units in the house hold. This accounts for about 80% of why kids turn bad like that. The other part is if you already have that in you since birth. Some people are born with a disposition that makes them weaker to those types of things or you will be strong against those things. Like my wife for instance did not have both parents, had an abusive controlling mother and yet she turned out to be a good person because it was not in her as a person to want to party, do drugs, engage in sex or other negative behaviors. Now the rest of my family had a bunch of single parent moms or they had abusive fathers when both parents lived together. This cycle repeated for several generations and has caused my family to be so screwed up. One of the more recent things that has happen is a cousin of mine came out of the closet and everyone found out she was a lesbian. I blame it own bad parenting and how her mother would always come home catching her father in bed with some new women like every other week but yet she refuse to divorce him. I think after seeing how it hurt her mother she has a dislike for men, which is why I feel she turned gay. Now on the opposite end of the spectrum I have had former friends that had good homes, parents were preachers at a church, they lived with both parents and had a good relationship with them. But it was just end them as a person to go down the wrong path regardless to how much you tried to help them. So really it is just a matter of whether you fall into that 80% that ≈10% that are just good by nature or that ≈10% that are just bad by nature.

So because you hold yourself to X standard, if your children, who are not you and do not share your own strength's, weaknesses, morals, ideals and so forth do not meet said standard, you'll disown them?

Seems a little self-centered to me. Maybe you should realize not everyone is you? You make it sound like anyone who makes a mistake is evila nd not worth associating with at all. You must have had a terribly loving family.

You also make things terribly black and white. If I were your son, I think you'd disown me. This morning I smoked some marijuana. When I went out and met my mom, she asked me if I could empty the dishwasher. I told her I already had, as well as cleaning off all the dishes in the sink and loading the machine back up for her. I'm such a terrible and evil son, aren't I?

With your daughter getting a dislike for man theory, that might of added to the entire thing, but I've never seen that happen. My old girlfriend Nikita had a mom who had been cheated on multiple times and since then seriously has no ttrusted a single man, period. She told her daughter never to trust any man either, and hated me from day one simply because I have a penis. Neither of them ever turned to lesbianism though, or even suggested a remote desire to.

you can tell it's not hereditary. The way they behave(all girlie aka flaming) shows that they are trying to justify their lifestyle CHOICE to their natural insticts. How do people end up gay? Probably in junior high or high school they start to think about it in their mind. They're all like "am i gay" asking themselves this very question over and over until they eventually conclude that they are indeed gay. I usually tolerate gays so long as they arn't flaming around. I give them a warning to talk and behave normal. I got a guy fired at work for sexual harrasement once because he was always behaving like a little pixie around me and i gave him fair warning many times.

another way you know it's not hereditary is that gay people don't often make babies. How is the gay gene passed on if it's hereditary.

if you try to give me a "warning" in real life you are inviting yourself to a fist fight. so have at it homophobe, just don't expect to not get the crap beat out of you by a queer.

Edited by seasponge

Hey if i'm working on the electrical wiring alone with this guy and he starts to use that "gay slur" voice that is considered sexual harrasement I have a legitament reason to be upset. I calmly asked this guy "Will you still stop behaving like that" several times. There's no reason for him to talk like that unless he was attempting to use it to hit on me. After about of month of pleading with him to stop i told the Supervisor at the site if he did it again I was going to the boss in human resources and that i wanted it in writing that i told him so. He did it again and i did go to the boss in human resources and they had an investigation. Talked to other people that had worked with him and they fired him. There's no reason that guys should have to deal with sexual harrassment at work any more than a woman should. And if a guy simply looking at a woman constitutes as "creating a hostile work environment" then certainly the "gay slur" thing could also. Maybe it would have been better if he hit me earlier. I'm a nonviolence guy. I'd taken the hit like a man and gotten him fired weeks earlier.

if you try to give me a "warning" in real life you are inviting yourself to a fist fight. so have it homophobe, just don't expect to not get the crap beat out of you by a queer.

All the retarded people I know were born to normal functioning parents, therefore according to your logic retardation is a choice.

Most your other logic is about as brilliant as this IMO. Someone talks with a lisp and you assume he's hitting on you? That's just something I don't even feel is worthy of a retort.

if your son would penetrate other holes of female than vagina or uses a condom it's not natural and does not lead to procreation. those who think homosexuality is wrong because of that and would be ashamed should also be ashamed of heterosexual child practising sex that does not lead to procreation. atleast they seem the same thing to me exept the other might not generally get sexually exited of same sex individuals.

there are also intersexual individuals born that can't be told to be male or female and can also be extremely rare cases where the individual has both female and male sex organs functioning. don't know what their sexuality can be perhaps not bisexual but just sexual :)

these rare cases of being born with both set of sexual organs are usually resolved at a very early age. Lets say that the kid was born intersexed and the parents name the kid Joey or something. Should they discover that the female part is dominate(and this almost always happens and the less dominate organs usually end up being underdeveloped) they can change the name to Josephine and and claim Joey was just a nickname and have (i guess "her") taken to the hospital to have the male sexual organs removed.

if your son would penetrate other holes of female than vagina or uses a condom it's not natural and does not lead to procreation. those who think homosexuality is wrong because of that and would be ashamed should also be ashamed of heterosexual child practising sex that does not lead to procreation. atleast they seem the same thing to me exept the other might not generally get sexually exited of same sex individuals.

there are also intersexual individuals born that can't be told to be male or female and can also be extremely rare cases where the individual has both female and male sex organs functioning. don't know what their sexuality can be perhaps not bisexual but just sexual :)

seta-san

that could backfire for some, because some could just look under-developed to whoever is deciding the fate of such organs...there is also a problem mentally with ones who feel different because someone made the choice for them(much like guys who don't like the fact they were circumsiced at birth)...

think about this, would you like it if someone decided you needed product a over b?....especially if b was better for you?

also now since we have the ability to look at genes (like see who is male or female) one would think that the dual/semi-dual sex organs would not have a problem determining which to cut, but who says they are going to take the time to decide... :pinch:

also recentlly in the news it was said that there are actually XY females and XX males out there(talking no extra chromosones here)....rare...but apparentlly occuring...which then rasies the question of...what makes a person female/male or attracted to female/male.... :huh:

--------------------------------------------

Gotenks98

I hate to tell you this, but telling your kids "no" on a subject such as being homosexual could just backfire on you...one for the fact at young ages most kids do not understand the concept(i really did not :p , as for me, being attracted to guys since i can remember), let alone using God as an excuse in this day and age will not work for your plan to keep them safe from being gay, as media, and general knowledge thats out there...---unless you force them to live in a bubble, and well people rasied in bubbles end up with social problems---- :no:

and as i stated earllier in a post, disowning your kids will just screw you financially (because the state/government/family(possiblly) will take you to court, and force childcare payment, and you will loose) , and them mentally.

Edited by kennyout

I would honestly not care either way. I see no shame in whatever sexual preference a child of mine might have.

However, I won't lie; I would prefer a heterosexual attraction, but it would be fine whatever they chose to do.