Luna Element 5

Mad_Griffith, this can be done only by editing some strings in explorer.exe (with ResHacker)...

But this can be dangerous...

well, in this case is senseless to edit explorer.exe, with the upcoming patches it could be overwritten..so every time you should do the same work :no:

Hi, I've noticed this thing. Take a look at the image.

In a double column start menu, the second column doesn't have the different bar under the item icon. It has only when it's selected.

post-56609-1138451738.jpg

Very nice theme :)

em3 could you please post these start buttons for personal modding though? I like them better!

Cheers

post-41627-1138453712.jpg

I fixed bug with selected item ( no more green :) )

post-68758-1138457956.jpg

Nice find, but you can see icons' borders look rather jagged...

I still think LE4 colors were the best.

Btw, PeterPL, did you edited the colors directly within the le5.msstyle or did you just modified the winxp screen panel advanced options?

I edited LE5.msstyle, I try to remove this jagges

can you please explain how to do that with StyleBuilder/Reshack/whatever? I can't find the right "option"...

many thanks

can you please explain how to do that with StyleBuilder/Reshack/whatever? I can't find the right "option"...

many thanks

sure

Open LE5.msstyle in ResEdit open TEXTFILE in left column and you need change values for NORMABLUE_INI, NORMALBLUEC_INI, NORMALBLACK_INI, NORMALBLACKC_INI.

Find in text

Highlight = 191 223 255 <--change values to 191 223 254

That's all :)

FWIW... hot tracking color is to dark primarily because of the blue text instead of LE4's white text.

Changing it can be problematic because depending on the color chosen you can then have flicker when moving the pointer from one entry to another as in an Explorer window with filenames. Also the hot tracking color also becomes the text color in some applications. System Properties is one of these. If you choose a hot tracking color that is to light then the text is very hard to read.

Seems having a dark blue hot tracking color with white text gives the absolute best visuals.

IMO, that is. :)

Using compact blue btw...

Edited by GShapiro

sure

Open LE5.msstyle in ResEdit open TEXTFILE in left column and you need change values for NORMABLUE_INI, NORMALBLUEC_INI, NORMALBLACK_INI, NORMALBLACKC_INI.

Find in text

Highlight = 191 223 255 <--change values to 191 223 254

That's all :)

Gorgeous. Thanks peterPL. I have one little request. Could you share your start button once again? I can't find last one. Thank ya!

:alien:

With every other theme I try, I usually find an app in my program list that has some visual bug/anomaly. Not so with the Luna Element-series! I guess em3 keeps it very close to the original Luna design...