Luna Element 5

Can anyone tell me how i can replace the button?? I hav ResHack and open the msstyles then i go to the start button and right click and go to Replace Bitmap, but the replacement buttons i hav are PNG and it wudnt let me use the PNG's! Wat i do?

got some questions for skinners (stylebuilder users)...

how to change these parts:

1. The white arrow

2. The hover effect

exempla1oy.jpg

3. (got no pic) The "selected objects" color

I'd really appreciate.

love the new style, all the changes are nice. the new scroll bars look awesome, new combo boxes and drop down buttons, new tray expand button. new start button seems awkward at first, but i think i can be something i can like after i use it awhile.

don't understand why people complain about the start button taking up too much space though, it takes upt he same amount of space as a regular start button.

the only thing thats wrong with the default startbutton other than asthetics...

you cant just put the mouse in the bottom left and click without looking, it wont hit the button.

But the blue theme looks GREAT with the black start button from le4

This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend, some people started singing it not knowing what it was but they'll continue singin' it forever jus' becuz'.......................... :laugh:

the only thing thats wrong with the default startbutton other than asthetics...

you cant just put the mouse in the bottom left and click without looking, it wont hit the button.

But the blue theme looks GREAT with the black start button from le4

Actually, you can. The startbutton actually covers almost the whole area before the quick reply. You can click anywhere in that area and it will open the start menu.

Actually, you can. The startbutton actually covers almost the whole area before the quick reply. You can click anywhere in that area and it will open the start menu.

not in the very bottom left pixel for me.

After breaking it in, the start button is fine, the only thing I don't like is when I highlight an icon on my desktop the colours of the icon change and look horrible until I select something else.

I really like this Visual Style, my personal favorite so far! I used to use Vista Media Centre VS, but I was waiting for this forever and I love it! I actually like the start button, maybe make it a little wider and it would be perfect, thanks for your hard work! Keep it up!

Good work em3, it's a nice VS. I just don't see what the hype was all about. Like a lot of the people have said here before.. the Start button is fugly, and it's not that different from LE4. The whole look is starting to get really unoriginal as well. LE3 IMO is the best looking out of the LE series. I do appreciate the effort you put into your work though.

Very nice work as always. However, there are lots of little things that bug me about it, so I think I'll stick with LE4 and mod some things from LE5 in.

Hmmm... very nice. I could say there were more positive changes to the VS than negative, so overall I'm quite satisfied.

My complaints would be the awkwardness of the Start button (that shape is... different) plus the highlight colours for the icons. That colour from LE4 was ideal, IMO.

Fantastic work, I take my hat off to you! (Y)

Microsoft should give you a job on the Windows UI Team. Exceptional design. Great Job!

Edited by ubergeek

My only grip is that I wish the windows flag in the startbutton were bigger. May I be so bold as to ask someone to make the flag within the startbutton bigger? I think that would end the okwardness of the startbutton. =)

I love this theme though, em3 you did a helluva a job on this. Much appreciated.