IE 7 Beta RELEASED!

i want to be able to move it back to the top, why on earth wouldnt ms allow this, i thought they learnt this with the awful reviews of beta 1, thought they would have seen the light that we dont like being told what to do!

dont like it at all, gunna stick with firefox 1.5

1 tab - 28mb

2 tabs - 30mb

i like the efficient ram usage, thats it though.

alt + q dosent move the 2nd row (file, edit etc) to the top row where it used to be!

Can it be moved onto the same row with the buttons, like you could do with Beta 1?

Guess I'm going to have to format and reinstall tonight. If anyone can help me out, whenever I attempt to middle click open a new link in a tab, a blank page comes up. Also when I try to add a page to my favorites, it says that a class isn't registered. If you guys happen to know which class or which .dll file is the file that utilizes adding favorites and opening new pages, let me know. Or if you guys know how to re-register every single .dll file on a computer let me know too!

Or they released a more stable beta version (slightly older than what is released to beta testers right now) to the public so they don't whine as much about bugs and "lack of improvement".

http://news.com.com/Microsoft+releases+IE+...ml?tag=nefd.top

IE 7 also includes a number of new features for Web developers, including support for up-and-coming Web-programming technologies known collectively as AJAX.

WTF?

AJAX is Javascript that uses XMLHttpRequest - a technology that Microsoft invented and other browsers cloned from IE. The first AJAX application was Outlook Web Access.

beta 2 will be stable, the 5299 will be work done since this build went final on 25th or whatever the build time for this was. gunna stick with this until final is out. not gunna use it though, i have to when i view new mail from msn messenger though, even though firefox is default browser, that wasnt part of their antitrust agreement, only open in ie!!

3 things that really annoy me...

• the lowest "toolbar" with all of the small icons cannot be moved to the top and/or links and other toolbars cannot be moved under it
  • where the hell is my "read mail" button???
  • 74 mb of RAM with tabs disabled?!?!

It's no big amazement that it's an older version. Microsoft always releases older builds to the public. It's because those builds have gone through more testing, the newer builds are current dev builds while this one is one that was chosen to undergo extensive testing to make it usable by the public. They do it with every public (and for that matter private) beta they release. It's nothing new.

One other thing. I was reading through this thread and I noticed several times when someone would complain about something, there would frequently be someone following up behind them to stop complaining. How about you shut the hell up and let someone have an opinion ok? If someone doesn't like something, they are more than welcome to say so and bring it up as discussion with other people who are capable of a mature conversation. :no:

I don't know about you guys, but whoever designed the UI should be shot.

1) No menu bar? That is going to confuse everyone. Not everyone knows that ctrl-c is copy for example. Not everyone is going to know how to turn it on.

2) Buttons scattered all over the place...no consistancy at all, requiring lots of mouse movement and guess work in order to find which button to use

Still trying it out, but the UI is very unimpressive.

the IE 7 beta 2 preview UI is not the finale UI i just watched the channel 9 video wher they siad it is not the finale ther is still some tweaking to do . and also as far as i knwo ya cna get the file edit tools and sutch back.

i want to be able to move it back to the top, why on earth wouldnt ms allow this, i thought they learnt this with the awful reviews of beta 1, thought they would have seen the light that we dont like being told what to do!

I believe it's a compatibility problem related to tabs. Certain IE add-ons make assumptions about the IE window, and because of tabbing - the "classic" menus have to be below the tabs. However, I could be wrong about that - but I seem to remember hearing that as the reason back in beta 1. Perhaps they'll find a way around it before the final release.

I think what they're trying to do is replicate all that functionality with the icon-menu things you see in the button bar. That way the "classic" menus could just be hidden unless needed (like if you pressed ALT).

Don't quote me on this though, these are just observations and I don't know any details about their actual UI plans.