Windows Defender Beta 2 now available

Ok, this needs to change.

This is supposed to be a QUICK scan! :blink:

38 minutes?!?

237,079 objects scanned?!?

How is that quick? :no:

A quick scan should be like the MS MRT, where it only scans known locations for known products.

Then a normal or indepth scan can cover everything.

post-5449-1139928263.png

lol, and we still got the warning messenger plus! is spyware..

i dont understeand why m$ doesnt sort this out,

they are partners :s :no:

and already found an error

post-113040-1139929798_thumb.jpg

"Windows Defender definitions haven't been updated in 19 days."

But it can't/won't update?!?!?!

it does update.. but takes damn long..

and you wont notice anything about it.

so is it possible in anyway to remove this from startup so the two processes for it dont start or is that completely impossible?

You can easily disable it using msconfig

so is it possible in anyway to remove this from startup so the two processes for it dont start or is that completely impossible?

i think its installed as a service now instead of being in startup... not sure but check it out....

EDIT: yea there is a Windows Defender Service

Edited by Mystical112

i would like if a windows defender icon would appear next to the clock (i mean where are the messenger, norton antivir, etc icon) if it start automatically. how can i do this? i saw in msconfig that it starts on every system startup, but i want the icon for it, and i cant find how to enable it. how can i do this?

and i liked that feature of antispyware beta1 that if i double click a .reg file, a little windows says that it wants to run, and i could enable or disable it from running. if i saw well it has gone from the beta 2. or not?

-sorry for my bad english, but im a bit tired- :blush:

TaciboY

Ugh, noticeable visual flaws in this. The indications for various tasks it is doing, they are not there, but this is looking better. I like this UI better then the previous one, I am waiting for some central management ability, like GPO...because I do not want to pay for a centrally managed spyware solution.

I have tried the X64 version last night. Installed good and the quick scan took like 2min it was amazing. Diden't find anything because I keep my computer pretty clean.

i think its installed as a service now instead of being in startup... not sure but check it out....

EDIT: yea there is a Windows Defender Service

One is a service, yes, but the other is in HKLM/Run, so you'll have to address that in Msconfig (or Startup Control Panel, etc).

My only problem is that I think Windows Defender should always appear in the tray.

Otherwise it seems to work great.

yes. there should be a tray icon for it. i saw it one time in the tray, but never ever, and it had 2 options: open and exit :)

and where can i find the updater?

and where can i find the updater?

ok. i found it. its in the help menu in the About Windows Defender. but still cant find how to have a tray icon. i saw in msconfig, that it start with "-hide", so if it could be removed, maybe there would be a tray icon.