Intel iMac running XP!

There was an article in the March Atomic about getting XP running on a Mac, and the writer said it probably won't be done. He also said there was a competition running to the first person to do it (Not an Atomic competition, some other competition) so I hope the person who did it won stuff.

... snipped rant ...

Calm down man, it's not like i insulted your mother or something, i just stated that the video was bad.

No need to get protective over it.

I can't wait to get the Mac Mini now. Its gonna be everything that I want in a computer. How great is this day!

Eww, a Mini? Those will never be all that anyone could want in a computer. Their graphics card can't even handle HD. I'd rethink it if I were you, but if you're sure it's what you want then go for it!

There was an article in the March Atomic about getting XP running on a Mac, and the writer said it probably won't be done. He also said there was a competition running to the first person to do it (Not an Atomic competition, some other competition) so I hope the person who did it won stuff.

If by "stuff" you mean $13,000, then yes, he is going to win stuff for doing this ;) Check out onmac.net

Calm down man, it's not like i insulted your mother or something, i just stated that the video was bad.

No need to get protective over it.

Calm down? Insulted my mother? Get "protective"? I'm doing none of those. I'm just tired of everyone whining about fakes. Yes, it's been stated, people think it's fake, we don't need every other post being another person saying it's fake. All I did was simply counter your argument that the "video was bad". You feel the video is bad, and told us why. I feel the video isn't bad, and told you why. I hope you can allow me to challenge the validity of your claims the same as you challenege the validity of the pics and video. After all, we're basically doing the same thing right? ;)

The front page has been updated to say:

Latest Update

Contest has been won - updates to follow shortly. All further donations will go into an account to sustain the open source project that will be launched with the initial solution. There are still many bugs to be worked out!

So that's it folks. We're done. He has a working solution and after they iron out some of the framebuffer bugs with other systems (I assume that's what it is) then it'll be released :)

Of course you feel that way, you own a Macbook. Think of the people who DON'T have a Mac that's verified to work and how mad they'll be about it, not just yourself.

yes but it's still better for those who do have it (i would feel the same way if i had a 20"imac or mac mini), then at least some people can enjoy it

yes but it's still better for those who do have it (i would feel the same way if i had a 20"imac or mac mini), then at least some people can enjoy it

I'm waiting for exactly the same config that you have in your sig. I'll be getting it tomorrow shipped over from Head Office.

I wish it was here right now.

:cry:

y not the othr way around..

OSX on xp >.>

it's already been done and works fine but we're not allowed to talk about it here since it's not legal (Windows on a mac is legal though)

Awesome, pretty slick way as well. Press up and down at the Apple logo on boot to choose between OS X and Windows apparently. Hopefully it's easy to use, next step is drivers, there's quite a lot of hardware that Windows doesn't pick up.

i wonder what we'll have to do to partition the mac hardrive ?

I imagine just use disk utility to resize the mac partition.. then create another smaller say 100mb one for the boot loader and your blank xp partition.. then format it in the windows installer.

it's already been done and works fine but we're not allowed to talk about it here since it's not legal (Windows on a mac is legal though)

Actually I don't think it will be legal. Last I heard in one of narf's replies on flckr, they are patching the kernel to get it to work. If they are doing that then it's illegal.

Eww, a Mini? Those will never be all that anyone could want in a computer. Their graphics card can't even handle HD. I'd rethink it if I were you, but if you're sure it's what you want then go for it!

Mini (core duo) can handle HD just fine And for core single it can handle 1280x720p which is good ewnough to fill up most peoples monitors. Not everyone has a dell 24" 1920x1080p is too big for my 2001fpw even.

Mini (core duo) can handle HD just fine And for core single it can handle 1280x720p which is good ewnough to fill up most peoples monitors. Not everyone has a dell 24" 1920x1080p is too big for my 2001fpw even.

Actually I'm nearly certain we determined somewhere that the graphics chip in the mini can't handle running HD content. I don't recall exactly where I've read this all. I also had a long discussion with a friend and we came up with various other reason why the Mini was just plain bad that I don't even remember now. Needless to say we came up with enough reasons that we realized that the new Mac Mini is really a horrible release by Apple because it's irresponsible when planning for the future of computing since it wont be able to handle most of it. I really don't remember what all we came up with now, so I'm not going to try to argue it without having the facts on hand. Besides, it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Any chance that would work on a Mac Mini?

Yes, it's supposed to work on the iMac, MacBook Pro and Mac Mini :)

I can't wait for the instructions to be release! :woot:

Woo! I'm really looking forward to buying myself an Intel iMac now. My PC is hopeless when it comes to games - a 2GHz Core Duo with 256mb of VRAM will kiss arse!

...But does anything else think this screenshot looks a bit Photoshoped? The Windows logo looks odd to me.

Woo! I'm really looking forward to buying myself an Intel iMac now. My PC is hopeless when it comes to games - a 2GHz Core Duo with 256mb of VRAM will kiss arse!

...But does anything else think this screenshot looks a bit Photoshoped? The Windows logo looks odd to me.

I'm almost 100% certain that's just a custom made image he made to match Mac OS X' default grey boot screen. Wouldn't be surprised if you could replace it with anything you want.

Or do you mean something else?