Intel iMac running XP!

damn i have to wait for my gf to get home so i can use her laptop to create the windows cd :(

they should have posted instructions to do it using toast or something like that

i havnt touched my windows laptop in so long.. nero is giving me so much trouble, it refuses to open at all~~

so has anyone posted any movies/shots of a intel mac mini dual booting yet? .. lol

Not to sound blunt or anything but it's obvious you're doing something wrong then. Never had one problem when partitioning with Mac OS X' Disk Utility.

no im a pc user, and ive tryed using partition magics wizard before and it never sems to work for me its prob me, i understand what needs to be done but it never works out. I think the problem is i end up moving thing and not changing the MBR or something who knows

I've got the boot loader working, that was easy enough. But there's still no support for the 20" iMac so I can't do anything else :(

More isnt always better? :D

Now i seriously have to decide to get rid of my mac and pc and buy an iMac or MacBook PRO

Its the darn price thats holding me back atm :)

does WinXP feel sluggish and such.

It's supposed to be perfectly usable if hardware graphics acceleration is disabled, that is until some drivers are found of course.

Because the iMac uses a Conroe? So I could say, sad moment in time for PCs? :rolleyes:

Actually the iMacs do not (currently) use Conroes. Conroes will be 64bit CPUs (via EMT64). The Intel Dual Core CPUs in the iMacs are 32bit chips. Conroe represents the next generation that presumably Apple will implement when they are ready from Intel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Next_Ge...croarchitecture

The Intel Core Duo used by the current crop of Apple x86 computers is actually using the Yonah core:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Core

Edited by fred666

Well I backed up my drive, made the windows xp sp2 cd, reinstalled tiger, blessed the efi file thing, got into the win xp installation, did the ntfs (quick) thing on the ms dos partition i made earlier... all looked like it was going well up to this point.

it froze when win xp starts to copy files over for installation. completely froze. this wasn't in his instructions, so thats as far as i can get with my intel mac mini (core solo).

At that point i also realized that... if there are no drivers for the bluetooth, my bluetooth keyboard wouldnt work anyway, right? And i don't have a regular keyboard anywhere anymore.

:sigh:

I will wait a few more days and see what develops i guess.

I think we all knew this would happen eventually. It just so happens that it happened sooner than later.

I'm sure all the Apple lovers who prayed that it would never happen, cried and told us that it would never happend, and dreaded this day are currently at their psychiatrists seeking professional help and getting prescriptions for antidepressants. I think it's funny.

The thing is that you don't need to buy a Mac to use the best OS in the world (IMCO), we've had Windows XP running on Intel forever. ;) I hope nobody gets offended by this comment. That wasn't the point. It's just for fun. If you do get offended you need to get away from your computer, go outside, and get a life.

dummies dummies dummies!

read man! read!

it's not about having XP it's about having a dual boot machine that gets the everything done!

KAPESH?

Now what I find amusing is the fact that this method will likely be patched in the next OSX update which will lead to a whole new group of people complaining. :blink:
Apple have said they will do nothing to prevent Windows from running on a Mac, so I don't think you need to worry about that.

A lot of people over at MacRumors.com have gotten XP up and running - it's a pity so many of you are having trouble.

I get a kick out of reading through this thread. All the people who claimed fake until they frothed at the mouth all look like a bunch of boobs now hehehe

Eventhough I claimed it was fake, ofcourse I hoped myself that I turned out wrong, and now I'm glad I was indeed wrong :)

The only bad thing out of this is, i guess, now i'm having such an urge to buy a macbook pro :(

I dont own a Mac - I've always wanted one tho.

But I cant help feeling that this has some how cheapened the whole Mac scene etc - now I cant see any reason why I want to pay well over the odd's for a Mac when its nothing more than a pretty looking "normal" PC - and even the spec's aint that great over a PC.

However that said - they still look darn pretty.