Vista Build 5342 Released - Official Topic

Here is a shot of the new minimize effect. it appears that the minimizing window will tip on its X and Y axis as it moves into the taskbar. Also here's the updated look for MCE

post-120574-1143300707_thumb.jpg

post-120574-1143300790_thumb.jpg

post-120574-1143300822_thumb.jpg

I'm downloading now, going to put it on my laptop and if its stable enough I will use it as my main OS on my desktop. This is the first Vista/Longhorn build I have ever tried!

I don't think there is anything worth mentioning. There are a bunch of new categories, like widescreen and vistas but they all have placeholders inside

The more and more I see of Vista, I beginning to think Microsoft has lost their clarity on :no: What is the point in the "Gadget Calculator" and the "Egg Timer" how many people will actually use those?

How long is it to install Vista?? Darn, the thing seem to be frozen on the Install screen, the green bar is rising VERY slowly....

This has got to get better soon....

The more and more I see of Vista, I beginning to think Microsoft has lost their clarity on :no: What is the point in the "Gadget Calculator" and the "Egg Timer" how many people will actually use those?

Honestly gadgets take not long at all to build. For example my calculator available HERE took me only about an hour to do and Microsofts is not that complicated.

But if they shipped with no gadgets, people would complain.

How long is it to install Vista?? Darn, the thing seem to be frozen on the Install screen, the green bar is rising VERY slowly....

This has got to get better soon....

Vista 5308 took an extremely long time on the install screen on ONE of my computers. My Desktop zipped through it, but my laptop (which has a AMD 4000 and 1GB Ram so by no means slow) took just under an hour. But the completing installation screen was quick in both.

Here is a shot of the new minimize effect. it appears that the minimizing window will tip on its X and Y axis as it moves into the taskbar. Also here's the updated look for MCE

How does "Live TV" function? Was unwatchable in the last build

Hmm seems ok, a few more things than the last one. New icons for the network. Seems a little faster.

I can't activate it either.

Vista 5308 took an extremely long time on the install screen on ONE of my computers. My Desktop zipped through it, but my laptop (which has a AMD 4000 and 1GB Ram so by no means slow) took just under an hour. But the completing installation screen was quick in both.

I'm trying to install Vista on my laptop (see my sig), and it's crazy how much time it takes. I can hear the DVD drive head moving around, the HD ligh is active, but the green progress bar is rising slowly, VERY slowly....

I've burned my ISO in 2x just to make sure that the DVD is okay. But I have the feeling something is wrong.

I've burned my ISO in 2x just to make sure that the DVD is okay.

That's not necessarily a good approach if it's an 8X DVD. DVDs don't always burn better at lower speeds.

I'm trying to install Vista on my laptop (see my sig), and it's crazy how much time it takes. I can hear the DVD drive head moving around, the HD ligh is active, but the green progress bar is rising slowly, VERY slowly....

I've burned my ISO in 2x just to make sure that the DVD is okay. But I have the feeling something is wrong.

Laptop DVD drives are slower than desktop DVD drives in read speeds sometimes.

Almost ALWAYS, your desktop HDD will be faster than your laptop HDD (7200RPM vs. 5400RPM) so it's really to be expected.

I don't know. I do know that some of my collegues and friends have Calculator as the first program on their Start Menu, so I would say that the Gadget Calculator might be a welcome improvement. The Egg Timer is a little weird though :huh: .

Edited by califsp484