The Official NDS Homebrew Thread

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I ordered a DS-Xtreme 2gig and am loving it. I fit all 8 of my DS games on it comfortably and had room for a few music albums. The OS is really smooth and the built in USB is fantastic methinks.

• 2 weeks later...
What's better, the official DS browser or a homebrew one?

I also heard that if you want images in a homebrew browser you need the memory expansion, but so far I can only find it as part of the DS browser. Isn't there anywhere that sells it on it's own?

I have the opera DS browser (i bought it when it came out). It is dreadful to use. Super slow to load pages (no matter how fast your internet connection is) and lags when u try to scroll around. Forget viewing larger pages like Neowin in it. I don't think the DS has the right kind of horsepower for web surfing.

So you need a slot 2 card to play GBA games?

Unfortunately yes...

The DS processor is not powerful enough to emulate gba games. So if you want to play your gba backups, you will need a slot 2 solution.

Just bought a CycloDS Slot-1 card.. I used to be a PSP homebrew enthusiast, but after seeing the massive amounts of hardware updates coming in from Sony, I sold my PSP and got into NDS homebrew. Got it from realhotstuff.com..

Unfortunately yes...

The DS processor is not powerful enough to emulate gba games. So if you want to play your gba backups, you will need a slot 2 solution.

Thanks for the reply, do you recommend anything for slot 2? I can't find a whole lot on the slot 2 cards.

btw, I got my R4 and I'm LOVING it! I can't wait to try out more apps. I haven't tried any other flash carts but the R4 was so easy to use and it's working great so far.

Thanks for the reply, do you recommend anything for slot 2? I can't find a whole lot on the slot 2 cards.

btw, I got my R4 and I'm LOVING it! I can't wait to try out more apps. I haven't tried any other flash carts but the R4 was so easy to use and it's working great so far.

Sorry, I dont have a slot 2 card... I am currently looking to get one, but you are right the slot 2 is hard to find, as everyone moved to primarily to slot one. I was thinking about getting this, but I am concerned about the storage size.

I got my R4 when it was first released, and I swear, my ds is used every single day. Best purchase ever!

Is there a comparison that anyone can recommend, showing the different popular homebrow/backup/multimedia solutions?

Check out the list of websites on the first page...

Gbatemp is a good site, lots of info...

Sorry, I dont have a slot 2 card... I am currently looking to get one, but you are right the slot 2 is hard to find, as everyone moved to primarily to slot one. I was thinking about getting this, but I am concerned about the storage size.

I got my R4 when it was first released, and I swear, my ds is used every single day. Best purchase ever!

Yeah I haven't actually been waiting to play a console when I got home from work in years! Every day when I get home now I have to have my DS fix for an hour or so. I used to even own one a couple years ago, but never played it even close to this much :)

I bought a 4GB Micro SD card but it didn't work, I think it was because it's SDHC. That's a little disappointing, I guess I'll just have to get a few more 2GB cards then :p

• 3 months later...

I got my M3DS Real Perfect Bundle from Kick Gaming

Comes with :

* 1 x M3 DS Real (Black)

* 1 x M3 DS Real Rumble Pack (Black)

* 1 x M3 DS Real GBA Expansion Pack (Black)

* 1 x USB TF/microSD Reader

* 1 x M3 DS Real Card Case

So I've got the GBA expansion pack and can play GBA games. I find the rumble pack pointless, not many games support it. I don't have the RAM Rumble pack, so I can't use the Nintendo Browser with it, but I don't care since the DS can't do WAP. I have a 8Gb Kingston MicroSD. Using the latest M3G6 Firmware, I find it SLOW to launch a game, but once it's running, everything is perfect. I wonder if it's the size of the MicroSD or the fact that it's full that slow it down like that.

Sadly there's not much talk of homebrew in here anymore :(

Used to love using Beup on the DS, although not heard anything of it's development of late

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I just got a DS a few days ago off of the Bay of e.

Did a bit of homework into what card to get, and decided on the CycloDS. However every place I check online to buy one, they are out of stock.

So I am wondering if you guys could help me find somewhere with the CycloDS that is in stock, and at a reasonable price. (UK)

So I just got a DS a few days ago off of the Bay of e.

Did a bit of homework into what card to get, and decided on the CycloDS. However every place I check online to buy one, they are out of stock.

So I am wondering if you guys could help me find somewhere with the CycloDS that is in stock, and at a reasonable price. (UK)

Have you been on www.ndx-systems.com (it might be .co.uk, can't remember and I'm typing on my DSi). So have a look there.

Never heard of that one before. But I hope it works for ya'.

It actually came yesterday, took about 5/6 days to get here, which isn't too bad.

It's listed on the CycloDS "Where to buy" page, so I trusted that it would be ok.

:)

It actually came yesterday, took about 5/6 days to get here, which isn't too bad.

It's listed on the CycloDS "Where to buy" page, so I trusted that it would be ok.

:)

Yeah. I know CycloDS's are supposed to be the best, but if they weren't so expensive and worked on the DSi then I might have got one.

• 5 months later...

I plan to get my GF a DSi for her bday coming up soon, actually really want to get her the Pink one that's available in US and Japan, but frm readin around its a bit confusing on whether its region locked or not....can it still play any game cartridge but it is region locked on the downloaded games? Also would there be any problems importing from US or Japan to the UK? Would i need converter to charge it? Next question is about homebrewing....even if i dnt import the Pink model i will end up just getting her the White model in the UK....but what is the best Card out atm for homebrew? I have been reading on GBATemp but there's just so many cards and reviews out atm its alot to catch up on...so was hoping could get some quick info off some of you guys that have kept up with the scene!

I plan to get my GF a DSi for her bday coming up soon, actually really want to get her the Pink one that's available in US and Japan, but frm readin around its a bit confusing on whether its region locked or not....can it still play any game cartridge but it is region locked on the downloaded games? Also would there be any problems importing from US or Japan to the UK? Would i need converter to charge it? Next question is about homebrewing....even if i dnt import the Pink model i will end up just getting her the White model in the UK....but what is the best Card out atm for homebrew? I have been reading on GBATemp but there's just so many cards and reviews out atm its alot to catch up on...so was hoping could get some quick info off some of you guys that have kept up with the scene!

You can play a game from anywhere on a DS, I think.