The Official NDS Homebrew Thread

Yggdrasilly    7

If I'm not mistaken, the DSi is region-locked. The DS/DSlite are region-free though, so imports play just fine.

• 1 month later...
Mainer82    40

My wife has a DS lite and I want to use it to play NES/SNES games. I am looking at the SuperCard DS ONE v3 - SDHC - RTS. Can I copy any NES/SNES to this device and it will play? Would I have to make any changes to the DS itself?

Kondrath    107
My wife has a DS lite and I want to use it to play NES/SNES games. I am looking at the SuperCard DS ONE v3 - SDHC - RTS. Can I copy any NES/SNES to this device and it will play? Would I have to make any changes to the DS itself?

I don't think so... Unless that card is somehow different than the rest, to play nes/snes games, you've got to depend on the community to make an emulator homebrew for the card. I don't think there are any full-speed emu's for DS. I could be wrong, though.

The Teej    203

You'll have to download an emulator, but it'll work fine.

• 7 months later...
Harreh    9

Recently got myself some homebrew and.. I'm pretty dissapointed at the homebrew scene! There are so many terrible apps out there that just don't work. I tried several different web browsers today and only 1 worked and is pretty much entirely text based. Tried a sega genesis emulator and not all the buttons work. Snes emulation is non-existant esentially. GB emulation and NES emulation works really well though.

It's worth it to play NDS games though. That part I knew I wouldn't be dissapointed on.

Livin in a box    54

Homebrew scene is very much alive, you musn't be looking in the right places. Do you go on www.gbatemp.net ? That's got a really good community and on www.filetrip.net there are some good DS homebrew downloads.

Harreh    9

Homebrew scene is very much alive, you musn't be looking in the right places. Do you go on www.gbatemp.net ? That's got a really good community and on www.filetrip.net there are some good DS homebrew downloads.

Yes, I do go on GBA temp.

The bottom line is: SNES emulation isn't really working (I test this by seeing if it can play The Chaos Engine. It can't) and genesis emulation doesn't look like it'll be progressing as the guy got hired by SEGA. It's pretty damn good though.

DOS emulation is pretty cool.. just need to get windows 2.1 running now.

Just got DS2Key working which works pretty damn well, although I can't seem to control the mouse with it.

Harreh    9

I've just dumped a .sav file from my commercial version of Mario Kart DS using savsender. Anyone know how to convert the dumped file to something readable by my CycloDS Evolution?

Livin in a box    54

I've just dumped a .sav file from my commercial version of Mario Kart DS using savsender. Anyone know how to convert the dumped file to something readable by my CycloDS Evolution?

Is the dumped file .sav?

• 1 year later...
thefonz    5

New wii owner here. What do I do to get this thing hacked?