Official NHL 2005-2006 Playoff Thread

I really don't see any bias among the CBC announcers, of whom I hardly see any of the criticism that many give them. Right now I'm watching the Habs-Canes game, in which the Canadiens are winning 1-0 currently. Amazing game, maybe the best I've seen all year (Hmm...Low scoring? Good game? In Bettman's NHL!? No!) The refs are letting the teams play, and it's great hockey. I love the CBC productions.

Concerning Detroit, it's quite a surprise, but it's far from over. And I'm definitely not surprised that Roloson is playing well. He's a great goalie, and I remember one comment from the announcers giving him credit for a Hasek-like save; Roloson was Hasek's backup in Buffalo years ago. Not surprising.

I picked Dallas to win the West. How they are losing is beyond me. But I suppose I do underestimate Joe Sakic and Alex Tanguay, both underrated and forgotten by most. Tanguay is one of the best in the league.

Calgary is winning over Anaheim, which for a third Western matchup, against my prediction. But who would have thought that the Flames would exceed their regular season goal total in three playoff games? Their high scoring is unusual.

If Nashville still had Vokoun, they would be beating the Sharks, who will be defeated in the second round.

The Ottawa-Tampa Bay Game 3 was another great game. Tensions are high, and it will be a bitter battle to the finish, maybe to Game 7.

Montreal is embaressing Carolina, and that's a big surprise. Their offence has clicked well. I actually would like the Canadiens to win, just to restore the old Original Six days of the legendary teams winning the Cup in a city that cares.

No surprise that New Jersey is destroying New York.

Buffalo is taking care of the pre-season favourite for the Cup, but I do think that Buffalo will be very successful this year, maybe even winners of the the finals. Daniel Briere for the Conn Smythe.

Montreal is embaressing Carolina, and that's a big surprise. Their offence has clicked well. I actually would like the Canadiens to win, just to restore the old Original Six days of the legendary teams winning the Cup in a city that cares.

If Montreal wins, Qu?bec is going to burn down to the ground in celebration. Haha:rofl:: . I wouldn?t mind seeing them take it.

they will beat carolina.. unfortunately not tonight :( they lost in OT after getting a stupid penalty, 5 vs 4 (and one without a stick).. odds were against them, carolina played very well tonight though.

they will beat carolina.. unfortunately not tonight :( they lost in OT after getting a stupid penalty, 5 vs 4 (and one without a stick).. odds were against them, carolina played very well tonight though.

Montreal owned that game. The refs are f*cking blind, that's the problem, and unfortunately, Koivu may be as well after this. Just a stupid, stupid outcome.

Montreal owned that game. The refs are f*cking blind, that's the problem, and unfortunately, Koivu may be as well after this. Just a stupid, stupid outcome.

I don't understand how they missed it, considering the ref helped him skate off the ice. That should have been an automatic double minor minimum. The other guy practically rubbed his face off trying to get some blood out, but Koivu was rushed to a hospital. :no:

The officiating was absolutely disgusting tonight. Carolina only get 3 penalties the entire game. I don't deny the Habs penalties, but Carolina just got away with so much. Cross check to the back of Ryder, elbow to Ribeiro's head, boarding on Plekanec, trip on Plekanec just off the top of my head. Whats even worse is that we get penalized for the exact same thing the Canes got away with all through the game, and arguably the series.

I don't even wanna argue this.

baby! got a bit of scare tonight, but we just managed to pull it out.

totally off topic.. and maybe it's my dirty mind, but reading your post minus the "flyers are back" doesn't sound like it's about hockey..lol

lmao...took me sec to figure what the heck you were talking about...but i see it now :p

but back to hockey, game should be starting now!

Yea Philly completely surprised me by comming back to tie the series. Forsberg looks to be in his usual form. IMO Forsberg when healthy is the best all around player in the NHL.

Dallas is heading home as Colorado just eliminated them with a 3-2 win in overtime. Colorado wins the series 4-1.

Dallas is heaeding home as Colorado just eliminated them with a 3-2 win in overtime. Colorado wins the series 4-1.

Hell yes, just tuned in about 30 secs before they won :D lets see them do it again in the semis!