Official NHL 2005-2006 Playoff Thread

Phew! That was quite a game. Filled with great goaltending, bad refs, and as usual, down the the last second action! Carolina has the advantage now though!

LETS GO CANES!

If Edmonton and Calgary both win their series, they will face each other in the second round.

Thats gonna be one for the ages...

As for the Habs/Canes game :x :no:

Someone put Ribeiro to sleep already.

flyers got rocked today :(

they looked so off, they were constantly one step behind it seemed. never really even threatened.

not looking too good. red wings up 2-0 quickly. worst lead in hockey though...edmonton has to score the next goal.

flyers got rocked today :(

they looked so off, they were constantly one step behind it seemed. never really even threatened.

Flyers are a talented bunch but are big and slow, even with Gagne and some others. Buffalo is small and fast so Philly has to either beat up on the Sabres or they'll get trampled all over with their speed. I honestly didn't think it would be this close but if Philly can use their strength and their talent they can win this in 7

For tonight, I hope Edmonton finishes off the series with Detroit, and Ducks beat Calgary for a game 7.

Detroit, though their numbers are inflated because of playing in a weak division, are still a good team and tonight isn't gonna be a walk in the park for Edmonton.

well edmonton just got screwed twice. roloson got steamrolled, but no goalie interference call, and then the oilers had a breakaway, but it was called offside, even though detroit had brought the puck back into their own zone.

well edmonton just got screwed twice. roloson got steamrolled, but no goalie interference call, and then the oilers had a breakaway, but it was called offside, even though detroit had brought the puck back into their own zone.

Officiating has some serious flaws these playoffs. I dunno what the hell is going on. Huet for the habs has been plowed and slashed all series and only last game were there 2 goaltender interference calls out of a possible dozen the previous games. Also A LOT of calls have gone uncalled like that sever high stick to Koivu's eye and one on Markov.

I missed the 2 Detroit goals, but sometimes if an edmonton player is the reason for Roloson being plowed over then its not considered interference as it was their own fault. It has occured a lot this season. I'll rewind it on my DVR and give you my opinion after watching it :)

Sweet deal! It's been way to long for us here in the E-dot and we are finally through! I believe someone said that Detroit was ranked #1 going into the race for the cup? Not sure as I typically watch the playoffs here but regardless....the boys in blue are on their way. Wicked finish to this game/series.

And now I'm off to the bar to celebrate the sweet taste of victory!

E-Dot? Is that what they call it now? LOL lame...

anyways, what a comeback by Edmonton. Down 2-0 in the 3rd, I thought the game was over and game 7 was gonna go to Detroit, but they caught up and won 4-3

Wow! Well, the Dallas/Colorado series pitted my two favourite teams, so good stuff there. So glad that Detroit is out. Them and Toronto are her favourite teams so I can just laugh. These playoffs are so entertaining so far. Canadian teams for the cup!

Well, i think Yzerman is gonna retire for sure. after this back problem i dont see him coming back. But good year we just got out played by a team that wanted it more than Detroit (which makes me sad).

not only did they disallow a CLEAR goal, they gave anaheim a penalty when it was a flame who ran over kipper.

congrats to edmonton by the way. i left work, they were down 0-2, i get home and it's a 2-3 game.

Koharski, what a moron. The puck was in and out of the net before the interference call on Kipper. What a disgusting call.

NHL is becomming a joke. Thanks for fudging up the playoffs with your excellent officiating.

Whats even worse is that the NHL came out with a statement after the Koivu high stick saying "If we had seen it we would have called it"

There you go, the NHL admitting that its officials suck and can't see blatant penalties and make the proper calls/.