Official NHL 2005-2006 Playoff Thread

The top four seeds in the east all won their series.

The top four seeds in the west all lost to the underdogs in their series.

thats one of the craziest playoff stats i've ever seen in pro sports.

Like I said, Buffalo is going to win the Stanley Cup. No one really considered them, so I'll be ecstatic if they win (And I'm not a fan of theirs, so I didn't have any partisan pride). They are a fast team, and while Ottawa has scoring touch, they aren't physical enough to defeat Buffalo, plus a goalie that may hurt their cause.

New Jersey has been simply amazing. Carolina, while playing well lately, will falter to their offence. Cam Ward won't be able to play well enough to beat the Devils.

Same thing in the West. The teams are too close. San Jose, while defeating the Predators in 5, aren't the strongest. Thornton cannot produce in the playoffs, as has been shown in previous years. Roloson is playing exactly as they wanted when they traded for him.

Anaheim did beat Calgary's defence, but they will let in too many goals at the hands of Colorado. Bryzgalov played well- against the worst offence in the playoffs. He won't finish well against the Avs.

1. Ottawa Senators v. 4. Buffalo Sabres

2. Carolina Hurricanes v. 3. New Jersey Devils

5. San Jose Sharks v. 8. Edmonton Oilers

6. Anaheim Mighty Ducks v. 7. Colorado Avalanche

If the Devils stay hot, they will win the cup.

1. Ottawa Senators v. 4. Buffalo Sabres

2. Carolina Hurricanes v. 3. New Jersey Devils

5. San Jose Sharks v. 8. Edmonton Oilers

6. Anaheim Mighty Ducks v. 7. Colorado Avalanche

damn. Its 4-4 at the end of the 2nd period. Hopefully this will conintue for the rest of the series.

what a great game. Im recording it on the DVR as well :)

4-4 after 2. This is the first game of many of whats going to be a great series.

This game is ****ing awsome, god i wish the flames played like this not like the little bitches they were

NO WAY as if buffalo scores with 10 secs left

I wish all playoff games were like this. I wonder how fast the next goal will be scored.

edit: I got my answer 18 seconds

Wow what a thriller. Goaltending was horrendous though omg!!

When you score 6 goals and STILL manage to lose a hockey game, then there are issues with goaltending. Sabres are lucky if Miller screws up Biron is back there.

What do you do if Emery fudges up again if youre ottawa? Do you put in Morrison or hope for a miracle and Hasek comes back?

That was a wild finish. Buffalo ties the game with 11 seconds left and then scores again 18 seconds into overtime. Not a defensive masterpiece by any means.

Whooo Ducks game was fun. Bryzgalov was on fire to push the Ducks to a 5-0 shutout. Man, not since 1945 and Frank McCool since a goalie gets to consecutive playoff shutouts.

Can't wait for Game 2 :)

Saw the highlights from the Ottawa v Buffalo game. Wow must have been great to be there...and be a Buffalo fan ;)

5-0 ouch. :pinch: I watched the highlights and i thought the ducks played really well. They were very physical and very quick, bring on game 2.

And the ottawa buffalo game, wow :D

Whooo Ducks game was fun. Bryzgalov was on fire to push the Ducks to a 5-0 shutout. Man, not since 1945 and Frank McCool since a goalie gets to consecutive playoff shutouts.

It's actually a rookie goaltender to have consecutive shutouts in the playoffs :)

Anaheim took Colorado's D out for a field day. Anaheim is just too fast, and such a good passing team that the Avs defense looked like a bunch of pylons.

ForeverUnknown: Were you at the game?

Im rooting for NJ to beat Carolina after what they did tomy Habs

Yeah I was at the game. Will be at Game 2 also.

Carolina is killing NJ. 4-0 at the end of the 2nd with 2 of those a little over 30 seconds apart.

I knew the Buffalo-Ottawa series was going to be high-scoring, but that was a tad ridiculous. However, I didn't think it was a great game to watch. It was an average game, nothing really tremendous. Like I said, Buffalo is going to win the Cup. If only I bet money...

I didn't catch the Ducks-Avalanche game, but I'm surprised that Bryzgalov pointedly disobeyed my predictions and shut out the Avs.

I'm watching the Canes-Devils game right now, but it is an incredibly boring affair.