irc.neowin.net closed

Well, this is all rather unfortunate. However, if users are looking for something to tide them over until the new IRC server is up, we still have #underground on irc.stardock.com. If you need a place to relax, you are welcome there!

NOoooo

/me comits suicide

:p oh well, i hope the new servers good :yes:

i didnt even realise that anyone would care, when i go on irc there is no one on :s

Yes probablyt becuase you're misspelling irc.neowin.net to irc.noewine.com and taking you to some nigerian place where you'll be offered money from the royal family

Edited by neomilan

whats the new irc addy?

It doesn't exist. Haven't you read? It's going to take about 2 weeks to implement.

I quote from the first post of this topic

For now the server can still be accessed but no longer under irc.neowin.net address and you will have to abide by Stardock management rules.

so whats the irc address for that

I'd just like to thank the admins for giving us #neowin, had alot of good conversations, and fun in there. From WishX's music trivia games to DJ'n to just clowning around.

I'd just like to thank the admins for giving us #neowin, had alot of good conversations, and fun in there. From WishX's music trivia games to DJ'n to just clowning around.

rippy my dear rippy. you can't forget the jaeger bombs. or the table dances with AC/DC. the physics chats. the peeing. the white poop. the pubs in england. and of course. you can not forget the humps. good times.

i'm glad to have gotten to know the members on a real basis. laughed with you all. been ****ed off. had some all around good times as well as bad. and i've met some awesome people here. sad to see it go like this

i'm glad to have gotten to know the members on a real basis. laughed with you all. been ****ed off. had some all around good times as well as bad. and i've met some awesome people here. sad to see it go like this

:yes:

guys... neobond said 2 weeks or a little more.. it is not the end of the world..

It sure as hell feels like it... :unsure: you have now idea how much time us regulars are in there.

You mean the one nobody could crack security on because no cracker considered it worth their time to figure out how? ;)

Speaking as a server admin, it's been sufficient for our needs. Maybe it doesn't do things exactly the way you're used to, but that's what diversity is all about. If everyone used Unreal, life would get boring. :D

Hey, I'm a fan of the IRCX extensions to RFC1459 but that server is awful.

/me cries

/me cries even harder when she realizes the the /me command doesn't work

hopefully we can get something up soon so none of us go through withdrawl too badly!

And sadly... Some not so good ones too. :shiftyninja:

wctaiwan

Yeah, no kidding. I remember the first and only time I ventured in there. There are sometimes unsavory characters lurking on the channel, apparently.

There were several hundred thousand lines uttered in that channel over time: http://www.zen9361.zen.co.uk/sdstats/neowin/neowin.html

Wow, those are some awesome stats.

kinzo needs to get a better connection - she joined #neowin 417 times during this reporting period...

How did it know kinzo is a she? Who compiled this?

Anyway, that doesn't include a lot. All told, the number of lines is into the millions.