Neowin's Official World Cup 2006 Thread

Ronaldo diving again... I have no respect for the Portuguese team when they select players like him. It's disgusting - the sad thing is that the dive the last match was even worse!

That dive was unbelievable, he actually expected a free kic:rofl:l:

Radish?

yeah that was fun:rofl:ofl: he didnt even touch the leg. portugal foul quite a bit. apart from that it was great footie so f:) :)

I gotta say, Germany played some fantastic sportsmanship football all tournament.

Its a shame that England couldnt play as well as Germany. Id be well chuffed with 3rd.

I'm happy for Germany. Still, their defence was pretty appalling and I predicted that Portugal would score after Germany's 3rd goal (2nd minus the own goal). Portgual were a good team a lot of the time, though the theatrics of Ronaldo and a few aggressive tackles did detract from their performance.

just a 3rd place for the worlds best team :D

anyway it was most awesome game! i loved those goals by schweinstiger...such power! What disapoints me though is that germany couldnt do same for italy :(

and kahn, still best goal keeper ever :D

Where to start...... :whistle:

Amazing game. Germany always put on a good show :D

Portugal need to learn a few basic skills really i mean Ronaldo driving... Ure playing a football game here boy.

Then some of the portugues players thinking it was a hand ball twice when it wasn't.

But i'm loving it when everyone boooing Ronaldo still :D

Portugal losing twice in this world cup :D

and let's not forget the home goal :rofl:

Congrats Germany! I'm very happy for them... also have you notice the only goal from Portugal is on a play that one of them players did not dive for no reason? They should stop that diving thing and they would become a way better team

but anyhow very happy from Germans

I hope France wins tomorrow also! Vive la France

Awesome!!! Our (german) fans are amazing. They are partying since 2 hours. There are fireworks all over the places and everyone is singing. I feel like we won the world cup.

Big thanks to the team for these awesome games and for 3 weeks of dreaming to win the cup.

Stay tuned

C-A

PS: Sorry for the bad english, but i guess i had to much champagne! :D

^ Congrats for your team and enjoy the party. :D

Portugal need to learn a few basic skills really i mean Ronaldo driving... Ure playing a football game here boy.

Then some of the portugues players thinking it was a hand ball twice when it wasn't.

But i'm loving it when everyone boooing Ronaldo still :D

Portugal losing twice in this world cup :D

and let's not forget the home goal :rofl:

Yes, they lose twice during the WC.

But they beat the hell out of your team, TWICE in a row. :laugh:

No matter how bad they are, your team still WORST. :p

Seems like the one in the need of learn some skills is your team.

It was a pretty good game, indeed. Shame Figo didn't start from the beginning since we all saw the difference he made when he stepped into the field. Having said that, it was a pretty open game with both teams attacking and Portugal controlling most of the ball (believe they had 58% of possession).

Congrats to Germany on two outstanding blasts and that good goal by Nuno Gomes as well.

Now its time for the final.