Neowin's Official World Cup 2006 Thread

The best way to leave the football world, with a red card. I'm happy, I hope Zidane breaks both his legs on the way out. Cheating old ****.

What was Zidane thinking?!?! He was 10 minutes away from retiring from football as a hero! What an idiot!!!

...Well that was different. That Italian dude must have said something reeealllly dodgy for Zidane (who despite what he's just done, is still one of the most fair footballers I know).

France cant win, they just dont deserve it.

You're only saying that cause they knocked you out of the world cup...

If France win, will Zidane be allowed back on the pitch to lift the World Cup?

^^

I hope not! But i think he will be!

France cant win, they just dont deserve it.

Just because of Zidane? BS. Have you not seen some Italy's previous games? They can be just as bad.

Do you guys think he did it on purpose? To show the he isn't the only one in the team worth taking the cup? I mean, he has been a simbol of fair play for so long, why would he throw all that away because of a stupid Italian?

yea he did that on purpose, did u see the replay from how it all begin between the two players!

Do you guys think he did it on purpose? To show the he isn't the only one in the team worth taking the cup? I mean, he has been a simbol of fair play for so long, why would he throw all that away because of a stupid Italian?

I suppose in a way we can't say anything till we find out what was really said between the 2, it could have been anything....

he's their best penalty kicker though...and it's going to penalty kicks. he could have cost his team the cup.

I wonder what matzaradi said to stir zidane.

what ever was said to zidane- it must have been really bad and offensive to zidane. he has always been a cool and calm player all his career. we will find out if someone gets an interview with zidane in the next few days.

i still hope france win though. :/