Neowin's Official World Cup 2006 Thread

I'm very happy because Italy won the World Cup.

But I'm even happier because Zidane got kicked out and didn't even appear to receive his medal.

Today is a great day.

Zidane dont even happear to receive the medal :laugh:

Glorious way to finish a carrier :laugh:

I don't pretend to know much about the game of Soccer... but that headbutt would be (I think) akin to slasing / high sticking someone in Hockey, after already having a 2min minor, and a 5min major penalty. I know that Soccer is more strict (and hockey should get that way) but there was NO reason for a person sent off to be allowed to get 'glory' of the medal presentation. Send the medal to his house in a brown cardboard box, and let him be happy he get it at all.

Very good game and wow Zidane... didn't need to do that on your last day of football :rofl:

I'm very happy because Italy won the World Cup.

But I'm even happier because Zidane got kicked out and didn't even appear to receive his medal.

Today is a great day.

Yes !

Zidane .. Nice way to end your career .........

Ownage is not being permitted to pick up your Silver medal and of course Italy winning the World Cup.

Viva Azzurri Italia 2006 World Cup Champions

Zidane will always be the best, no matter what.

:laugh:

He be known as the person who was kicked off the football pitch in the world cup finals.. yesturdays news by tomorrow morning :whistle:

check out the hotties in the back!

Mmmmm, long tanned sexy legs :happy:

Shame about Zidane, France would have had it in the bag with him.

Kudos to Italy for winning (Y)

Radish?

Mmmmm, long tanned sexy leg:happy:y:

Just about to say damm THEY ARE SMOKIN:woot:t:

Zidane's moment of madness has soured a magical career, but for all that he still deserves all the accolades that great players deserve! Well done to Italy, on balance they probably deserved to win, and win they did!

It was no excuse for Zidane to give a headbutt but he did get sort of grabbed/touched... You don't do that to a tired and desperate FIFA player, it will provoke them, especially when Zidane himself was so close from scoring.

I just think its sad as hell that he did that, at least have him retire surrounded by his team, not alone fkn leaving the place like some guy. He remains one of the best players alive today.

As for Italy, Congrats! They deserved it, its been over 20 years since they won.

Yes the Italians dive, but they were a solid group from the start and deserved to win. I am glad the French are out as they don't take a backseat to anyone when it comes to theatrics. Congrats! Can't wait for the 2010 thread so I can argue with l3thal and all you other speedo supporting fans.

Cheers

no! idane cant be forgiven...he cost france a well deserved victory against an obviously weaker oponent. ahh but well sh*t happens :)