WLMessenger Beta Gift

Why don't you go to Microsoft Canada's Headquarters in Mississauga Ontario, which is 30 minutes away from Toronto. ;)

I live in Mississauga :rofl:, but I doubt they will have any bags there :unsure:.

Why don't you go to Microsoft Canada's Headquarters in Mississauga Ontario, which is 30 minutes away from Toronto. ;)
If only it were that easy.... It's quite difficult to get in Microsoft Canada! You can't even open the front door without buzzing a secretary, and they have to be expecting you, or they won't let you in. All of the doors are controlled by swipe cards, so even if you got in, you couldn't go anywhere.

By the way, I do realize the idea wasn't serious... :D

And in other news, am still waiting for the gift here in Waterloo region :(.

Very nice buildings in the Redmond Campus. They have a pond, too. With fish. And free pop.

Three of my parents' friends work there, so I got a mini tour last year. :)

Anyway, nothing here in Vancouver yet. I really do hope we get something eventually.

Brampton Ontario here, still no bag, I just hope that since Canada has such a small population compared to the US which leads to a smaller number of MSN testers we'd get something better :p I'm fine with a bag though.

I'm almost certain it's from Microsoft Canada, as not a lot of packages come from Mississagua. At least for me. If it is from them, they cared enough to send it through Xpresspost instead of regular parcel.

UPDATE...

I emailed MSN support today because I was having problems with WLM, and in a P.S. I asked when the Canadian testers were going to get there gifts...

and this is what I got back...

"I see that you would like to know when Canadian Beta Testers for Windows Live will receive their digital gift. Adam, a date has not been specified yet, soon you will receive your gift at the e-mail address you specified when you signed up as a Beta tester. Please feel confident that every customer and tester is valuable at MSN and Windows Live."

This made me confused?? What do they mean digital gift? Are we not getting a laptop bag?? Maybe she didn't understand that I was a connect tester.. even thought I told her.. oO

Everyone has been replying that they did/did not get it or did their lap fit in it. But has anyone looked at the expense of the bag vs. our time spent testing?

I estimate that the bag cost $5-6 to make (on the high side) and cost $4.75 usps parcel post to get to me. That is at the most $10.75 gift for a non-os beta gift.

Now think about how many bags are being distributed....at least thousands.

Rather nice if you ask me.

Don't get me wrong, I love it. I just use it for my books for college. It comes in handy when my other laptop bag is full of junk. I've had at least 4 people at work and in class try to buy it off of me, but I like it too much.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, but CP has 7 days at most delivery time to major cities, and Australians have received them almost a month ago (about 3 - 4 weeks ago). Now I do agree that it may take a while (Webcams took about 2 weeks longer for me), but this is just ridiculous. Also, we were asked to fill our address in 3 months ago.

This is weird, people in the US got it, but not canada.... Australia to US and canada is not very different....

Comeon WLM Team send us canadians some stuff :) After all we are the kings of "eh?"

LOL :)