Fastest You've ever been in your car?

I had an '84 Toyota Celica GT....the speedo stopped at 130 mph and I had it buried, so I would say I was probably going 130-140 mph LOL was mostly flat highway with a slight downhill grade....took awhile to get up to that speed hehehe :wacko:

153mph in my SRT-4

135mph in a friend's 330i(he wanted to know the top speed but was too chicken to do it himself)

130mph in my old 98 Ford Taurus SHO

125mph in a Crown Vic w/ police interceptor (patrol car)

For clarification, I usually don't speed, in fact I've never had a ticket. This was all done over 13 yrs of driving, some on a controlled course or on the autobahn while I was stationed in Germany.

Actually, it's the person applying lip stick, talking on the phone, adjusting the radio with a cup of coffee in there lap that you have to worry about.

I'd rather see some going a over the speed limit that is alert, watching the road ahead of them, then the majority of drivers I see today who seem to think they have to do everything but drive when they are behind the wheel.

People are so quick to assume its not on a track, theres drag strips in nevada to Alphanumeric!

I'm sure there are, but why not mention that??

I bet you 95% of these posts are referring to the road and not a track.

Who would take a Mazda Tribute to a race track anyhow.

Top speed i ever did was in my nissan primera 180km/h it wouldnt go any faster lol and started to cut back, if it went to 200 i prob would have done that speed :no:

Actually, it's the person applying lip stick, talking on the phone, adjusting the radio with a cup of coffee in there lap that you have to worry about.

I'd rather see some going a over the speed limit that is alert, watching the road ahead of them, then the majority of drivers I see today who seem to think they have to do everything but drive when they are behind the wheel.

I agree with you there. If you watch these police chase videos, the person driving at crazy speeds tends to drive pretty damn well, unless they're drunk or on drugs, and only really mess up when they try to run, or the police attack them. People who are unalert are a far greater hazard to the road, in my opinion.

~160 on highway (for several minutes, straight, empty, dry road with extremely good visibility), ~180 track sustained (not myself driving)

I generally drive 10-20 over the speed limit on average. Sometimes go up to 100 to pass. Very rarely drive over.

Yes I agree, but these people aren't travelling at stupid speeds.

What happens is someone is driving to fast and a kid runs out on the road, they not going to have enough time to stop even if they are alert.

Having never broke a speed limit ever... 70MPH on dual carriageway. Off topic - what are the speed limits in the USA?

Around 65-70 average

Who would take a Mazda Tribute to a race track anyhow.

U dissin' my car?

~160 on highway (for several minutes, straight, empty, dry road with extremely good visibility), ~180 track sustained (not myself driving)

I generally drive 10-20 over the speed limit on average. Sometimes go up to 100 to pass. Very rarely drive over.

I go like 10 over average

I was driving the 525i and my dad the 330i at 225km/h sustained. It was on a very narrow two-lane highway with no shoulder lanes and we were driving side to side. That was fun. During that trip we were stopped by the "Policia Federal de Caminos" so they could ask us questions about the performance of our cars instead of giving us a ticket.

2002 Cadillac Escalade: 121MPH

2007 Cadillac Escalade: 105MPH

1993 Saturn SL: 136MPH

we havnt pushed the 07 Escalade, we were just passing somebody when we reached that speed....engine reving at 5K RPM, pulling a 17' long motercycle trailor...it got some looks haha.

170Km/H on the Yellowhead highway heading towards Jasper National Park in Canada. Freaked me out when we hit a dip in the road and it felt as if we got lift-off.

I think the fastest I've gone is like 110 MPH but I try to avoid any sort of major speeding because my insurance is already butt-rapingly high and our highway patrol is pretty thick.