Windows Media Player 11 Beta 2

can somebody post a direct download link, if that's allowed?

it seems like beta2 is out for us consumers only, when I click to download it redirects me to a local ms site which only has beta 1.

Currently, it is not possible to sync album art from Windows Media Player 11 to the following devices:

SanDisk Sansa e200 Series MP3 Players

man that sucks.

ahhh damn i was hoping they would fix that

Does anybody know how to make Beta 2 start with Now Playing everytime, mine starts off with the Library. :(

Another thing, if I move my mouse over the Sync, Burn, etc buttons, they doen't unhighlight after I move the mouse away, :/

I love the new icons. Still torn between this and iTunes because I have an iPod but I love the WMP interface. :(

you could try wmPod plugin. it lets you sync you ipod in wmp.

has anyone noticed the "Turn on DirectX video acceleration" option. go to the perrformance tab on options then click advanced under video acceleration. im sure this wasnt in beta 1 does this mean there will be new and good visualizations?

Awesome update!! Thanks Microsoft. Its runs fast. UI is cleaned up though im gonna have to get used to the new compact mode button which used to change to skin mode. I had a mini.wmz skin from old days that i had been using, lets hope i can carry on to this build.

Wow, WMP11 Beta 2 is crashing a LOT for me and will not play half my mp3's... Will try reverting back to WMP10 and re-installing.

EDIT 1: Uninstalled BETA2 and then BETA1 reverting back to WMP10. Whole collection is working now. Running Windows XP MCE 05. Will now try going from WMP10 to WMP11 Beta 2.

EDIT 2: Having the same problem as before now that I installled Beta 2. For half of my collection, either it says it can't play the file, or the program locks up with wmvcore.dll being the problem.

Edited by littlepitel

i liked wmp 11 beta 1, except that it messed up file transfer to my Zen Microphoto. does this fix that problem?

ive read a lot of positive things, but also a lot of negative things about this build. i think im just going to wait until the final is released.

Wow, WMP11 Beta 2 is crashing a LOT for me and will not play half my mp3's... Will try reverting back to WMP10 and re-installing.

Exactly what I'm having. WMVCore crashing?

pjak/other people noticing the filetype icons: Those were added in response to user feedback. Glad you guys like them. :)

Bawx: to disable the toolbar (deskband) pop-up (or just change it) set the value of DeskbandFlyoutTimeout under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences. It's a REG_DWORD value: 0 turns that off, the default is 5000, and the value is in milliseconds. 0xffffffff keeps it up always. Also added due to user feedback.

All: The player is meant to install cleanly on top of any previous valid release. You do not need to uninstall/reinstall - I work to avoid you guys having to do that. If that (an uninstall first) ever is of interest/needed, the installer will explicitly let you know about it.

littlepitel/Tom W: What crash bucket? http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket will help you get that number.

<3

speaking for myself only, as always

i dont like the icon.. it's good they are seperated with titles (like my GIF, JPG, PNG etc..), but i don't like them..

Yes, that's the problem for some files, wmvcore.dll

Are you running Windows MCE?

I am indeed.

pjak/other people noticing the filetype icons: Those were added in response to user feedback. Glad you guys like them. :)

Bawx: to disable the toolbar (deskband) pop-up (or just change it) set the value of DeskbandFlyoutTimeout under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences. It's a REG_DWORD value: 0 turns that off, the default is 5000, and the value is in milliseconds. 0xffffffff keeps it up always. Also added due to user feedback.

All: The player is meant to install cleanly on top of any previous valid release. You do not need to uninstall/reinstall - I work to avoid you guys having to do that. If that (an uninstall first) ever is of interest/needed, the installer will explicitly let you know about it.

littlepitel/Tom W: What crash bucket? http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket will help you get that number.

<3

speaking for myself only, as always

Fault bucket 00000003. Cheers :)

Same thing here, wmvcore.dll crashes during scan. Running MCE. Weird! :|

Try playing a song in MCE then...mid song you get the crash and then:

---------------------------

Media Center

Media Center has lost its remote connection to Media Player and needs to be restarted.

OK

Doesn't this stuff get tested before being released publicly? I'm not trying to have a go Zach but this is pretty poor even for beta. Can you guys get this pulled or re-issued as there's gonna be a lot of media center guys installing this.

Tom: what's the file version of mfplat.dll on your system? The release notes may already cover your case: if mfplat.dll was locked during install (which would be true for almost all MCE systems), you required a reboot, but we weren't able to install the networking service fully. A reinstall of the player may fix this up. That's all rel-noted....

What's the rest of the fault information - the original bucket (the one without the number, it'll have the faulting module name, version, etc) may be of interest. Fault bucket 0000003 sadly isn't directly useful.