Vista RC2 released

Functionality? Are you serious? It provides no functional advantage. And, as you point out, the act of maximizing a window inherently focuses you on that window. Hence, there's no need for additional focus, since the ENTIRE SCREEN is filled with the window anyway. Besides, based on your argument, all focused windows (maximized or not) should be opaque to reduce the amount of "background" you can see through that window. Clear, confident, confused?

yep, as serious as one should be for arguing about silly translucent vs. opaque maximized windows should be. so, i may be serious but i'm losing no sleep over it which is definitely something a lot of you seem to be doing because you can't see your background and misc. open windows underneath the borders of a maximized window. there's no need for additional focus? to me (and thanks to those who have reason enough to concur with me here) it actually takes back from the point of maximizing a window when you can see w/e is directly underneath the borders. and based on my argument, i don't imply anything regarding a non-maximized window needing to be opaque. if you have a million windows open and you wanna switch between them, then there's no need for them to be a) opaque and b) maximized as you're multitasking to some extent, whereas maximizing a window (and correct me if i'm wrong) is intended to supplement focus to a singular app's window rather than allowing you to view multiple windows interchangeable without having to move all the way to the taskbar and select that windows button to pop it in front of the maximized window.

so, to recap:

does it matter? apparently it does to those of you who are whining like little 5yr olds who got the grape flavored sucker at the bank with your mommy when you wanted the strawberry one. i don't really care either way, i just understand why they made it like that and appreciate that, and it's honestly been a bit more 'focused' when i have maximized a window

am i arguing with anyone? nope. i'm (surprisingly) defending microsoft's decision on this one. i like it, sorry if you guys don't.. i hope they implement a way to change it to be just like normal translucent windows or back to opaque so that everyone can get a proper night's sleep again.

clear? confident? confused?? who, me? yep, yep, and nope (respectively). i got a full night's sleep about this and didn't have my whole day ruined by the fact that i got a grape sucker also, when i wanted the mystery flavor.

;)

Nope, no new sounds or UI changes. :(

Sounds and boot logo are going to be there for RTM. So there is still some interest and wonderment left for the final. ;)

thanks! that link works perfect

Holy Crap :blink:

So it does! Go and get it everyone!

Can someone provide an MD5/SHA1 hash? :)

Signatures of the ISO file:

32-Bit

MD5 hash: 83cee5f1642d094670147c5350c57762

SHA1 hash: 067CA4F94D001DE6276F08F76EF0780592B64BFD