NHL Hockey Thread

Hey

Does anyone know where I can get an Edmonton Oilers Jersey thats about 4-5XL? The largest I can find is 2XL. Its for a friend, and they like their cloths to be baggy.

Leafs lose again, it's awesome. :D

As a Toronto citizen, I move that all hockey games be limited to two periods from now on. Actually, it should be retroactive as well.

As a Toronto citizen, I move that all hockey games be limited to two periods from now on. Actually, it should be retroactive as well.

I concur :p

I'm losing faith in these leafs, they show no character falling apart and losing leads every 3rd period.

As a HOCKEY fan, I move that the Hockey Hall of Fame be moved out of Toronto, as it makes no sense to leave the Stanley Cup in a city that'll never again see it paraded through its downtown streets.

Could you be anymore annoying. Oh wait your a Montreal fan...no you can't

I'm not the member of a fanbase with the constant delusions that thinks their team will win the Cup every season. There's a reason the Leafs are the most hated team in hockey. They're the NHL's New York Yankees, without the championships.

I'm not the member of a fanbase with the constant delusions that thinks their team will win the Cup every season. There's a reason the Leafs are the most hated team in hockey. They're the NHL's New York Yankees, without the championships.

39 years and continuing...Second longest drought in NHL history. :D

Montreal fans rioted when one of their players was suspended. Three dozen or so people were injured and there were carbecues galore.

Edited by Fred Derf

most hated team in hockey :blink: :blink: are u for real?

I guess being a Montreal fan has nothing to do with ur comment, right? :no: :rofl: :pinch: :p

X@vier

Bruins rookie Kessel has surgery for cancer

Dec. 13, 2006. 01:00 AM

MONTREAL?Bruins centre Phil Kessel, the fifth overall pick in the NHL draft last spring, has undergone "cancer-related surgery" and is recovering in Boston.

However, Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli would not confirm yesterday a report from a Boston TV station that said the 19-year-old had testicular cancer.

He said the surgery was performed Monday.

"At the beginning of this week, Phil had cancer-related surgery," Chiarelli said. "He's progressing well and we'll have follow-up information upon the wishes of the family. I spoke to him. He's in very good spirits."

Kessel's family issued a statement that said the rookie centre was absent from the team with a "health issue" and asked that their privacy on the matter be respected.

Agent Wade Arnott told the Boston Globe that Kessel had unspecified cancer surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital and that he was "resting in Boston and on the road to recovery."

Chiarelli could give no timeline on how long Kessel will be out of action. He missed his first game last night against the Montreal Canadiens.

Chiarelli said coach Dave Lewis has addressed Kessel's injury with the other players. "Dave's had a series of meetings and some of the guys have talked to Phil," he said. "They handled it internally.

"They're a good bunch of guys. Each team has their own way of handling it, but these guys have done a good job of it, as has Phil."

Kessel, a native of Madison, Wis., has five goals and four assists in 27 games.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentSe...th=Sports/Index

most hated team in hockey :blink: :blink: are u for real?

I guess being a Montreal fan has nothing to do with ur comment, right? :no: :rofl: :pinch: :p

X@vier

Don't delude yourself! The entire West Coast hates the Maple Leafs, as do Montreal and Ottawa fans!

Don't delude yourself! The entire West Coast hates the Maple Leafs, as do Montreal and Ottawa fans!

I think your probably just referring to Canadian cities.

And Toronto knows all other Canadian cities hate them. We just take it as jealousy because they live in economically depressed cities.

LETS GET BACK TO NHL DISCUSSION ALREADY

Leafs ended their losing streak last night with a win against Tampa. Pretty good game i would add.

Sidney Crosby scored six points tonight to take over the NHL scoring lead, with fewer games than the rest and a higher points-per-game average. I knew this kid would do better than Ovechkin this year.