Get @live.com, @live.co.uk NOW!

So replace the whole address bar with this code? I did that and nothing happens.....

and please don't get mad at me, this is a tech fourm, you should help people, not flame them...

Are you going to the Sign Up page first? You have to paste in the code when you're on the form fill-in page. The domain drop down menu should then refresh into whatever you just listed inside the javascript line. Also remember to change "java script" to "javascript" in the pasted line.

Did we not learn anything last time? The last glitch is why they aren't officially available now, because people took other peoples usernames, so Microsoft had to find a new way. Don't do this guys, it will cause more pain for us. If you ask me, it's selfish, someone probably wanted those emails who probably had a me@hotmail.com or god@hotmail.com and actually used it.

Did we not learn anything last time? The last glitch is why they aren't officially available now, because people took other peoples usernames, so Microsoft had to find a new way. Don't do this guys, it will cause more pain for us. If you ask me, it's selfish, someone probably wanted those emails who probably had a me@hotmail.com or god@hotmail.com and actually used it.

I'll be switching to the one I just got. I've already changed everything for the live.com site :)

Are you going to the Sign Up page first? You have to paste in the code when you're on the form fill-in page. The domain drop down menu should then refresh into whatever you just listed inside the javascript line. Also remember to change "java script" to "javascript" in the pasted line.

hey thanks, for the needed info, it helped a lot, and i finaly got it!

I'll be switching to the one I just got. I've already changed everything for the live.com site

Same. I Swapped from my old hotmail to my new @live.com when i received my account via the last loop hole. Got everything transfered, I'll be majorly angry if they decide to delete the @live.com accounts from the last loop hole and this new one when they do actually launch.

If you move over from name@hotmail.com to name@live.com, does the old Hotmail address become available again after a certain amount of time, if you don't use it?

If you've upgraded to Windows Live Mail, it won't (I mean the service, not address).

Listen to me: it will save you and everyone else pain if you wait for your email address to be converted, because

1. Microsoft will forward your old messages from Hotmail to your new account, which IIRC can't be done with normal service
  2. You're stealing addresses that belong to other people
  3. We'll have to wait another 5 months for Microsoft to once again figure out a new plan.
  4. Isn't it a waste to register 20 email accounts tat will just collect spam (because they're obvious email addresses) and won't actually be used? I mean, who would actually take the time to maintain more than 20 email addresses? 3 is a lot of work for me: gmail, hotmail, and an ISP email.

Just something to think about. I'm done complaining now.

That's a very good point. Good to see someone thinking about of the box. :)

If you've upgraded to Windows Live Mail, it won't (I mean the service, not address).

Listen to me: it will save you and everyone else pain if you wait for your email address to be converted, because

1. Microsoft will forward your old messages from Hotmail to your new account, which IIRC can't be done with normal service
  2. You're stealing addresses that belong to other people
  3. We'll have to wait another 5 months for Microsoft to once again figure out a new plan.
  4. Isn't it a waste to register 20 email accounts tat will just collect spam (because they're obvious email addresses) and won't actually be used? I mean, who would actually take the time to maintain more than 20 email addresses? 3 is a lot of work for me: gmail, hotmail, and an ISP email.

Just something to think about. I'm done complaining now.

Can we do like @microsoft.com or @msdn.com by changing/adding domains from the javascript?

Anyone tried it?

yes, but for the 1000nd time they are useless because you can only register them and do nothing with it.

How do you know microsoft is converting hotmail to live? Do you have a source on that?