Official MacWorld Keynote Thread

I think its gonna be pretty expensive. think about it. The 8GB nano is around ?180. So it will be more than that. add to that, its also a phone with a 2MP camera and a touchscreen. I've got a feeling around ?250 or maybe even ?300+.

Sorry, didn't mean to be rude.

Most comapnies, especially technology and hardware companies, brand everything they make with a logo. Apple brands everything they make. Even the little USB ends on their mice have an Apple logo. I have pens a remote and all kinds of stuff at work with an Apple logo. So, it's weird that their most popular and mainstream product doesn't actually have an Apple logo on it, or at least, on the front where it's clearly visible. You'd think, for the elite few who don't know who makes iPod, that Apple would want them to know, at first glance, who made it.

From a marketing perspective it's very strange.

I think apple takes a different perspective, rather than branding the BRAND image, they brand the product, obviously you dont see an apple icon on the front of all their products, but when you see and Apple product you know its apple, you look at an ipod and you automatically recognize its an ipod (by apple) same goes with imac and all others, plus, they made "white products" and i-products theirs already.

For those of you saying it looks big -- it's less than 1/2 inch thick. That's smaller than a Razr, if I remember correctly.

Nah. It's a little bit thicker than a half-inch. 11/16ths, I believe.

From a marketing perspective it's very strange.

It probably has an Apple logo on the back, like the iPod.

Enough about that iPhone already, I want to hear about Mac OS X Leopard!

Only when it works.... But when it doesn't.... Hold down your breath, man. TERRIBLE support!

I noticed on your sig that you have the 2.16 MBP C2D. I have the exact same one with 2gb ram and such. I haven't had any problems yet. Mine is about 5 weeks old now.

They said somewhere earlier that it was 11mm. The RAZR is 16mm I believe.

Edit: No, you're right. I looked back and it definitely says 11/16s which is more than 11mm. That's 17.5 mm so it's still about the same as a RAZR, and extrememly small for a smart phone.

Apparently, one of the rumours about the iPhone was that it would be unlocked by default to work on any network.

I'm impressed with Apple, the interface looks great and the product is sleek.

Radish?

Nah. It's a little bit thicker than a half-inch. 11/16ths, I believe.

Whoops, read it wrong.

Edit: Wait, no, I didn't... it's 11.6mm... that's less than 1/2 inch.

I think its gonna be pretty expensive. think about it. The 8GB nano is around ?180. So it will be more than that. add to that, its also a phone with a 2MP camera and a touchscreen. I've got a feeling around ?250 or maybe even ?300+.

If that's true, then I'm sorry, but it's bad.

The Zune cost me ?150

The Archos 604 WiFi costs ?250, and what it lacks in features and style it makes up for in capacity. But thatt can do internet and email!