Official MacWorld Keynote Thread

They said somewhere earlier that it was 11mm. The RAZR is 16mm I believe.

Edit: No, you're right. I looked back and it definitely says 11/16s which is more than 11mm. That's 17.5 mm so it's still about the same as a RAZR, and extrememly small for a smart phone.

Oh, wow, it is. MacRumors reported it wrongly. It's 11.6mm thin. Jeebus. :omg:

Apparently, one of the rumours about the iPhone was that it would be unlocked by default to work on any network.

I'm impressed with Apple, the interface looks great and the product is sleek.

Radish?

If that is true then it will be on release in the UK on any network, Sweet!

If that's true, then I'm sorry, but it's bad.

The Zune cost me ?150

The Archos 604 WiFi costs ?250, and what it lacks in features and style it makes up for in capacity. But evethati> can do internet and email!

thats just my thoughts though, considering its basically a 8GB nano, a high end phone and a proper Internet browser (not a crappy mobile one) all in one with a touchscreen aswell (and running OSX).

If that's true, then I'm sorry, but it's bad.

The Zune cost me ?150

The Archos 604 WiFi costs ?250, and what it lacks in features and style it makes up for in capacity. But evethati> can do internet and email!

Price yet? I shelled out alot of money for my 8800 Sirocco a few months ago but based on Ipod prices i would expect the iPhone to be around ?350 UK at least!

I doubt it, Verizon wont change to GSM and they are the largest provider by a HUGE margin in the USA... Verizon dictates the market in this case, not apple, if anything happened verizon would tell apple to make a CDMA phone, not the other way around

Verizon is 2nd largest

Cingular became 1st when they bought ATT

but the rest you say is is exactly how it would happen

I think apple takes a different perspective, rather than branding the BRAND image, they brand the product, obviously you dont see an apple icon on the front of all their products, but when you see and Apple product you know its apple, you look at an ipod and you automatically recognize its an ipod (by apple) same goes with imac and all others, plus, they made "white products" and i-products theirs already.

Good point. Maybe the iPod needs no further branding than it's own design.

I really like this iPhone, it seems like the one device i have always wanted. The only thing is the price will undoubtedly make it prohibitive. I am already on cingular, but i want the phone unlocked direct from Apple.

Ahh so it was 11 mm like I thought. I knew I saw that somewhere but then when I looked back at the MacRumors live feed it definitey says 11/16". Ahh well, lets hope the 11mm number is right!

I noticed on your sig that you have the 2.16 MBP C2D. I have the exact same one with 2gb ram and such. I haven't had any problems yet. Mine is about 5 weeks old now.

Mine is not Core 2 Duo. I had two motherboard replacements, three times fans and one time hard drive. My MacBook had one time HD replacement. Not all, iMac had a fan replacement too. :(

I have a feeling Mac fans would say that even if he wore a tank top and sweat pants.

Of course, although I'm a Steve Fan, not much of a Mac fan ;)