Official MacWorld Keynote Thread

I find it very strange why Apple changes its name. Like it moves its main business (computers) to something else and I dislike it kinda. The Mac always has been Apple's headproduct and now they're shifting to the iPod/iPhone?

And it's MacWorld, what does Apple tv and iPhone have to do with Mac? Just call it AppleWorld or something then.

Someone here said that because rumours were so wide about this MacWorld that a lot of people are a bit disappointed. The rumours were mostly about the iPhone and Apple tv. Apple lived up to that. But nothing on Leopard or iLife or iWork?! That's why people are disappointed. I begin to fear we won't be seeing Leopard any time soon, maybe by the end of the year...

exactly . . people don't seem to realise this is iphone gen 1, iPhone will be redesigned with many updates over the next few years with "improvements". . expect the iphone nano, iphone for cdma networks, and . . . iphone shuffle (calls your contacts randomly :p )

I also wonder when apple will release a new Ipod with everything minus the phone stuff, and a large 100gig hd.

I was also hoping for leopard, and updated macbook pro's with better gfx and santarosa motherboards

Whats this....

How are they going to leave out all the "early adaopters". How dare they do such a thing. How can they update a product that i just payed $600 for only a year after they released it. I cant belive this, they are screwing all of us who bought it by updating it with better features. If they had an S in their name i would totally put a "$" at every chance i could get. I would feel sooo great just sticking it to them like that. Screw you apple im never going to buy another one of your products, how dare you update.

Some of the features are cool on this device, but only Cingular would hurt Apple. I would not pay $500 for such device. In addition, multi-touch is not the original idea from Apple.

Apple might have created something that is cool, but not a must have. Limiting the product to Cingular and the price would not favor this product. I am not switching from Verizon until someone else has better coverage.

Now, to AppleTV. I like the product. It has potential, but it is limited to itunes video format. I don't buy any thing from services that has DRM product. I would like to see AppleTV be able to play majority of the video format especially Xvid and Divx.

In addition, multi-touch is not the original idea from Apple.

Yea, I saw that a little while back. Still, I believe it was rumored that Apple was going to integrate this in a product shortly after that demo was shown.

I think you can use mp3 and if you convert the video files to the one compatible with ipod.

But wouldn't the iPod video format look horrible on a big screen HDTV? Or does Apple sell HD versions of their videos on iTunes?

I don't think you can buy HD content form itunes yet.

Well there goes any excitement I had for this product, down the drain. I'll be interested when they at least provide content for the widescreen tvs that they "require" to use this product.

Until then I'll keep my eye on IPTV on the Xbox 360 since I already have one. Save me some money.

Im not trying to back up anyone/company.. but what do you call these posts? Why dont you quote both of them say what you said.. :rolleyes:

Not that it matters, but it was the same reason why I only quoted .Neo's post the second time....I just felt like it.

I'll be interested when they at least provide content for the widescreen tvs that they "require" to use this product.

Where do you get the idea that a widescreen TV is required? All it requires is a TV with HDMI or component video. My current TV (which is not HDTV or widescreen) has component inputs, so I could use the AppleTV with it.

edit: nevermind, I just read the tech specs, and it does require a widescreen TV. That kinda sucks. Oh well.

Damned I can't play the Keynotes video, Quicktime just seems to load forever, anyone willing to share the video in another format? for windows...yuck!

I'm just loving Steve Jobs's speeches. I can't tell you how many time i've played the 7 min clip of the iphone introduction over at news.com.

I want to see the full version !!!!

But wouldn't the iPod video format look horrible on a big screen HDTV? Or does Apple sell HD versions of their videos on iTunes?

iTMS videos are now 640x480, same vertical resolution as a DVD

the phone sure looks nice. it will be nice if in the future they have a whole product line... that includes some phones that are cheaper with less features... a smaller form factor version would be nice too... one that is just as sleek but not so tall and wide you know. anyway - it will be interesting to see where they go with this. i just bought a phone and started a new Cingular account last week. so in two years when its time to upgrade my phone - it would be nice to have a few from apple to choose from...

i just bought a phone and started a new Cingular account last week. so in two years when its time to upgrade my phone - it would be nice to have a few from apple to choose from...

I've had a Cingular account for many years now, and my next upgrade is due this coming September (will be glad to finally get rid of this Samsung phone that I've had for over a year now). I'm starting saving up for the iPhone now, since it will be out (and maybe have a small price reduction) by the time I'm eligible for my upgrade!

iTMS videos are now 640x480, same vertical resolution as a DVD

Hmm so would the content then be stretched to fit the widescreen format? Or would there be black bars automatically put in the sides? Something about this product and the lack of HD content available just doesn't sit right with me.

this iPhone, i dont know why everyone is going crazy over it...the features it has, have been out for a long time now...only thing i am impressed with, is the multi touch features, and the voicemail thing...thats it...my phone does everything plus more then that iPhone does...i currently own an HTC TyTn and HTC Wizard, and they both do more!

I want an ipod like that, but with out the phone, with at lease a 80GB storage.... may be even 100GB

Think of the iPhone like a iPod Nano. It has just enough storage for the average consumer's entire music collection. I think they did it this way so they can keep it as flash memory so people dont have to worry as much about a hard drive's sensitivity in their phones.

Think of the iPhone like a iPod Nano. It has just enough storage for the average consumer's entire music collection. I think they did it this way so they can keep it as flash memory so people dont have to worry as much about a hard drive's sensitivity in their phones.

i know, i said i wish they could move this disign over top the ipod, just WITHOUT the phone part....

i know, i said i wish they could move this disign over top the ipod, just WITHOUT the phone part....

Well, I don't think anyone's disagreeing now. The iPhone seals it, this will be the next iPod design. More or less.