Official MacWorld Keynote Thread

the price is ok, we had nokia phons that cost the same but are way less powerful and not thaaat old now.

though... it's only available in 4GB and 8GB which is a shame, if you think of it showing widescreen vids... you wanna USE that...

it should have 10 and 20 GB at least... a 30GB version would be what i'd buy.

hope they update it very soon after it releases in europe.

i need more space... that's all im worried about. other than that, this baby rocks!!! :o

i wouldnt have expected it to be that nice.

still wondering what "desktop-class apps" means in detail... any1 knows?

this is the really exciting part...

-fm

IMO, they shoulda made a cheaper one without, say, OSX. Nothing against OSX, I just don't need an OS on my phone. Stick Safari on there, with the capabilities of an iPod, and obviously phone functionality and I'd be set. $499 is way too much for a phone. I was really looking forward to it too :(

-Spenser

Exactly. Maybe some people do, but I'm one of the ones who don't want a jack of all trades item. I already have a phone which does what it was meant for--make calls. But my aging 3G iPod is begging me to put it to rest. Give me an 80GB widescreen iPod and I'll be fine.

The iPhone is cool and all, but where the hell was one more thing?

I demand my money back, I thought this was supposed to be a year of many exciting new products, not just one awesome one

Exactly. Maybe some people do, but I'm one of the ones who don't want a jack of all trades item. I already have a phone which does what it was meant for--make calls. But my aging 3G iPod is begging me to put it to rest. Give me an 80GB widescreen iPod and I'll be fine.

im not sure, but i bet PORTING an OS is cheaper and easier than creating a whole new one.

-fm

Apple totally impressed me on that one... this phone is totally awesome... :|

But still, the concept is nice, but the usability is not fully here,

8GB is not enough for a video player...

The cost is too high for a phone...

At this point I don't understands where the "phone" in the name is taken...

The amazing thing is how this would look as the 6Gen iPod if they remove the phone and useless stuff and just keep the interface system and with a 100GB HDD...

But the Apple TV thing look like a joke with the ridiculous 40GB drive and the DAMN useless remote...

Price is outragous imo

And if you think of it.... all the other major brands on the market can release something similar and I'm sure with better specs and prices

not that I think they should release something similar, that iphone is a very niche product by it looks

I didn't refer to anything about OS X. :s

i accidently quoted your message instead of stifler6478's:

"IMO, they shoulda made a cheaper one without, say, OSX. Nothing against OSX, I just don't need an OS on my phone. Stick Safari on there, with the capabilities of an iPod, and obviously phone functionality and I'd be set. $499 is way too much for a phone. I was really looking forward to it too

-Spenser"

;)

-fm

My argument and Giga's were basically the same, I just mentioned OSX. A lot of people don't need a jack of all trades device, and it would cut the cost for the consumer if there were versions that weren't. Highly disappointed.

-Spenser

A PHONE

THAT PLAYS ****ING MUSIC

HOLY CRAP

how do they come up with this stuff

But where else can you get a phone that plays music AND has DRM to make your music purchases pretty much useless anywhere except on your phone?

btw is the phone bluetooth or wifi or both?

But where else can you get a phone that plays music AND has DRM to make your music purchases pretty much useless anywhere except on your phone?

btw is the phone bluetooth or wifi or both?

as if it just played drm-ed music... also videos, movies, widescreen, safari as real complete web browser... and even more..

both: wifi and bluetooth ;)

-fm

Expect iPhone nano for those who is looking for more of a simplier, less coslty alternative in 2008

Expect iPhone nano for those who is looking for more of a simplier, less coslty alternative in 2008

exactly . . people don't seem to realise this is iphone gen 1, iPhone will be redesigned with many updates over the next few years with "improvements". . expect the iphone nano, iphone for cdma networks, and . . . iphone shuffle (calls your contacts randomly :p )

I also wonder when apple will release a new Ipod with everything minus the phone stuff, and a large 100gig hd.

I was also hoping for leopard, and updated macbook pro's with better gfx and santarosa motherboards

I still can't figure that out because Verizon's latest count has them at 61.4 Million sub's...

wait hold on I just figured it out.... those numbers are USA only, Verizon actually has a TON more then just the USA ones and Cingular is also aggregating AT&T wireless users in their numbers also!..... so two companies are gona have more then one with their size...

You do know that Cingular merged with AT&T Wireless and kept the Cingular name, right? Personally, I am glad Apple chose Cingular to be the service provider for the iPhone.

It looks like they have missed the Spring 2006 window, can't believe they did not even show one thing on Leopard nor iLife or iWork it was all iPhone which I would excited about if I didn't cost the price of a MacBook.....

To be fair, the iPhone is about the same price as a Mac mini, not a MacBook.

Wow...really blown away by the iPhone...especially the price! Begin able to shrink/grow previews...really cool. But, seriously, $500 WITH a 2 yr contract! Also, no mention on how easy this thing will scratch, or how nasty it will look with fingerprints all over it.

Well as far as I am concerned this is like a complete heroin session in two hours .

High

Phone - outstanding

Pros - everything

Apple TV - great potential

Pros - can play good quality media,

Acts as a good quality media center

Coming down

Phone

Cons - not available yet, gives competition to catchup/ imitate quick, small storage.price

Apple TV

Cons - restricted to itunes ? I want to play all the divx/xvid media from my pc, can I ?

'07 products

Nothing on leopard, ilife, e.t.c

Apple cannot live up to the hype that everyone expects from them

I was really shocked to not see an update to iLife or iWork, I believe this is the first Macworld without an update to either one.

You do know that Cingular merged with AT&T Wireless and kept the Cingular name, right? Personally, I am glad Apple chose Cingular to be the service provider for the iPhone.

Personally, I'm rather annoyed they got a bunch of patents that shouldn't be patentable and they chose the route of exclusive partners which will make it more expensive for everyone. Not that Verizon would let you use a phone without crippling it to oblivion anyways....