Official MacWorld Keynote Thread

Find me that quote. All I remember Steve saying is that all Macs would be Intel by the end of the year, which definitely happened far before the year was over.

I am trying to remember where I saw it. I know about them porting to Intel by end of year, he said that at MW '06

man - development of 10.5 must have been restarted or something for them not to even bring it up... just like Vista. expect 10.5 in 2009 and with most of the best features pulled!

They need more time to copy Vista, and then Vienna.

AppleTV ?199 from apple store in UK not that bad

heck yes it is! its USD199 in the US... you pay WAY more in UK and EU overall...

but it's still a good pricing... i mean it's cheaper than DVD recorders and players were in the beginning and this is a totally new product either.

(apart from xbox360 with media center extender)

-fm

heck yes it is! its USD199 in the US... you pay WAY more in UK and EU overall...

but it's still a good pricing... i mean it's cheaper than DVD recorders and players were in the beginning and this is a totally new product either.

(apart from xbox360 with media center extender)

-fm

no its $299 in the USA. So around ?150

With VAT added (around ?25), then its up to ?175. So really, inly ?25 isn't too bad (compared to how we usually get ripped off)

no its $299 in the USA. So around ?150

With VAT added (around ?25), then its up to ?175. So really, inly ?25 isn't too bad (compared to how we usually get ripped off)

exactly

5 hours of talk time is pretty damned good for a smart phone.

what peace pipe are you smoking, here are some of the more popular smartphones/ppc's our and there talk times...facts come from www.vzw.com

Moto Q

Talk Time: up to 234 mins (1130 mAh)

StandBy Time: up to 212 hrs. (1130 mAh)

VX6700

Usage Time: Up to 5 hours OR (granted this is the same as the Iphone, but look at the standby time)

Standby Time: Up to 200 + hours

Palm 700w,700p

Up to 270 minutes talk time / Up to 360 hours standby

Apple TV looks interesting..

However, once I looked at the "Supported Video Formats" I lost all interest.

It would be of no use to me if the only formats it truly supports are those found on Apple Store.

It would be of no use to me if the only formats it truly supports are those found on Apple Store.

If it's based on OSX (almost certainly, if they've chucked it on a phone they'll put it on a Set top) then you just need to add Perian components, and boom, full playback.

what peace pipe are you smoking, here are some of the more popular smartphones/ppc's our and there talk times...facts come from www.vzw.com

Moto Q

Talk Time: up to 234 mins (1130 mAh)

StandBy Time: up to 212 hrs. (1130 mAh)

VX6700

Usage Time: Up to 5 hours OR (granted this is the same as the Iphone, but look at the standby time)

Standby Time: Up to 200 + hours

Palm 700w,700p

Up to 270 minutes talk time / Up to 360 hours standby

Moto Q

Less than 4 hours talk

VX6700

Same talk time

Palm

4.5 hr talk.

Not too bad considering the features of the iphone. Yes, standby time is less, but I am sure the the iphone is running a bunch of background processes. I want to know if the battery is user replaceable.

So you can't buy the Apple Phone yet?

Nope. From Apple's website: "This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained."

I believe Stevie said it would be ready by June????

Ahh I don't have an Apple Computer lol. This works with Windows so that's how I would be using it.

However, from the website these are the supporting formats: Video formats supported: H.264 and protected H.264 (from iTunes Store): 640 by 480, 30 fps, LC version of Baseline Profile; 320 by 240, 30 fps, Baseline profile up to Level 1.3; 1280 by 720, 24 fps, Progressive Main Profile. MPEG-4: 640 by 480, 30 fps, Simple Profile

I'm assuming you mean somehow adding the needed codec components onto the Box, and then you'd be able to play formats like OGG, Xvid, Divx, WMV, etc. If that's the case then it would definitely be a great product.

if they can create a program for on the fly streaming to xbox 360's wmv format im sure there will be a way to do the same here

if they can create a program for on the fly streaming to xbox 360's wmv format im sure there will be a way to do the same here

True but I don't like "on the fly converting". There's no point buying the Apple TV for $349.99 CAD if I have to convert everything.. I'd rather just use my 360 :p.

This is why it would only be useful to about 1% of the world.