Official MacWorld Keynote Thread

I wouldnt really call this dissapointing, the Iphone is cool, its a good product but costs to much and has a terrible batterylife for the phone...i really think when apple was coming up with this, the "phone part" was as intergral as it should be, this is in no way practicle for a daily phone IMHO

5 hours is no practical for anything. A phone or a MP3 player. 5 hours is nothing. If I bought this as a personal phone and carried it to work with me, it would only make it through half my day at work. That's terrible.

so can somebody tell me what would be the main differences between apple tv and the windows media center extender devices currently on the market? I don't know much about the apple tv so wondering aside from the dvr like part, what are the other advantages if any it has over windows media center extenders.

No new iPod, no new Mac's.. Just an insanely priced (granted amazing) iPhone with no Canadian carrier announcement? Wtf?

I guess Canada means jack **** to these guys :p.

kind of a bummer this keynote. He only talked about the iPhone. Sure, it's a great device! But a bit more info on Leopard or so would be welcome.

2007 - The year apple stopped being a computer company... you watch less and less hardware & software updates. They're probaly like whats the point trying to compete with Windows :(.

I wouldnt really call this dissapointing, the Iphone is cool, its a good product but costs to much and has a terrible batterylife for the phone...i really think when apple was coming up with this, the "phone part" was as intergral as it should be, this is in no way practicle for a daily phone IMHO

5 hours of talk time is pretty damned good for a smart phone.

from engadget...

9:42am - "Well today, we're introducing THREE revolutionary new products. The first one is a widescreen ipod with touch controls" The crowd goes wild. "The second is a revolutinoary new mobile phone."

so there is a new ipod coming...

5 hours is no practical for anything. A phone or a MP3 player. 5 hours is nothing. If I bought this as a personal phone and carried it to work with me, it would only make it through half my day at work. That's terrible.

Agreed. 5 Hours is just plain dumb. Why even bother?

No it didn't, you can order AppleTV today.

it doesnt take 2 and a half hours to update the store for this.

that and alot of people wud be wanting to order things like ipods and what not....

And this always happens to Apple. Everybody's so disappointed because sites like MacRumors hyped up this crap that wouldn't come true right away. People expect so much more because of other people and it kills Apple's great showing.

from engadget...

9:42am - "Well today, we're introducing THREE revolutionary new products. The first one is a widescreen ipod with touch controls" The crowd goes wild. "The second is a revolutinoary new mobile phone."

wow dude

from engadget...

Excpet that you forget this part:

9:43 am one device, not 3 separate
(from Macrumorslive)

desktop-class apps...

does this mean... as this baby runs mac os x... that even.... NORMAL mac os x apps that run on iMacs run on iPhone?... or like sumfin like universal binary... so it needs just a quick re-compiling and re-editing?

-fm

from engadget...

no its not. The way apple presented it it would seem so, but then they add that its 3 devices in 1.