Official MacWorld Keynote Thread

Guess Steve was wrong last year when he said they were going to be able to get 10.5 out the door before Vista. :laugh: Not even a word about it today. Something must have gone wrong with it for them to completely overlook it at a conference this large. Crazy!

from engadget...

9:42am - "Well today, we're introducing THREE revolutionary new products. The first one is a widescreen ipod with touch controls" The crowd goes wild. "The second is a revolutinoary new mobile phone."

so there is a new ipod coming...

No. This was 3 products rolled into one. = iPhone.

Web Communications device + iPod Widescreen + Mobile Phone.

Once again, Apple's marketing machine has succeeded in making this Expo to be the next best thing, not that the iPhone isn't cool, because some of the stuff on there is pretty sweet, but c'mon, don't fill us with "30 years was just the beginning" and then show up a glorified PDA.

desktop-class apps...

does this mean... as this baby runs mac os x... that even.... NORMAL mac os x apps that run on iMacs run on iPhone?... or like sumfin like universal binary... so it needs just a quick re-compiling and re-editing?

-fm

we don't know yet lol

Agreed. 5 Hours is just plain dumb. Why even bother?

Would you people bitching about the battery life please learn to READ?

It is 5 hours of talk time in phone mode, or up to 16 hours for just iPod use.

Guess Steve was wrong last year when he said they were going to be able to get 10.5 out the door before Vista. :laugh: Not even a word about it today. Something must have gone wrong with it for them to completely overlook it at a conference this large. Crazy!

Steve was also wrong because he said that Apple would be transitioning all their CD computers over to C2D by the end of the year and that hasn't happened. The Mac Mini is still CD.

5 Hours talk time. I don't think that's that bad for a device like that

That's just talk time. I'm a developer and listen to my iPod all day long. What if I'm talking 2 hours out of my 9 hour day at work and listen to music the rest of the time. It isn't going to last all 9 hours.

The battery life may seem small but remember it is also an ipod. For sure it will recharge from the usb. I think this product changes the way we look at portable devices. It is a very impresive product.

anyone catch the standby time and if the camera includes a flash.. is there any pictures of the back of the phone?

All I saw was 5 Hours Talktime

5 Hours Video

16 Hours Audio

man - development of 10.5 must have been restarted or something for them not to even bring it up... just like Vista. expect 10.5 in 2009 and with most of the best features pulled!

Steve was also wrong because he said that Apple would be transitioning all their CD computers over to C2D by the end of the year and that hasn't happened. The Mac Mini is still CD.

That's true too. What's going on with Apple? More important things on their minds then the customer all of the sudden. :blink:

When did he say that?

5 Hours talk time. I don't think that's that bad for a device like that

My wife's phone can go several days without recharging, which includes a lot of talk time.

But yeah, I misread. 5 hour talk time isn't that bad, but people are going to do A LOT more than talk on this thing, with it being a PDA and such. I don't see 5 hour talk time being achieved with videos, photos, web surfing, chats, etc. being used as well.

Find me that quote. All I remember Steve saying is that all Macs would be Intel by the end of the year, which definitely happened far before the year was over.

whats the resolution btw?...

they said its 3.5 inch wide and has 160px per inch... but... what's the res?

-fm