Official MacWorld Keynote Thread

what peace pipe are you smoking, here are some of the more popular smartphones/ppc's our and there talk times...facts come from www.vzw.com

Moto Q

Talk Time: up to 234 mins (1130 mAh)

StandBy Time: up to 212 hrs. (1130 mAh)

VX6700

Usage Time: Up to 5 hours OR (granted this is the same as the Iphone, but look at the standby time)

Standby Time: Up to 200 + hours

Palm 700w,700p

Up to 270 minutes talk time / Up to 360 hours standby

5 hours = 300 minutes. No phone you listed has more talk time.

Also, Apple didn't say anything about standby time. If you know what the standby time is for the iPhone, let us know. The 16 hours is for using it as an iPod only.

On a more general note, I enjoy quips like:

$599 for an iPod! Ridiculous!

$599 for a pda! Stupid!

$599 for a smartphone! I hope Apple fails!

You've gotta realize that it's all of this. It's essentially a tiny mac in your pocket, and you're gonna have to pay for it.

I wanna know what you people thought it should have been priced at? The same as the iPod? Less?

what peace pipe are you smoking, here are some of the more popular smartphones/ppc's our and there talk times...facts come from www.vzw.com

Moto Q

Talk Time: up to 234 mins (1130 mAh)

StandBy Time: up to 212 hrs. (1130 mAh)

VX6700

Usage Time: Up to 5 hours OR (granted this is the same as the Iphone, but look at the standby time)

Standby Time: Up to 200 + hours

Palm 700w,700p

Up to 270 minutes talk time / Up to 360 hours standby

It looks like you need to learn some math. 234 MINUTES is 3.9 HOURS, which is less than the iPhone. 270 MINUTES is 4.5 HOURS, which is still less than the iPhone. Therefore, I stand by my statement that 5 hours of talk time is pretty good for a smartphone.

That's why their photocopiers get so hot!

Nope they lend those out to Microsoft and they haven't been returned yet. Something about a shortage during Vista's development? :unsure:

Nope they lend those out to Microsoft and they haven't been returned yet. Something about a shortage during Vista's development? :unsure:

Ok that's enough guys. Let's keep this thread clean.

No Leapard. :( Gah. Guess WWDC in June will have to be it.

Yeah, I wonder when beta testers will get their hands on those mayor features then. :/ Really weird.

Keep your trolling out.

Im not trying to back up anyone/company.. but what do you call these posts? Why dont you quote both of them say what you said.. :rolleyes:

Nah, Apple is trying to move forward. Not backward.

Ok that's enough guys. Let's keep this thread clean.

Sure np. (Y)

Im not trying to back up anyone/company.. but what do you call these posts? Why dont you quote both of them say what you said.. :rolleyes:

A light-weighted response back? Dare I even say a joke, as in ha ha ha - lol?

No Leapard. :( Gah. Guess WWDC in June will have to be it.

It looks like they have missed the Spring 2006 window, can't believe they did not even show one thing on Leopard nor iLife or iWork it was all iPhone which I would excited about if I didn't cost the price of a MacBook.....

At first I was a bit put off at the price, but if you think about it, they are going after the BlackBerry market and it is around the same price as a Blackberry but with more....So just think of it at a blackberry competitor ;)

You know...thinking about it, I think Apple's only mistake was calling it the iPhone.

People will hear that and think of this as a phone, first and foremost. That alone makes the price tag seem more unreasonable than it actually is. Lost in the shuffle is the fact that this is the widescreen, touchscreen iPod that people have been craving for at least a year now. On top of that it's essentially a tiny mac with a slew of iLife-esque apps surely in the works. And yes, it also makes phone calls.

I think people will see the iPhone and wonder why a phone costs so much, and that's a shame.

I still can't figure that out because Verizon's latest count has them at 61.4 Million sub's...

wait hold on I just figured it out.... those numbers are USA only, Verizon actually has a TON more then just the USA ones and Cingular is also aggregating AT&T wireless users in their numbers also!..... so two companies are gona have more then one with their size...

It looks like they have missed the Spring 2006 window, can't believe they did not even show one thing on Leopard nor iLife or iWork it was all iPhone which I would excited about if I didn't cost the price of a MacBook.....

I forgot all about that! No iLife '07 and iWork '07 release either. :|

LOL @ All the MS Boys posting Apple's famous MS Rudeness back at Apple.

Come up with your own hilarious material kthx.

*Looks at postcount* I love apple threads.

IMO, they shoulda made a cheaper one without, say, OSX. Nothing against OSX, I just don't need an OS on my phone. Stick Safari on there, with the capabilities of an iPod, and obviously phone functionality and I'd be set. $499 is way too much for a phone. I was really looking forward to it too :(

-Spenser