The REAL game starts... (Puzzle Box 1)

as they are we won't be able to get a full image from these because repair table and hourglass are the same image. i presume we're going to need to wait until next week to get more white boxes out.

Strange assumption. I just pulled them into Photoshop and ROTATED them. Anyone who's ever worked a paper puzzle knows that you work from the corners first ... so when I found what looked like corners, I simply rotated the second one. That gave me the upper left and lower right corners.

I agree that we'll need more pieces. That much is clear. But Repair Table and Hourglass weren't exactly the same image.

I think they only appear to a 'virgin' login at vanishingpointgame.com. A variable is passed to the server when you click on them so as not to show them to you again.

IMHO there should have been 12 white boxes, but your grid got 16 boxes =P

You're assuming a lot. I started with 16 because it was clear that the picture wouldn't be complete with only 12. Also, since the white boxes were perfectly square, it was a safe assumption that the whole picture would be as well, so it HAD to have at least 16.

I'm thinking it will be closer to 64 by the end.

I rather think 36 - we have 9 for this box - there will be nine for the other 3 boxes makes 36 in total which would again be a square (6x6)

That's assuming that they're only in puzzles, and I think I've already seen one OUTSIDE of a puzzle. It was on the puzzle selection page.

That's assuming that they're only in puzzles, and I think I've already seen one OUTSIDE of a puzzle. It was on the puzzle selection page.

Really? Do we have a screen cap?

i think that it is bull @#$% that only certain countries can register for the game. I'm from south Africa, so i can't register...what if i was some genius(not that i am) and because i'm from s.a i can't be recognised!!! i now know why alot of people support apple, microsoft are a$$es.

3 emails?

I have sent email to loki@vanishingpointgame.com and got the "play" responce. I then sent 3 emails to loki@microsoft.com and got 2 different replies.

Reply one:

Loki . (Confidential) v-loki@microsoft.com

Out of Office

Hmmm. Not quite what I had in mind. Try harder - then listen closely.

~L

Reply two:

Remote Mailer Five rmailer5@microsoft.com

Getting Warmer

Hmmm. Not quite what I had in mind. Try harder - then listen closely.

~L

All subsiquent emails return with the same as #2

I also sent an email directly to v-loki@microsoft.com

and got the same reply as #2

What am I missing to get the third reply?

i think that it is bull @#$% that only certain countries can register for the game. I'm from south Africa, so i can't register...what if i was some genius(not that i am) and because i'm from s.a i can't be recognised!!! i now know why alot of people support apple, microsoft are a$$es.

I think your blaming the wrong people. The people you blame should be your elected officials. As far as I can tell, this is offered in ALL countries that they legally CAN offer it.

They are not saying S. African's are morons, they are just saying that it is not available there.

Go buy your apple, keep your nose up Jobs butt. And have a good one.

Just to get the record straight, i do not support only apple or microsoft, i support whoever release the better product at the time in question, but i still think that MS could have done a better job of getting the ENTIRE world involved.

I'm sure there is a way to play, now just to find it.... :whistle:

Just to get the record straight, i do not support only apple or microsoft, i support whoever release the better product at the time in question, but i still think that MS could have done a better job of getting the ENTIRE world involved.

I'm sure there is a way to play, now just to find it.... :whistle:

I'm sure you have thought about just what is NEEDED for a program of this scale. I took offense that you were angry because your country was not able to participate.

To plan and execute an ARG of this complexity and size is hard, but to be able to include the entire world would be nearly impossible. There are too many different laws pertaining to prizes and gifts. There are too many different taxes, there are too many "variables" to consider. It sucks when your on the losing end, but it is not Microsoft's fault, and to be angry at them and take it out on us is just not called for.

I think your blaming the wrong people. The people you blame should be your elected officials. As far as I can tell, this is offered in ALL countries that they legally CAN offer it.

They are not saying S. African's are morons, they are just saying that it is not available there.

I think it's kinda weird. I'm from the Netherlands and can't join either. I don't understand why Dutch people can't join... maybe tax issues or it's just a Dutch approach.

About the emailing Loki thing. What if we are misinterpreting the message? What if she meant play as in theatre instead of game? So we shouldn't be looking for a work address?

Actually, even though all that made sence a moment ago, now it sounds a little stupid. But at least it gives some thoughts

About the emailing Loki thing. What if we are misinterpreting the message? What if she meant play as in theatre instead of game? So we shouldn't be looking for a work address?

Actually, even though all that made sence a moment ago, now it sounds a little stupid. But at least it gives some thoughts

That's not stupid - but i see whereyour coming from - play meaning vanishingpointgame is a play?

Loki said in the first video that if we needed help, we could just search for the Vanishing Point tag. Do you supposed she meant something like a Microsoft Gamertag, or something else?

fatherthespis

That's not stupid - but i see whereyour coming from - play meaning vanishingpointgame is a play?

Thank you. It occured to me when i was thinking about the message and then went back to her qualifications. Remember what she was studying?

Edit: Wasn't she in the director's chair when she said "This is my play"? Maybe it's indicating that she's running the show? Even if she is employed to do a certain job, she gets to run the show. Any of this make sence to anyone else? It's surprised me that I came to this.

theres also some small pauses in the video, like on the gloves and caine, the try set out for dinner(mints?, flowers(3) etc) and when she says timeless theres a shift in the image also it pauses on the picture of the fountin and the text is all in chinse or something? and the notepad, and the book "herodotus" , the wrappers on the table., the book page? and it also when played in media player says 'hear the challenge?"

Edited by TheReaperMan