Puzzle Box 2

Anyone notice that the top of the left cup is silver while the rest of them have a BLACK reflection on the top? It looks like that one is out of place... compared to the rest of them...

after reading this "By 1911, having formulated a regular act, the young magician adopted the name Blackstone,

after a cigar which he felt was a name of quality" now I'm not 100% convinced that we are following the right

lead but still makes senses with the holy thing.

if there is another trickster with the same name as a silver banded holy relic i would flip out

Impressive work on those shields, guys! :woot:

Blackstone rearranges to nothing helpful that I've found, but there are some interesting phrases that come up:

on sack belt

stolen back

no black set

nothing more to report right now, but I would like to know if anyone can tell what's on the buttons holding the sack to the table.

if there is another trickster with the same name as a silver banded holy relic i would flip out

me too because I still believe blackstone makes a lot of sense ...

Anyone notice that the top of the left cup is silver while the rest of them have a BLACK reflection on the top? It looks like that one is out of place... compared to the rest of them...

That's because there's no cup to the far left casting a shadow.

also, i would like to point out again that it has been almost an hour and my emails to blackstone@vanishingpointgame.com have gone unbounced and unanswered. maybe... you have to... say the write thing in order to prompt a response? maybe that's what the clue that we haven't seen yet would be addressing?

Impressive work on those shields, guys! :woot:

Blackstone rearranges to nothing helpful that I've found, but there are some interesting phrases that come up:

on sack belt

stolen back

no black set

nothing more to report right now, but I would like to know if anyone can tell what's on the buttons holding the sack to the table.

They almost look like maple leaves.

So far, we haven't gotten very far with the last one. We know that it has to do with the magician Harry Blackstone (Sr. or Jr.?), and something with the phrase "Accept no substitutes". Now, judging from the hard puzzles so far, none of them ever have directly corresponded to the answer. That means the sentence "Accept no substitutes" is a clue TOWARDS the answer, but not a clue for the answer itself. Also, keep in mind the 4 cups on the table. Does anyone know any famous Cups and Balls magicians?

also, i would like to point out again that it has been almost an hour and my emails to blackstone@vanishingpointgame.com have gone unbounced and unanswered. maybe... you have to... say the write thing in order to prompt a response? maybe that's what the clue that we haven't seen yet would be addressing?

I think that they may be black-holing all messages that are not addressed to in-game addresses. As I just sent a test message to blackston2@vanishingpointgame.com (typo'd on purpose) to see if I'd get a bounce. So far, nothing. It's the easiest way to stop spamming at random email addresses (although don't get me started on the SMTP protocol compliance issues that brings up).