Ofcom probes Big Brother 'racism'

Because she undercooked a chicken and people did not want to risk getting food poisoning by eating it (which they told her) they are now being classed as racist bullies.

I think that had this been a white person they said this to it would not be an issue?

Comments...

i dont think a person with your views on other cultures should comment on a "racism" row

i dont think a person with your views on other cultures should comment on a "racism" row

How about you just keep your comments about me personally to yourself and read the thread before you comment on a topic you have only read the first post on. Oh, and until a mod says that i have crossed the line and asks me to stop, then i will, but as you are but a meer user on the Neowin forums, i dont think i realy need to adhear to what you ask.

Oh, and if you had bothered to read the thread you would see that i was standing up for Shilpa... Perhaps read before you post next time, eh, <snipped> :yes:

Edited by Fred Derf

I think everyones just being a ###### about this, and blowing it way out of proportion...

And for some reason, those with darker skin, when someone says something rascist about them, the world is coming to the end. But no one cares when its the other way around.

ok my original views that this might have been people overreacting seem to be slightly wrong after i heard clips on the radio like "she can't even speak english, she should go back home" and jade saying that "she should go back to the slums". oh and in the paper yesterday of teddy sheringham's bird saying "she wants to be white, she's a dog".

whether it is racism or bullying, it's still bad and jade seems like a hypocrite after giving money to an anti-bullying campaign.

ok my original views that this might have been people overreacting seem to be slightly wrong after i heard clips on the radio like "she can't even speak english, she should go back home" and jade saying that "she should go back to the slums". oh and in the paper yesterday of teddy sheringham's bird saying "she wants to be white, she's a dog".

whether it is racism or bullying, it's still bad and jade seems like a hypocrite after giving money to an anti-bullying campaign.

Yeah i watched it last night and it is far worse than i imagined.

I think everyones just being a ###### about this, and blowing it way out of proportion...

And for some reason, those with darker skin, when someone says something rascist about them, the world is coming to the end. But no one cares when its the other way around.

If you tried reading even a single news report, without starting with your stereotyping, you would have realised that most of the complainants were British Whites.

I wonder why Neowin allows 12 year old kids to post in RWI.

Sorry but if you watched the show you would see just how bad things are on there. Jade is being realy realy over the top.

You are wrong.

If you tried reading even a single news report, without starting with your stereotyping, you would have realised that most of the complainants were British Whites.

They dont. You must be 13 years and older to join, however there is no real way to stop someone joining. In this case you are right, he is only a 16 year old kid from Scotland.

Sorry but if you watched the show you would see just how bad things are on there. Jade is being realy realy over the top.

You are wrong.

They dont. You must be 13 years and older to join, however there is no real way to stop someone joining. In this case you are right, he is only a 16 year old kid from Scotland.

careful now , someone might misconstrue your comments to be racist , by the very fact you were indicating the guy was from Scotland. I mean surely point it he's only 16 , the fact he is Scottish has no bearing on this matter. Bear in mind this is coming from an Englishman

See how easy it is to be over sensative

careful now , someone might misconstrue your comments to be racist , by the very fact you were indicating the guy was from Scotland. I mean surely point it he's only 16 , the fact he is Scottish has no bearing on this matter. Bear in mind this is coming from an Englishman

See how easy it is to be over sensative

Lol. Read in to it what you might, it is not meant anything and if there is a problem with me pointing that out then a mod can edit or request i edit the post.

It is easy to be over sensitive, but there is sensitive, over sensitive and then just plan silly.

It is easy to be over sensitive, but there is sensitive, over sensitive and then just plan silly.

I agree and this whole 'racism' m'larky is just plain silly.

I agree and this whole 'racism' m'larky is just plain silly.

How is that? They are being racist? Have you actually watched it?

Telling someone to fuc* off home to your slum i would class as racism...

FYI, I did read it, and have also seen the program to know whats going on. When I said no one cares, I meant from any race.

For future reference - I am 16, almost 17, and have more than likely been through much more in my life, than you have, including 3 years difference, so dont talk **** about my age.

@Rich: No matter how bluntly rascist Jade has been, I dont think it deserves over a 6 page discussion, and India as a country getting involved. This stuff happens every day, in every area.

FYI, I did read it, and have also seen the program to know whats going on. When I said no one cares, I meant from any race.

For future reference - I am 16, almost 17, and have more than likely been through much more in my life, than you have, including 3 years difference, so dont talk **** about my age.

@Rich: No matter how bluntly rascist Jade has been, I dont think it deserves over a 6 page discussion, and India as a country getting involved. This stuff happens every day, in every area.

I think you are misunderstanding the whole situation.

Jade has been racist and people do care. If they didnt care then why would they be complaining to Ofcom and C4? Why would people in India be taking to the streets in protest?

The whole reason it is such a big thing is because in India Shilpa is a super star and super stars in India are treated like royalty. If the Indians see Shilpa being treated in such a way and looking so unhappy, they will be upset also, which is what we are seeing now.

As for you having gone through a lot in your life, im sure you have, however i doubt it is much more than any other 16 year old kid. I also went through a lot when i was younger and had a very hard upbringing... i dont use that against others.

dont think it deserves over a 6 page discussion, and This stuff happens every day, in every area.

we have had far longer discussion on stupid things like god here

India as a country getting involved.

where did you get that Idea?

In addition to my last post to Disturb3d i would also like to point out that i dont think this happens every day to this level in the UK. ONe every now and then maybe, but not every day.

Granted, there is a lot of people walking around with chips on their shoulders and a lot of racial tension in the UK, but as for this type of uncalled for abuse from one person to another on a daily basis i think that is untrue. However if you have any evidence to back this quote up, then please post it and i will appologise.

How is that? They are being racist? Have you actually watched it?

Telling someone to fuc* off home to your slum i would class as racism...

so calling Jade's mother 'White Trailer Trash' isn't being racist ?!?!? No one is moaning complaining about that !

And no telling someone to 'fuc* off to you slum' isn't racist , it's just ignorance and immaturity.

so calling Jade's mother 'White Trailer Trash' isn't being racist.

And no telling someone to 'fuc* off to you slum' isn't racist , it's just ignorance and immaturity.

Im sorry? Am i missing something? It IS racism as far as im concerned, how can you say its not?

Im sorry? Am i missing something? It IS racism as far as im concerned, how can you say its not?

maybe my point wasn't very clear. Where is the outcry about this kind of racism ? Or is the fact that it orginated from a person of colour makes it ok does it. As some guy somewhere once said 'Let he who is without sin , cast the first stone'

So if tell you to shut the f*ck up and p*ss off back to your slum , am I being racist ? No , I'm being very rude , immature and ignorant.

If I tell you to shut the f*ck up ya English Sasanach tw*t , then yes I am being racist.

Telling someone to go back to their slum is totally different.

Or do you mean that by saying 'slum' , Danielle is implying that because Shilpa is of Indian origin that she is in fact implying that all by living in India all Indians live in slums ? If so , then this is no more than ignorance and immaturity.

Edited by cragdoo

I think you are misunderstanding the whole situation.

Jade has been racist and people do care. If they didnt care then why would they be complaining to Ofcom and C4? Why would people in India be taking to the streets in protest?

The whole reason it is such a big thing is because in India Shilpa is a super star and super stars in India are treated like royalty. If the Indians see Shilpa being treated in such a way and looking so unhappy, they will be upset also, which is what we are seeing now.

As for you having gone through a lot in your life, im sure you have, however i doubt it is much more than any other 16 year old kid. I also went through a lot when i was younger and had a very hard upbringing... i dont use that against others.

Thanks for that explanation (seriously) but I still stand by what I said and think the whole thing is out of proportion.

As for doubting its no more than any other 16 year old kid, your wrong mate.

we have had far longer discussion on stupid things like god here

I wouldnt call God a stupid thing, each to there own belief. (to an extent)

In addition to my last post to Disturb3d i would also like to point out that i dont think this happens every day to this level in the UK. ONe every now and then maybe, but not every day.

Granted, there is a lot of people walking around with chips on their shoulders and a lot of racial tension in the UK, but as for this type of uncalled for abuse from one person to another on a daily basis i think that is untrue. However if you have any evidence to back this quote up, then please post it and i will appologise.

Not to this televised level or whatever, but everyday in schools, or out in the streets people will be getting assaulted just for there race, which I would consider more serious than Jade Goody talking her ish.

What do you want evidence for?

Big Brother sponsers, the Carphone Warehouse, have pulled out their sponsorship of the program.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1247956,00.html

Pff...... see what I mean!!

maybe my point wasn't very clear. Where is the outcry about this kind of racism ? Or is the fact that it orginated from a person of colour makes it ok does it. As some guy somewhere once said 'Let he who is without sin , cast the first stone'

So if tell you to shut the f*ck up and p*ss off back to your slum , am I being racist ? No , I'm being very rude , immature and ignorant.

If I tell you to shut the f*ck up ya English Sasanach tw*t , then yes I am being racist.

Telling someone to go back to their slum is totally different.

Or do you mean that by saying 'slum' , Danielle is implying that because Shilpa is of Indian origin that she is in fact implying that all by living in India all Indians live in slums ? If so , then this is no more than ignorance and immaturity.

I think you and i have a different idea of what is considered racism

I think you and i have a different idea of what is considered racism

well to me being racist usually involves some kind of derogatory remark towards someones race (i.e. English tw*t , Jock b*stard)

So you're saying that telling someone to f*ck off back to their slum is racist ?!?!?!