Ofcom probes Big Brother 'racism'

So you were using Muslims 'complaining' that they aren't terrorists as a reference to show how Indians are possibly accusing the UK of being racists while defending Muslims? yeah makes sense.

I agree poor example , but you kinda get my gist !

so now you're calling me a liar ? careful now. I know what I heard , otherwise I wouldn't have posted it here

I went a bit overboard I guess. My apologies.

Yeah nothing racist in calling someone a "****ing paki" is there :rolleyes:

That combined with the fact that she is Indian and not Pakistani. I mean, if you are going to use racial slurs, at least get the country correct. :rolleyes:

That combined with the fact that she is Indian and not Pakistani. I mean, if you are going to use racial slurs, at least get the country correct. :rolleyes:

that's used for any asian person. i used to get called it too. people who say those things don't really care if they're being accurate. :pinch:

that's used for any asian person. i used to get called it too. people who say those things don't really care if they're being accurate. :pinch:

Oops, people actually call Indians by that name there? You said 'used to be called'. Has the situation improved now?

don't hear it as often now. my family are well liked. but every now and then you get a trouble maker. we have a shop so it's to be expected sometimes.

but as i say, it's only a few people in the 16+ years we got this shop. wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

http://www.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=79972

India Tourism office in London invited beauty therapist Jade Goody and her friends who have been tormenting Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty in a British reality TV show to visit India and experience the ?healing nature? of the country.

In an open letter addressed to Goody and her friends through advertisements in leading London dailies, including The Times and The Guardian, the India Tourism said, "Once your current commitments are over may we invite you to experience the healing nature of India."

It said, "being one of the world's oldest civilizations, our land is one where the ancient and the modern co-exist and a multitude of religions live in harmony. We have a modern thriving culture and offer an amazing wealth of sights and sounds, tastes and textures making our country a place like no other."

The advertisement spoke about the unmatched beauty spots the country offered, saying ?our country is blessed with everything from snow-clad mountains and crystal glaciers to thick forests rich in wildlife and long sandy coastlines, offering something for everyoIn an apparent indirect dig at Goody, the ad said, "As a beauty therapist, you may be especially interested in visiting one of the many spas where you can cleanse your stresses away, enjoy yoga in the land that invented it and experience Ayurvedic healing which promotes positive health and natural beauty."uot;

Vivek Angra, Director of India Tourism, UK and Ireland, said that during the airing of Channel 4's Celebrity Big Brother show, there have been a number of negative and outdated views expressed about India.

"The India Tourism office has chosen to set the record straight by inviting Jade Goody and her friends to experience incredible India for themselves," he said.

Brilliant marketing! HAHAHAHA. That's like getting free coverage on news sites for their ad!

whats popodom mean?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papadum

It's a light snack/wafer usually eaten by South Indians/Sindhis.

I just read an article on Jade Goody, and it seems that she isn't the most loved person around.

http://www.timesnow.tv/Sections/Entertainm...how/1320083.cms

Known for her high levels of ignorance, she took Saddam Hussein, the late Iraqi President, for a boxer.

:blink: Woah. Please someone someone(!!!) ask her who Bush is! :p

▪ Holds the distinction of being voted the 4th worst person in Britain in 2002 poll conducted by Channel 4.?

Arrested in October, 2005 on suspicion of shoplifting>

LOL. I think this just confirms that she was merely bullying Shilpa and it wasn't a case of racism. Even if it was, then I think considering her history, we can safely conclude that she does not represent the average British citizen.

Edited by Anand

Some more of Goody's classics: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/t...dio/2055968.stm

Jade asks Spencer if he punts boats on the River Thames.

Spencer: "No, I work in Cambridge."

Jade: "I know I'm from Bermondsey and I know that's London, but where is Cambridge?"

Spencer: "It's in East Anglia."

Jade: "Where's East Angular [sic]though? I thought that was abroad."

"It's Mona Lisa who's symmetrical, innit?"

I am intelligent, but I let myself down because I can't speak properly or spell."

"Rio de Janeiro, ain't that a person?"
"Do they speak Portuganese in Portugal? I thought Portugal was in Spain."
Jade picks up a photo of PJ on holiday by the sea.

Jade: "Is that where you live?"

PJ: "Yeah, Birmingham seaside."

Jade: "Have they not got seasides in Birmingham?"

I'm sorry. I even take back the bullying allegation. This is just shocking! Do such people exist??!! She should be sent back to kindergarden!

Are you as dumb as Jade is? http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,11049-2007010527,00.html

Edited by Anand

Yeah nothing racist in calling someone a "****ing paki" is there :rolleyes:

she never said that... i've got big brother on now and all they said is about the popadom thing..

seriously.. get a grip.

This is just shocking! Do such people exist??!! She should be sent back to kindergarden!

It's the Malibu Stacy/Jessica Simpson effect. You pull a string on their back and they say:

"Math is hard"

"Do Buffalo Wings come from real Buffaloes?"

she never said that... i've got big brother on now and all they said is about the popadom thing..

seriously.. get a grip.

You're right, her boyfriend did, while Jade, Jo and Danielle laughed and egged him on. Making this statement of yours, on that incident alone, rubbish :)

no ****.. seriously, people considering this to have been racist need to get a grip.

Or maybe its YOU thats right, and the WHOLE NATION is wrong eh? :rolleyes:

It's the Malibu Stacy/Jessica Simpson effect. You pull a string on their back and they say:

"Math is hard"

"Do Buffalo Wings come from real Buffaloes?"

But, I'm surprised she didn't know anything about Cambridge! I mean she lives in that country!

I think it was all blown way out of proportion. Arguments/groups/segmentation/rows over oxo cubes always happens in big bro. I don't think it was racism, but Jade was definitely bullying Shilpa.

Shilpa needs to keep doing what she has been doing by brushing it off. The other girl(s) in the house may or may not be racist but they are complete dumb bitches that is for sure.

You're right, her boyfriend did, while Jade, Jo and Danielle laughed and egged him on. Making this statement of yours, on that incident alone, rubbish :)

Or maybe its YOU thats right, and the WHOLE NATION is wrong eh? :rolleyes:

Yes, the world is full of politically incorrect bull****.. people need a bit tougher skin.. name calling like this will never go away, people need to realise this..

if someone says to me hey white boy, or watever, ask me if i care... put that on the other foot, its a completely different thing.

Politically, incorrect, bull****.

The people most quick to dismiss racism are those not generally affected by it (or at least not victimized by it). Hmm, I wonder why that is?

The people most quick to dismiss racism are those not generally affected by it (or at least not victimized by it). Hmm, I wonder why that is?

To be fair to the UK, it has always given full opportunities to the minorities to grow and prosper. It can be seen by the number of Indians/Chinese working in front office analyst jobs in big banks in Canary Wharf(London's equivalent of Wall Street). Also, ironically, UK's richest person is an Indian immigrant. So, I don't think Indians should feel victimized.

Yes, there were incidents in the 70s when Indian houses were firebombed by fanatics, but no one can change the past, and that is what the Indian community has understood there.

Also, rather than feeling victimized, Indians should be proud that their country is the second largest investor in the UK after the US. http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/6717/945/

So, they're not just there to snatch away local jobs. In fact, Indian companies opening their offices in London is creating jobs in the UK.

Yes, the world is full of politically incorrect bull****.. people need a bit tougher skin.. name calling like this will never go away, people need to realise this..

if someone says to me hey white boy, or watever, ask me if i care... put that on the other foot, its a completely different thing.

Politically, incorrect, bull****.

At last the solution to racism.....just ignore it! \o/

Why didnt Martin Luther King think of that? Or Rosa Parks? Its genius? :rolleyes:

JADE IS SO FULL OF HATE..SHE'S BEEN A BULLY ALL OF HER LIFE : Jade's Gandmom

by CAROLE MALONE

JADE Goody's grandmother wept last night as she confessed: "My granddaughter IS a racist bully".

Jacqueline Goody rounded on the motormouth Big Brother star and said she was ashamed of the way Jade had abused Bollywood beauty Shilpa Shetty.

Jacqueline, 69, mother of Jade's mixed-race dad Andrew, said: "What she said to Shilpa was unforgivable. It was racist and full of hate.

"I am so upset that Jade's been

so ignorant, because her father was mixed-race and her grandfather was black.

"They are both dead, but if they were alive they would be so disappointed and ashamed. Calling Shilpa a 'poppadom' was totally wrong. I was appalled that Jade was too stupid to even realise that it was going to be perceived as racist.

"Even before the racism row Jade bullied Ken Russell into leaving. She saw him as a bumbling old man and she didn't have the patience to deal with him. That was bad enough.

"Then she linked up with Danielle and Jo - Jade's gang - and created a mob to attack Shilpa. They were like a pack of wolves. Now that Jade's gone the other girls have a doomed look about them. I think it's dawned on them both just how serious the situation is.

"Jade's eviction was awful to watch. In her interview with Davina she desperately tried to make excuses for herself, but she could never talk her way out of it.

Jacqueline also told how Jade bullied her friend, Katie Berwick, when they were both 15 and at Bacon's College in Rotherhithe, South London. Jade treated Katie the same way she treated Shilpa.

She singled Katie out for treatment in exactly the same way.

"She'd really belittle Katie when she brought her to see me. Katie was overweight and Jade would make all kinds of cruel comments such as 'porky' to belittle her.

Once, Jade's taunts were once so bad Katie ran from my house in tears. "Then she'd gang up on her with her other mates."

Source : http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/carolemalone/